Willie Frazer and FAIR

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, March 08, 2010, 12:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Insane Bolt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45120597

Think it is childish, but the faux outrage from unionists is laughable when one sees loyalist bonfires.

Orior

Quote from: Insane Bolt on August 09, 2018, 07:17:21 AM

Think it is childish, but the faux outrage from unionists is laughable when one sees loyalist bonfires.

The same outrage could be applied to the burning of Fawkes or Lundy effigies. Plenty of the latter surname still about.

smelmoth

You cannot seriously dismiss it as childish. It's a good deal worse than that.

The two faced ness of those who are outraged at one set bonfire messages but turn a blind eye to another does need to be called out. That issue is endemic in but not exclusive to political unionism

smelmoth

Quote from: Orior on August 09, 2018, 08:10:11 AM

The same outrage could be applied to the burning of Fawkes or Lundy effigies. Plenty of the latter surname still about.

It's not quite the same outrage. The message is a bit more targeted and personal when it's a living person, living just up the road. Willie is an asshole. Call him out as such but twisting the knife is someone's grief is just nasty and classless

Walter Cronc

Why do the morons on 'our side of the fence' so to speak always let us down!

To me its more a social depravation issue on both sides, resulting in sectarianism!

bennydorano

Quote from: Orior on August 09, 2018, 08:10:11 AM

Tragedy + time = comedy, all about time.

maldini

Its moronic copy cat behavior which lowers themselves to the same level as loyalists on the 11th night. Oh they have bonfires burning tricolours on the 11th so we have to have one in August and burn the union jack. They've now started to add offensive signs on the bonfires in the past few years as the other side have done the same.
Who in the right mind wants to go to light or watch a bonfire anyway? Not my culture.

Applesisapples

Quote from: maldini on August 09, 2018, 09:30:41 AM
Its moronic copy cat behavior which lowers themselves to the same level as loyalists on the 11th night. Oh they have bonfires burning tricolours on the 11th so we have to have one in August and burn the union jack. They've now started to add offensive signs on the bonfires in the past few years as the other side have done the same.
Who in the right mind wants to go to light or watch a bonfire anyway? Not my culture.
Not only that but it gives oxygen to Willie and his obnoxious faux outrage.

blewuporstuffed

I agree its more than just childish, its pathetic.
Good to see SF strongly condemn this.
More needs to be done  to stamp this sort of stuff out.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

armaghniac

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2018, 10:17:11 AM

These clowns would probably claim to be Irish nationalists, they are an embarrassment.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on August 09, 2018, 10:32:47 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2018, 10:17:11 AM

These clowns would probably claim to be Irish nationalists, they are an embarrassment.

They are the low-brow knuckle-draggers of our society. I bet they know very little about Irish history.

Itchy

Quote from: maldini on August 09, 2018, 09:30:41 AM

Well said. Equally stupid is the line of unionists and others lining up to condemn it while saying nothing when our flag is on top of a bonfire on the 11th night.

Milltown Row2

Monkey sees monkey does... United Ireland? not a chance while these numpties continue to stoke fires.. Only needs to be one incident to their 50 that will continue to allow the DUP and others to keep division.. the thing is, the communities knew or could have stopped the headers from putting it up, but decided not too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Insane Bolt

It's the way this incident gets media attention that irks me......hate crime😳 The unionist/loyalist complaining about this are fine with burning anything nationalist and all things republican. United Ireland.....not in my lifetime.