Irish Hockey

Started by From the Bunker, August 02, 2018, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Just watching our Girls on the TV playing India in the World Cup QF.

Anyway, my girl who play Camoige asks me ''What game is that?''

''Hockey'' I tell her!

To which she reply's ''It's looks like it's (Hockey) to Soccer what Hurling is to Gaelic football!''

give her dixie

Nice win there for the girls.....
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Jim_Murphy_74

Ger Canning knowledge on a part with his GAA knowledge.

/Jim.

SHEEDY

Never knew it was so hard to score a penalty in hockey.
nil satis nisi optimum

Orior

The girls did good. Great penalty by Meeke
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trailer

Where does the bandwagon leave from?

Tony Baloney

Milltown Row2

Been watching hockey (women's) for over 10 years, kids play for Ulster Elks and school, the standard at senior level is top class, turning your hand to hockey from a hurling background may seem easy but it's harder that you think do hats off to the Coleraine girl!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

Isn't it an all-Ireland team? Same as Cricket? Soccer seems to be a bit of an outlier in Irish sport with the partition thing.

Over the Bar

Sadly I think the Dutch will rip whoever reaches the final to bits. Good luck tho girls.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 03, 2018, 12:35:10 AM
Sadly I think the Dutch will rip whoever reaches the final to bits. Good luck tho girls.

The Dutch play professionally and in the Olympics they were favourites but the GB team beat them in a thrilling game.. but from what I've read they are flying at the minute
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2018, 08:19:45 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on August 03, 2018, 12:35:10 AM

The Dutch play professionally and in the Olympics they were favourites but the GB team beat them in a thrilling game.. but from what I've read they are flying at the minute

The Dutch are my 2nd favourite team after the Irish.