Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 13, 2018, 11:03:10 AM

The parties who form the majority better treat everyone equally as happened in the south or they would be losing my vote pronto. Nationalist in the north that have been subjected to the tyranny of unionism have an obligation to take a higher moral ground or else we are just hypocrites. Unionists in the south at the time of Independence were treated as equals when the republic was formed and that's the way it should be.

While the South today is a pluralist country, at the time of Independence and for a good time after it was a cold house for Protestants. One has only to look at the funeral of our first president Douglas Hyde where FF obeyed the Catholic Church and stayed away, FG obeyed and stayed outside the church and only one Irish politician, Noel Browne, defyed the Catholic Church and actually attended. After attending a soccer match between Ireland and Poland as President, the GAA removed Hyde as their patron. His grave was covered in weeds up until the 1990s when Europe gave us money to do it up. And that's how we treated an Irish speaking Protestant nationalist. There's still some skeletons of burnt out houses that serve as a reminder of the ethnic cleansing of others. Again not a reflection of the Ireland of today.

tiempo

Good move by Sinn Fein bringing the RTE (quisling) geoblock issue to public attention and the ongoing BBC disparity of coverage between GAA and other sports with a smaller participation base (i.e. all sports in the gerrymandered jurisdiction).

Next hot topic is the removal of a stripe on O'Neill's gear in the gerrymandered statelet. Why are county teams and some clubs being given 3 stripe but patrons having to put up with this 2 stripe shite on leisure gear and the like? O'Neill's have license to make 3 stripe across the island of Ireland and GAA members in the north are being discriminated against by their intransigence on this issue.

#freethethree #bringbackthatstripeffs

OgraAnDun

Quote from: tiempo on July 06, 2018, 04:29:59 PM
Good move by Sinn Fein bringing the RTE (quisling) geoblock issue to public attention and the ongoing BBC disparity of coverage between GAA and other sports with a smaller participation base (i.e. all sports in the gerrymandered jurisdiction).

Next hot topic is the removal of a stripe on O'Neill's gear in the gerrymandered statelet. Why are county teams and some clubs being given 3 stripe but patrons having to put up with this 2 stripe shite on leisure gear and the like? O'Neill's have license to make 3 stripe across the island of Ireland and GAA members in the north are being discriminated against by their intransigence on this issue.

Any jersey of an Irish based club or county that I have bought from O'Neill's - online, in the O'Neill's shop in the North, or from my club - has three stripes on it.

Minder

The geoblocking isn't an RTE issue, it's your internet provider and easily remedied. Nobody in Sinn Fein seems to understand this
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lenny

Quote from: Minder on July 06, 2018, 05:50:39 PM

The geoblocking isn't an RTE issue, it's your internet provider and easily remedied. Nobody in Sinn Fein seems to understand this

How is it easily remedied. What internet service provider in the north doesn't geoblock?

armaghniac

Virgin Belfast used be fine with the geoblock as it reported its location correctly. Is this still the case?

Why does SF or even the GAA not pressure these providers?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Right so, what happened Michelle?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45089668

QuoteSinn Féin vice-president Michelle O'Neill has had surgery after breaking one of her legs at the weekend.

The Mid Ulster MLA is said to be recovering well.

She took part in the annual Pride parade in Belfast on Saturday and spoke at a festival in the city later that day.

But she did not attend a republican hunger strike commemoration event in County Down on Sunday that was led by her party.

Sinn Féin said the former health minister sustained the injury in an "accident".
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Baile an tuaigh

Royal Sinn Fein as they have come to be known. Bunch of traitors. Used to follow them when I was younger and wasn't as wise to their treachery.

Hereiam

She went for a pint in the knee breakers with Uncle Andy

armaghniac

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on August 06, 2018, 11:26:38 PM
Royal Sinn Fein as they have come to be known. Bunch of traitors. Used to follow them when I was younger and wasn't as wise to their treachery.

Are you saying they don't have a leg to stand on?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Dire Ear

Rossfan

Maybe she should have kept it all hidden under the carpet ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orior