Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

ONeill

How important is this crap? - These mens Asics trainers are ideal for the mild overpronator, assisting with technique and performance through the Duomax support system, placed sport specifically at the midsole to enhance support and stability.

Do any of you get your feet assessed?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

paco

Quote from: ONeill on March 29, 2011, 11:44:35 PM
How important is this crap? - These mens Asics trainers are ideal for the mild overpronator, assisting with technique and performance through the Duomax support system, placed sport specifically at the midsole to enhance support and stability.

I'd like to know this too, how important is it? I bought a pair of Asics recently and I must confess I bought the because there was £45 off them in Sports Direct, they feel different from previous trainers and I'm starting to wonder if there are any side affects to getting the wrong type of trainers?

Minder

ONeill - I posted this link last year on this thread.

http://www.tribune.ie/sport/other-sport/article/2010/sep/12/back-stage-peter-gunning-foot-and-mouth/
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hardy

I was hobbling on my left ankle after every tennis session for a couple of days at a time. I wandered into Foot Solutions in Cork and they did a free assessment. They said my left foot was tilting outward at the ankle and quoted me €289 or something for a set of inserts for my shoes. I said "Christ!".

I have heel pads in the tennis shoes for cushioning - they're bevelled yokes under your heel about 7 cm long that go from 8 mm thick at the back down to nothing). I took the one in the left shoe and turned it 90 degrees so that the high part was now at the left of my heel instead of the back. No more ankle problems.

imtommygunn

For low miles it wouldn't be too important depending on how bad your pronation is. Once you get any kind of mileage though this stuff really kicks in. When I started running bigger miles I kept getting knee problems which were due to ITBS. This is a common runners problem caused by over pronation. I got inserts which sorted it.

If you run a bit and get no injury problems I wouldn't worry about it.

paco

Interesting. I think I might go and get the feet looked at, no real pain at the minute but I can feel that something isn't right. Does that Runner's World shop across from the Europa do it? What are the prices like?

brokencrossbar1

Hi lads I am running the marathon in Belfast in a few weeks and am really looking forward to it :P  The knees and ankles are well battered at this stage and hopefully I may be able to lose the stone that I need to over the next few weeks.  If anyone else is doing it I would appreciate a running victim to help pull me along.  I know I can rely on Orior to cheer me on again this year.  I am raising money for the Red Cross so feel free anyone else to send a few sheckles to my justgiving account which is on the link in my signature.  I will be spamming all my e mail/facebook friends as well ;D

Orior

No bother son. Though this time I cant wait around after the sun has set.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

mannix

Best of luck to broken crossbar,is this your first?

imtommygunn

BC there are pacers doing it for a load of different times.

A lot of these guys are a real good help and will give you a lot of good help getting round. They'll be the ones with balloons on them. They are a good job and I'd recommend latching on to a group.

3:00,3:15,3:45,4:00 and 4:30 are the ones with pacers I think.

I think you sign up at the "expo". Details at this link:http://www.belfastcitymarathon.com/opencontent/default.asp?itemid=97&section=GET+TRAINING

brokencrossbar1

Thanks to orior my first sponsor! I'll look into that tommy, I did it last year with no real training. This year I have done a bit more and hope to take a few minutes. Also I know now what pace to do it at. Last year I went off far too hard and was really badly bursted by 16 miles. I will be a bit more conservative early on.

ONeill

I'm doing a leg of it. I catch a glimpse of you BC you're going to get some kick up the hole.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

brokencrossbar1