Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Anyone doing the 10 Mile in the Phoenix park tomorrow?. 6,800 entered!

Rois

Wish I'd entered that - doing the half marathon there in 4 weeks' time.

Only at 9miles so far - hope to tag on another one tomorrow on a long run. 

ildanach

Quote from: ballinaman on August 19, 2011, 01:52:17 PM

i'm doing it. its pissing in dublin right now,so hopefully it will be better tomorrow
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Rois

Please post up how you get on.  And good luck.

ballinaman

Quote from: ildanach on August 19, 2011, 02:23:48 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 19, 2011, 01:52:17 PM

i'm doing it. its pissing in dublin right now,so hopefully it will be better tomorrow
Don't mind the rain as long as the wind stays away. Bit of a climb after 3 miles till 4 and a sharp rise inside the last mile. Cracking course otherwise. Hoping to get in or around the hour for it!

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Rois on August 19, 2011, 02:15:59 PM

Rois

Why dont you go up anyway, I know one lad who does that every year. You can time yourself. I did it about 5 years ago, 52 minutes odd, had to laugh at the picture of myself at the end,looked like I had ran from Galway to Dublin the state I was in.

Good luck Ballinaman and thanks for advice,wrist is in good shape, playing golf in the morning.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Bingo

Few of the local lads are doing the run, then they for the Berlin Marathon at end of september.

Gaelforce in westport is this weekend as well, 2,600 doing it. More of a mutlidiscipline race with running, hiking, cycling and kayaking but have promised myself to do it next year.

ballinaman

Quote from: gerrykeegan on August 19, 2011, 02:48:41 PM
Quote from: Rois on August 19, 2011, 02:15:59 PM

Rois

Why dont you go up anyway, I know one lad who does that every year. You can time yourself. I did it about 5 years ago, 52 minutes odd, had to laugh at the picture of myself at the end,looked like I had ran from Galway to Dublin the state I was in.

Good luck Ballinaman and thanks for advice,wrist is in good shape, playing golf in the morning.
Goof stuff gerry, glad to hear its coming along, best of luck. 52 mins for 10 miles, jaysus...thats fairly handy..should pack in that golf and stick to the running!

gerrykeegan

Only saw that now, its 10k I did, felt like 10 miles!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

imtommygunn

I entered but unfortunately can not do it now with an injury I picked up :-(

If you did 52 minutes for 10 mile you'd maybe win it!

Be interesting to see who wins it tomorrow. Boy going down from the north who fancies his chances but there's a few boys running down south who may put manners in him!

I know a few boys doing Gaelfoce - I expect they'll get their fill of it doing that event!

ballinaman

61 mins 54 seconds....comfortable enough, crackin day for a race!

ildanach

that was a great time. I did it in 88 13. That hill on the last mile was a f**ker in the heat. First time doing a 10mile race, so delighted to finish it below 90mins
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ballinaman

Quote from: ildanach on August 20, 2011, 09:31:32 PM
that was a great time. I did it in 88 13. That hill on the last mile was a f**ker in the heat. First time doing a 10mile race, so delighted to finish it below 90mins
fair play, great to break the 90 mins!

imtommygunn

Ballinaman I take it you do a right bit of running? That's a serious time. I'd love to break the 60 some time - have got 29 in a 5 mile but getting sub 6 for 10 miles tough.

ballinaman

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 21, 2011, 10:11:56 PM
Ballinaman I take it you do a right bit of running? That's a serious time. I'd love to break the 60 some time - have got 29 in a 5 mile but getting sub 6 for 10 miles tough.
29 is failry handy for 5!Do a bit alright... :P 60 will be tough but hope to have a crack at it in the half marathon in september. Going for marathon so serious training starts now!