Hurling 2024

Started by seafoid, January 01, 2023, 08:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 18, 2023, 05:20:00 PM
Realistically there is less than six. Football and hurling not much different for potential winners.

I'm humouring him!  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clonadmad

Quote from: seafoid on June 18, 2023, 12:08:11 PM
Quote from: didlyi on June 17, 2023, 11:16:40 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 17, 2023, 05:16:13 PM
McDonagh Cup should be the McDonagh Cup and that's it. Finish it later, don't condense it and don't be putting them in to play in the McCarthy Cup. Don't be taking the good out of the Competition.

Hard to please everyone isnt it. Not long since I heard that all teams in the country should be entitled to a chance to win Liam Mac in a given year. Id wager that no sooner would this option be removed there would be cries to bring it back the following year.
What do we want hurling to be? Realistically this year there are only 6 serious teams

sorry Dublin, Waterford, Wexford, Antrim and Westmeath
https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1670197080495882240

You didnt include Cork in the 6 or those you apologized to

beaten by a point by Limerick and if the result had been reversed they would have been one of the 3 coming out of Munster

Dublin drew with Galway

Waterford should have beaten Limerick in round 1 and gave Tipp a lesson

Wexford bet Kilkenny

Westmeath bet Wexford

Antrim drew with Dublin

the challenge for the bottom 4 of the 11 in the Championship is to putting in consistently strong performance's across the Championship

Saffrongael

Venues for the two QFs announced today I assume ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

johnnycool

Double header in Nowlan Park or Limerick Gaelic Grounds, Cork have a home football game on so that ruled out.

clonadmad

Quote from: johnnycool on June 19, 2023, 12:35:40 PM
Double header in Nowlan Park or Limerick Gaelic Grounds, Cork have a home football game on so that ruled out.

Nowlan not a runner

Capacity 27,500

Saffrongael

Is Croke not an option ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

clonadmad

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 19, 2023, 12:57:37 PM
Is Croke not an option ?

The logical choice would

Tipp v Galway in Limerick

Clare v Dublin in Portlaoise

There's nothing to gained by having a double header in a half or even third full Croke Park and dragging 2 counties from the west across the country to Dublin

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clonadmad on June 19, 2023, 01:41:34 PM
Is Croke not an option ?

The logical choice would

There's nothing to gained by having a double header in a half or even third full Croke Park and dragging 2 counties from the west across the country to Dublin

Galway and Dublin will struggle to win these games. Could be tight at times but feel Tipp and Clare will pull away with 10 minutes to go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2023, 02:36:46 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on June 19, 2023, 01:41:34 PM
Is Croke not an option ?

The logical choice would

Galway and Dublin will struggle to win these games. Could be tight at times but feel Tipp and Clare will pull away with 10 minutes to go
How did Tipp play in last year's All Ireland semi final ?

NAG1

Galway's last showing wouldn't fill anyone with confidence at all. I would expect Tipp to win comfortably unless Shefflin can get a huge reaction out of them. Can't see it to be honest.

Clare will have too many for Dublin as well, if they can get through relatively easy it should help tee them up for a semi final.

seafoid

Quote from: NAG1 on June 19, 2023, 03:12:56 PM
Galway's last showing wouldn't fill anyone with confidence at all. I would expect Tipp to win comfortably unless Shefflin can get a huge reaction out of them. Can't see it to be honest.

Clare will have too many for Dublin as well, if they can get through relatively easy it should help tee them up for a semi final.
Tipp won one match in Munster. That's one more than last year.
The brand is worth more than the hurling

imtommygunn

Galway are a massive disappointment SF. I like Galway but they should be doing so much better than what they are and tbh far too often that seems to have been the case over the years.

That said Tipp games always seem to put fire in their belly so if they have anything in them this is the game for them...

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on June 19, 2023, 03:15:49 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 19, 2023, 03:12:56 PM

Tipp won one match in Munster. That's one more than last year.
The brand is worth more than the hurling

Drawing with the much vaunted Cork, beating the even more vaunted Clare may stand to Tipp, and it will be interesting to see how Galway respond due to the nature of their Leinster final defeat.

Conor Cooney sums Galway up in a nutshell, can do the unexpected, pull off a glorious score but 5 minutes later put an easy chance wide, no consistency.

I think both games will be tight on Sunday.

Saffrongael

Gaelic Grounds double header confirmed

Clare v Dublin 4pm

Galway v Tipp 6:15pm

Both live on RTE

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 19, 2023, 03:19:12 PM
Galway are a massive disappointment SF. I like Galway but they should be doing so much better than what they are and tbh far too often that seems to have been the case over the years.

That said Tipp games always seem to put fire in their belly so if they have anything in them this is the game for them...
Limerick have won 4 out of the last 5 all Irelands. By definition the rest of the teams have underperformed.
I think it's amazing that Huw Lawlor hasn't won an all Ireland , for example.

Since 2012 Galway have been different as well. They became much more competitive and started featuring in semi finals and finals.  I think people mix up different decades.