Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthe40

Donaghmore - Omagh sounded like a clinker with both teams going for the league semis.. Omagh play Trillick now
Fancy Pomeroy to stay up
Also think the Div3 team will beat the Div2 team in the playoff

Derrytresk no points....tough place for them trying to lift things for next year...has that ever happened before?

BIGONE

Clonoe gave points to galbally
Carrickmore gave points to aghyaran
What goes around, comes around.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: LeoMc on October 29, 2018, 09:22:18 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 29, 2018, 08:31:48 AM
Have to agree that was an absolute disgrace what killyclogher did yesterday. Totally unfair on multiple clubs fighting for points. Not only did they give points they also could have effected scoring difference if things had worked out differently.

It's not like there was a big gap after the final either. No one expected them to train this week but they could easily have fulfilled the fixture. Augher managed a win after losing a county final last week. I hope some day soon killyclogher are in trouble and someone throws points to another team.

The county board are going to have to reduce the games with the county players to get the league wrapped up pre championship. There is too many farcical results at this stage of the year.  Some on here say it doesn't matter as you should have done enough all year but that's totally wrong. There is 2 points separating about 7 teams at the bottom. A few teams have been thrown one or two games getting them out of trouble. Other teams haven't had the luxury down to luck of the fixtures and have suffered.
Did they not field? The website has them down as losing 3:21 to0:05 away. Is it any worse than Coalislands performance at home to Clonoe?
How do you make players who want to go on the drink on a Saturday night travel to a meaningless (to them) away fixture at the end of season? They are not paid or contracted.

The bottom three, are the bottom three it's been all year in division one switching spots from time to time.

Don't see how any of them can have any complaints?

Delegater

Club Chairman: "We are on the lookout for a manager, you come highly recommended. You guided your county to successive relegations, have took some of the biggest clubs throughout Ulster winning diddly squat, you are looking over £25k, what can you bring to our club that will help not only this team but the club as whole?"

Well travelled manager "Well I will get the team playing like thugs, we will start rows at every opportunity. If that doesn't work I have enough contacts to get onto other teams to get points threw to us. I will get a solicitor involved with the team, anyone criticises me or the club will get a letter. The CB will get a letter telling them their rules for relegation are challengeable."

Club Chairman: "Hired!"

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Delegater on October 29, 2018, 10:50:03 AM
Club Chairman: "We are on the lookout for a manager, you come highly recommended. You guided your county to successive relegations, have took some of the biggest clubs throughout Ulster winning diddly squat, you are looking over £25k, what can you bring to our club that will help not only this team but the club as whole?"

Well travelled manager "Well I will get the team playing like thugs, we will start rows at every opportunity. If that doesn't work I have enough contacts to get onto other teams to get points threw to us. I will get a solicitor involved with the team, anyone criticises me or the club will get a letter. The CB will get a letter telling them their rules for relegation are challengeable."

Club Chairman: "Hired!"

;D ;D ;D ;D

Young Barton - Hes a complete con man that gets paid a fortune for doing sweet FA.  Fair play to him he keeps finding fools with cash to throw at him.  Be interesting to see will the dork keep him on another year after the unbelievable success he delivered on the last day of the season.
Living the dream!!!

LeoMc

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 29, 2018, 09:40:25 AM
Coalisland clonoe meant nothing to no one. If killyclogher had any respect to the league or other teams at the bottom they would have fulfilled the fixture properly. As I said it wasn't like it was weeks after the county final and I'm sure the majority of the team could have spared a few hours to play their last game for months. If they'd give it half a go and lost I wouldn't be giving out.

I also would have had more sympathy if they'd won last week and where resting players ahead of a big push for Ulster.
So did they fulfill the fixture or not?
A week after the County final is when they are most likely to want to head out out, first chance in months

tyroneman

I see Strabane escaped by the skin of their teeth again.

What has happened to them over this last few years??

From Div 1 to barely staying in Div 2.

Always thought a town of that size would be able to pull together a decent side....

SuperHo

Aghyaran have nobody to blame but themselves. Quit yer crying.

BIGONE

League tables don't lie. Galbally are a decent Div2 side and aghyaran couldn't beat a Moy team with nothing to play for.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: SuperHo on October 29, 2018, 11:41:27 AM

If I am correct and I usually am - Ironically it was Moy that saved Edendork from being in the relegation Playoff after securing a draw with Aghyaran.

If Moy lost they would have had 11 points but a better head to head vs Edendork.  Aghyaran also have a better head to head against the Moy and Edendork.  That would have left Edendork playing Pomeroy in the relegation playoff.

Who would have thought after the Cavanagh assault Moy would have been the team to get Barton across the line.  All they needed to do was a Killyclogher and gift the points in order to save Aghyaran. 
Living the dream!!!

scout

Looking at the D2 relegation, you had Moortown, Urney, Strabane, Greencastle all in the mix and Kildress confirmed as a play-off spot.
All these teams (i think) have been in D1 as recently as 4 years ago. Quite a fall for these clubs to be fighting off junior football.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: scout on October 29, 2018, 11:57:52 AM
Looking at the D2 relegation, you had Moortown, Urney, Strabane, Greencastle all in the mix and Kildress confirmed as a play-off spot.
All these teams (i think) have been in D1 as recently as 4 years ago. Quite a fall for these clubs to be fighting off junior football.

What happened to the Moortown minor teams that were dominating the Minor leagues a few years back they cant all of fell away? 
Living the dream!!!

Gaafan2

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 29, 2018, 11:51:41 AM

If I am correct and I usually am - Ironically it was Moy that saved Edendork from being in the relegation Playoff after securing a draw with Aghyaran.

If Moy lost they would have had 11 points but a better head to head vs Edendork.  Aghyaran also have a better head to head against the Moy and Edendork.  That would have left Edendork playing Pomeroy in the relegation playoff.

Who would have thought after the Cavanagh assault Moy would have been the team to get Barton across the line.  All they needed to do was a Killyclogher and gift the points in order to save Aghyaran.

You're wrong this time, Edendork beat Aghyaran in the league, therefore all three teams would have been on 11 points and one win each against each other.

Under Lights

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 29, 2018, 12:01:08 PM
Quote from: scout on October 29, 2018, 11:57:52 AM

What happened to the Moortown minor teams that were dominating the Minor leagues a few years back they cant all of fell away?
. Big fall outs, lots of them not playing and some transferred to ardboe

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: gaafan2 on October 29, 2018, 12:04:54 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 29, 2018, 11:51:41 AM

You're wrong this time, Edendork beat Aghyaran in the league, therefore all three teams would have been on 11 points and one win each against each other.

LOL!! Stand corrected
Living the dream!!!