Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look-Up!

Massive game this weekend in north London. Regardless of what points City do or don't drop, Arsenal have to keep the pressure on. A slip of any sort from now on by them and the race is well and truly over.

seafoid

Tottenham have to play all 3.They were 5th last time I looked.
Villa are 2 ahead of them with 2 more played. This is what sporting jeopardy means.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 25, 2024, 09:08:14 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on April 25, 2024, 08:37:29 PMMan City 3 up. Brighton in holiday mode. A good chance to boost their goal difference. Have been very poor the last few months. Don't think DeZerbi will be getting one of the top jobs.

2nd goal that came from a free kick I don't think was a foul on Foden. Very poor by Brighton trying to play out from the back on the 3rd goal.

Never a foul and Brighton denied what looked like a penalty.

Probably wouldn't have changed the final outcome but would have made it interesting for a while rather than a stroll in the park that it was.

Blowitupref

With Leeds loss leicester city promotion back to the Premier League confirmed.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Blowitupref on Today at 12:58:30 AMWith Leeds loss leicester city promotion back to the Premier League confirmed.
They must have really shit the bed to get a hammering by a team that far down the table

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on Today at 08:13:03 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on Today at 12:58:30 AMWith Leeds loss leicester city promotion back to the Premier League confirmed.
They must have really shit the bed to get a hammering by a team that far down the table

Leeds doing Leeds.. they are like Spurs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jcpen

Liverpool players already on the beach it seems.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: jcpen on Today at 01:17:49 PMLiverpool players already on the beach it seems.
The derby loss has broken them

jcpen

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on Today at 04:02:01 PM
Quote from: jcpen on Today at 01:17:49 PMLiverpool players already on the beach it seems.
The derby loss has broken them

I would say it was the Crystal Palace defeat at Anfield was what's broken them but whatever you think 👍
This is one of my 3 usernames.

quit yo jibbajabba

High point of delmontes season let him have his glory 🤣🤣

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on Today at 04:23:39 PMHigh point of delmontes season let him have his glory 🤣🤣

The draw with Utd is what done it said Klopp
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Look-Up!

There's small margins in football. Liverpool have had a very good season but in truth the overall form was never there to last a City team in a run in. They are not clinical enough up front and City don't drop points end of season. This magnifies the gulf but if Liverpool could sort themselves out upfront they are nearly there.

Hopefully Arsenal can pick up all points this weekend and next two, to really keep the pressure on City and bring the race to the final day. They are the better natural fit to dethrone the champions. Much more solid defensively and more clinical upfront than any other challenger. But one slip up and the chance is gone. City might mess up once between now and the end, but not twice.