The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Great to see the club making some classy signings. They will be needed to stay ahead of Chelsea and City.

gawa316

Chris Williams
@Chris78Williams
Schalke sources confirm  Liverpool have contacted them about Ozan Kabak. Official line - squad is settled & not for disruption now season is underway. Privately told an offer around €25m could force a rethink.

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on September 19, 2020, 01:14:50 AM

Chris Williams
@Chris78Williams
Schalke sources confirm  Liverpool have contacted them about Ozan Kabak. Official line - squad is settled & not for disruption now season is underway. Privately told an offer around €25m could force a rethink.
They lost 8-0 last night!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

Everyone has a bad game.

Sure didn't Alisson get signed for a world record fee 3 months after LFC put 7 past him.

quit yo jibbajabba

Edwards is like those boys ye used to see in the paper, get a £300 fine, dont have the money, so pay back £1 a month on it..

*heads straight to pub, blows a fortune*

Bronco

Have to disagree with this bizarre assessment. Potentially 45 million on a player who as it stands isn't a starter. Would be understandable if he was some 18 year old wonderkid with huge potential,but he's almost 24 and unlikely to improve dramatically.

Bottom line is he is moving from Wolves' bench to Liverpool's at a cost of 40 odd million which isn't good business on any level.

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 18, 2020, 11:14:17 PM
James Pearce : Key to getting the deal done was Wolves' willingness to be flexible on payment terms. They have accepted less than 10% of the guaranteed figure in the next 12 months. Most of that offset by initial payment from Wolves for Hoever. #LFC

Less than 4.1m for Jota up front and 5m up front for Thiago. Unreal piece of business.

rodney trotter

He'll play a fair few games. The later start to the season meaning season is condensed, so will be lot of mid week games with the Cup competitions.

They will probaly recoup some of the fee from the sale of Brewster. Origi and Harry Wilson likely be to moved on too.

brokencrossbar1

Bronco you're entitled to your opinion. I'm on the other hand am happy to allow the men who do this as their full time job to assess and buy the players and then I hope they turn out as planned. Jota has basically the same stats as Mane bad when Mane was bought from Southampton. He is a utility wide forward. The likelihood is that there will be enough business done in sales to cover the majority of the purchases so I reckon Michael Edwards knows a bit more than you or I about this sort of thing

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 19, 2020, 10:13:41 AM
Bronco you're entitled to your opinion. I'm on the other hand am happy to allow the men who do this as their full time job to assess and buy the players and then I hope they turn out as planned. Jota has basically the same stats as Mane bad when Mane was bought from Southampton. He is a utility wide forward. The likelihood is that there will be enough business done in sales to cover the majority of the purchases so I reckon Michael Edwards knows a bit more than you or I about this sort of thing
I remember people on here thinking we had paid too much for Mane!
Jota is a decent signing, obviously not in the same league as the Thiago signing,but in a couple of years we could be talking about how much a bargain Jota was as being at Liverpool will undoubtedly improve him also.
Edwards is some man btw.

J70

Jota is an excellent player, and I guess the drawn-out payment is a factor, but was a lack of funds not the reason for passing on Werner?

quit yo jibbajabba

Thought that myself j70 i think a huge factor is that werner/lewis/sarr was big money upfront, thiago and jota in instalments. Think its working out at ten mill this year for the two of them which is fantastic business

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: J70 on September 19, 2020, 01:25:08 PM
Jota is an excellent player, and I guess the drawn-out payment is a factor, but was a lack of funds not the reason for passing on Werner?

Up front payment and wage expectations for a support player

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Bronco on September 19, 2020, 08:58:42 AM
Have to disagree with this bizarre assessment. Potentially 45 million on a player who as it stands isn't a starter. Would be understandable if he was some 18 year old wonderkid with huge potential,but he's almost 24 and unlikely to improve dramatically.

Bottom line is he is moving from Wolves' bench to Liverpool's at a cost of 40 odd million which isn't good business on any level.

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 18, 2020, 11:14:17 PM
James Pearce : Key to getting the deal done was Wolves' willingness to be flexible on payment terms. They have accepted less than 10% of the guaranteed figure in the next 12 months. Most of that offset by initial payment from Wolves for Hoever. #LFC

Less than 4.1m for Jota up front and 5m up front for Thiago. Unreal piece of business.
Bottom line is it is a great bit of business.

laoislad

gawa316

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson, Henderson, Keita, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firmino, Mane

Subs: Adrian, Thiago, Milner, Jones, Minamino, Tsimikas, Origi

Matip and Gomez both out