Ballyholland v Loughinisland
Saul v RGU
Mayobridge v Bryansford
Carryduff v Kilcoo
Warrenpoint v Burren
Pesky neighbours

befair

Quote from: urbangael on June 27, 2023, 04:58:26 PM
Ref was threatened at HT apparently and walked off. Can't blame him.
This is a disgrace; we urgently need a total culture change, treat our refs the way rugby refs are treated

MATTSARACEN

Quote from: Leftmidfield on June 27, 2023, 09:16:28 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on June 27, 2023, 07:45:32 PM
Some very tasty draws in the Senior Championship
CPN v Burren I can see only 1 winner here
Is that not how it usually works?
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

Truth hurts

Quote from: Mourne Red on June 27, 2023, 09:28:30 PM
Quote from: SamFever on June 27, 2023, 09:20:38 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on June 27, 2023, 07:45:32 PM
Some very tasty draws in the Senior Championship
Can you post the SFC?

Longstone v Castlewellan
Glenn v Saval
Bredagh v Clonduff
Ballyholland v Loughinisland
Saul v RGU
Mayobridge v Bryansford
Carryduff v Kilcoo
Warrenpoint v Burren

Great games to look forward too

No1

The group nature of the JFC is an absolute farce.  Whoever came up with the format needs a boot in the hole.  Straight knockout would have been fine.  Could be playing until October.

Mourne Red

Quote from: No1 on June 28, 2023, 09:33:09 AM
The group nature of the JFC is an absolute farce.  Whoever came up with the format needs a boot in the hole.  Straight knockout would have been fine.  Could be playing until October.

What way is that set up? I tried to make sense of of it last night. 3 groups I'm assuming round Robin, so is it 3 winners and best 2nd team into semi finals or how is the structure?

ardtole

How many get out off the groups in the jfc? I presumed 2 from the group of 4, and the winner of the 2 groups of 3 qualified for the semis.

No1

Top two teams in groups into quarter final. 3rd place in group 1 into quarter final.  3rd place teams in group 2 and 3 have a play off game to see who gets into quarter final.  Quarter finals pencilled in for September 16th.  We have a small panel and most of our boys play hurling and soccer.  In my opinion it's too much.  Teams in Div 4 will be sick of the sight of each other.

terrifictommy

Genuinely surprised by the limited responses on this one. There will be no Championships running at all if they go on strike similar to the refs in Wexford. We've all complained about decisions here and there but having the ref threatened enough that they leave at half time, that's mental.

Truth hurts

Quote from: terrifictommy on June 28, 2023, 11:10:30 AM

Genuinely surprised by the limited responses on this one. There will be no Championships running at all if they go on strike similar to the refs in Wexford. We've all complained about decisions here and there but having the ref threatened enough that they leave at half time, that's mental.

If a ref is threatened, clubs should be forced to play all of their senior games away next season. That would be an effective deterrence.

statto

What was the actual threat that was made?

ardtole

Quote from: No1 on June 28, 2023, 10:37:14 AM
Top two teams in groups into quarter final. 3rd place in group 1 into quarter final.  3rd place teams in group 2 and 3 have a play off game to see who gets into quarter final.  Quarter finals pencilled in for September 16th.  We have a small panel and most of our boys play hurling and soccer.  In my opinion it's too much.  Teams in Div 4 will be sick of the sight of each other.

That is  a ridiculous set up. Games just for the sake off it. It will dilute all sense of championship atmosphere.

There is actually a round Robin of 3 teams and no one is eliminated. Bizarre

Truth hurts

Quote from: ardtole on June 28, 2023, 11:56:05 AM

That is  a ridiculous set up. Games just for the sake off it. It will dilute all sense of championship atmosphere.

The county board is unconcerned if it is not the senior or intermediate championship.

There is no money to be made below intermediate, so let's slap something together and hope for the best.

I respect the CCCC but sometimes its frustrating.

manwithnoplan

Quote from: ardtole on June 28, 2023, 11:56:05 AM

Looks like the round robin games are pencilled in for 3 consecutive weekends, with quarter finals the weekend after those finish. So between those weekends, that playoff game needs to be played midweek. Which means junior teams with often small panels, will play an extra game a few days after playing their third championship game, a few days before a quarter final. Farcical. The group of 4 teams looks to be the weakest group, but that third place team will go straight to the quarters, while other teams must play off.