Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

I thought we were moving away from the personal abuse. Disgraceful.

Ps you can't justify your previous comments by tagging a disclaimer sentence at the end.

rosskarr

Quote from: supersub on December 17, 2015, 04:49:38 PM
I thought we were moving away from the personal abuse. Disgraceful.

Ps you can't justify your previous comments by tagging a disclaimer sentence at the end.
Supersub, who are you speaking to here?

supersub

thebar

Was the County Secretary Report / Comments with regards players attitude and commitment justified? Should we not be backing our players to the hilt at least in public and whatever problems need resolved or questions asked be done in private... .distasteful way to question players attitude doing there best irrespective of results.

Mike Tyson

Quote from: thebar on December 17, 2015, 09:05:10 PM
Was the County Secretary Report / Comments with regards players attitude and commitment justified? Should we not be backing our players to the hilt at least in public and whatever problems need resolved or questions asked be done in private... .distasteful way to question players attitude doing there best irrespective of results.

Completely agree. Doing himself no favours.

Line Ball

Quote from: Mike Tyson on December 17, 2015, 09:17:51 PM
Quote from: thebar on December 17, 2015, 09:05:10 PM

Completely agree. Doing himself no favours.

And this individual has been apparently been given 7 more years as secretary.  Is this renewed by Croke Park or does he have to apply for it.  Good job it's not performance related.

His report covers many areas but there is one really worrying area for me.  It will take until June 2032 repaying at the present rate the Debit to Croke Park when it will have been paid in full, tell me this but what have we got to show for it?  It's not like we have a Centre of Excellence like many counties in Ireland so how have we run up this debt?  And we keep putting these people back in charge.

NP 76

This loan was to pay of the remainder of the debt of Burrenbridge.

5 Sams

Load of keyboard warriors on here who haven't a clue what they are talking about.
The Aristocrat Years

TheClutch

Quote from: NP 76 on December 17, 2015, 11:12:01 PM
This loan was to pay of the remainder of the debt of Burrenbridge.

What is this in relation to?
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

downup

Supersub wind your neck in, I personally abused no one or can you not read!!! I made two distinct points, one regarding blood testing players and the other regarding a seven year appointment of our county secretary in which I questioned a performance review or the lack of. Before you jump on the bandwagon of tagging every comment people make as personal abuse take a bit of time and read what is in front of you.

thebar

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 17, 2015, 11:21:59 PM
Load of keyboard warriors on here who haven't a clue what they are talking about.

No keyboard warrior I was commenting on what was published...when one of your own questions your attitude in print for the everyone to see you have to ask the question why? Is this not the role of the manager and his team to be done behind closed doors if needed? Should the County Secretary be getting involved in team affairs like this in a public way? Why appoint a manager to look after the team at all? Apologizes if I 'haven't a clue' but questioning players in this way is wrong - shows a lack of class.

Lecale Gael

If a club secretary publicly questioned its senior players committment in their AGM report they would not have a senior team for the incoming year.

i personally thought the report was emotionally driven and personally opinionated and a platform to blame everyone else but themselves.

a rule of thumb - if its not positive keep it to yourself

better to pen a few paragraphs of positivity than pages of drivel . everyone that follows Down GAA dont need a report on what went wrong - better to say how can we get it right
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

TheClutch

Quote from: Lecale Gael on December 18, 2015, 02:05:09 PM
If a club secretary publicly questioned its senior players committment in their AGM report they would not have a senior team for the incoming year.

i personally thought the report was emotionally driven and personally opinionated and a platform to blame everyone else but themselves.

a rule of thumb - if its not positive keep it to yourself

better to pen a few paragraphs of positivity than pages of drivel . everyone that follows Down GAA dont need a report on what went wrong - better to say how can we get it right

+100000
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

SamFever

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 17, 2015, 11:21:59 PM
The fuss had all died down about McCorry and the long approach to getting us a Senior Manager and then our Secretary drags it all out into the print media.Very thoughtful and measured lunacy.Actually quite vindictive on the edge of Christmas.

supersub

Quote from: downup on December 18, 2015, 10:08:29 AM
Supersub wind your neck in, I personally abused no one or can you not read!!! I made two distinct points, one regarding blood testing players and the other regarding a seven year appointment of our county secretary in which I questioned a performance review or the lack of. Before you jump on the bandwagon of tagging every comment people make as personal abuse take a bit of time and read what is in front of you.

No need to get excited.

I will say this, if someone was publicly inadvertently questioning your job and livelyhood would you like it?