Laois Senior Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbbey

I actually happened to see bruno's injury and i can honestly say it was a complete accident, bruno had gone in behind the full back and checked to turn back and ran into the full back, there was absolutely no malice in it whatsoever

High Fielder

I'm hearing otherwise but even allowing for that very innocent explanation, why was the game not stopped? A man is lying flat on the pitch. Stop the game. Simple.

If that's what you saw Ballyroan, then I have no reason to doubt you. I thought Kinsella was awful yesterday. No control at all. He sent Conroy to the stand but his own antics in the Minor final were ten times worse against your own team.

At the very least, an inquiry needs to be held into the incident.

Hospital Pass

Id say there is plenty of sick heads in stradbally today. Congratulations to them in what was a gutsy performance and best of luck in representing the county in leinster. For Portlaoise maybe this will be the kick they needed.
The championship player of the year for me was colm begley. its no coincidence they won it with him in his first year back. Credible mention to eoin buggy also.
The best 2 games I seen all year were Portlaoise v st josephs and Ballyfin vs Emo. 

El Jefe

Quote from: High Fielder on October 17, 2016, 11:48:27 PM
I'm hearing otherwise but even allowing for that very innocent explanation, why was the game not stopped? A man is lying flat on the pitch. Stop the game. Simple.

If that's what you saw Ballyroan, then I have no reason to doubt you. I thought Kinsella was awful yesterday. No control at all. He sent Conroy to the stand but his own antics in the Minor final were ten times worse against your own team.

At the very least, an inquiry needs to be held into the incident.
Seriously? Ballyroan just said above that he saw it and it was an innocent collision. When has an enquiry ever been held into an incident like that? No one argued with the referee over the incident, no one claimed at the time that he got a box etc so maybe it was just as described already

Don Draper

Quote from: Saint75 on October 17, 2016, 11:29:35 PM
There are 2 cameras on every game in omp for this reason and they should be used
For what reason?

High Fielder

Absolutely an inquiry. A lad was unconscious for fucks sake and the ref played on. Irrespective of the circumstances, and Ballyroan'version is not what I've heard, this was a serious failure by all officials. You don't take chances with head injuries

El Jefe

Yes he should definitely have stopped the game, that's dead right but what I'm saying is that no one on the pitch saw it or argued about what happened so maybe it was an innocent collision. Is a poster here said he saw it clear as day then there's your eye witness, no reason to doubt him.
I think Eddie missed a few things alright but definitely needed more support from his officials. In fairness he did let the game flow as much as possible which made for entertaining viewing. He was dead right to send Conroy to the stand, just because he himself got away with it in the minor final doesn't mean he should leave Conroy there. That was up to the referee that day to look after, he looked after this game as he should with the Conroy decision

High Fielder

I'm not interested in the flow of the game if a lad was lying unconscious. It seems this is the second time in Bruno's career that he turned the wrong way against Stradbally. The officials let him down and whilst you would never hear whinging from the Portlaoise club, they weren't well served on the day. There was also a wide in the first half flagged as a point.

BallyroanAbu

This is quite unfair I doubt Eddie or anyone for that matter if they had realised the extent of Bruno's injury would have let the game continue.  I think anyone criticising the referees for this matter are been quite unfair.   Yes Bruno was injured but nobody wants to see anyone suffer any serious injury referee included.   I really think anyone implying this should hold fire and have a good think about it.

High Fielder

I have thought about it. Bruno McCormack is an honourable man. He isn't prone to play acting. I can't think of any reason why that game shouldn't have been stopped. It's actually sickening. I'm just grateful the lad is ok. Nothing else maters after that.

Laois fan

The umpires also seemed to indicate that it was an accidental collision and conroy seemed angry about play continuing yet he wasn't to worried when plaois were in possession firstly

Ballyroan Abbey

They can have an inquiry if they want but there is nothing there to prosecute anyone with, i hope its picked up on camera because to suggest it was anything other than accidental is just lies

El Jefe

Nobody is questioning Bruno's character nor does anyone want to see him or anyone else lying injured on the field. Yes the game should've been stopped but the extent of the injury obviously wasn't known by the referee nor anyone else for that matter. You're nearly implying that Eddie left him lying there out of spite or something which is crazy

High Fielder

Don't even try to put words in my mouth. When a player is lying flat on the ground, the game should be stopped. Let that be Eddie Kinsella or Donald Duck. You stop the game.

El Jefe

Nobody is debating that at all, it should've been stopped