2015 Laois Senior Hurling

Started by redsetanta, February 13, 2015, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreatGame

Quote from: crow on May 28, 2015, 05:22:50 PM
I know personally what some of those lads have given up,including the players involved in the practice match its such a pity.

A very important point to make.  The main senior player involved has given the best part of a decade of service to Laois.  He made a bad decision but nobody could have predicted the consequences, imagine how the lad is feeling now.  I'd urge posters to keep this in mind, it's time for cool heads now and hopefully the situation can be rescued.

TheGreatGame

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on May 25, 2015, 10:33:43 PM

Is Aragorn active in this forum?

I am indeed Bruce, welcome aboard!

redsetanta

Any further news on this? Has there been any contact made between Matthew Whelan and Cheddar? or is Cheddar not for turning?

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

G@@

Hard to know - Cunningham not ruling it out either according to www.42.ie also, Niall Rigney reckons the two players should get down on their knees and beg him back.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

blueandwhite1

The whole thing is tragic. I too hope there is some way to get him back, not just for 2015 but for another 3 years.

Was really surprised at what Jack Nolan said about Cheddar putting much of his own money into the setup - this is astonishing to me. There has never been a more dedicated Laois hurling man in my living memory and he should have been at a minimum financially neutral from his efforts. The county board didn't even pay for the training trip abroad earlier in the year.

I too believe that there probably was some frustration in how Laois have been playing this year, they have been inexplicably flat despite all the preparations seeming ideal. However, I think this was part of the learning curve for the management team. The Boris KK practice match probably added to the frustration and tipped him over the edge.

Thewildcat

is there any truth in that 2 or 3 laois players have threw off the panel.

portlaoisekid

Matthew whelan, jim fitzpatrick and Paddy Whelan have left the panel I hear.

I just feel so sorry the the panel and management team that have worked so hard in such a dedicated fashion to improve themselves and Laois hurling to see such bullsh#t going on before the match they worked towards all year. Typical laois .

Offaly must be rolling around laughing at the thought of the way we are carrying on.

redsetanta

Had a dream last night that it was all a ruse to lull Offaly into a false sense of security and we went out and hurled like demons and beat them with Cheddar on the line and Whelan putting in a man of the match performance.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: redsetanta on May 31, 2015, 11:25:14 AM
Had a dream last night that it was all a ruse to lull Offaly into a false sense of security and we went out and hurled like demons and beat them with Cheddar on the line and Whelan putting in a man of the match performance.

Good man. I dreamt I was with Jennifer Lawrence.......I reckon my dream has a better chance of coming true.

Thewildcat

Quote from: portlaoisekid on May 31, 2015, 10:55:44 AM
Matthew whelan, jim fitzpatrick and Paddy Whelan have left the panel I hear.

I just feel so sorry the the panel and management team that have worked so hard in such a dedicated fashion to improve themselves and Laois hurling to see such bullsh#t going on before the match they worked towards all year. Typical laois .

Offaly must be rolling around laughing at the thought of the way we are carrying on.

no one in offaly is rolling around laughing at all, we know well laois will give it everything next weekend no matter who's over them.  gone are the days when offaly would beat laois well and there will only be a score in it next week.

crow

Paddy not left panel too much gossip let's get behind the lads and move on to next Sunday up laois

Teo Lurley

No sign of a return from Cheddar?

crow

would everyone on this site please listen to Ger Cuninghams interview on facebook on Friends of Laois and then on to beating Offaly with a bit of luck

Don Draper

I will never forgive Borris Kilcotton for what they have done here. Never.

G@@

Quote from: Don Draper on June 01, 2015, 08:09:10 AM
I will never forgive Borris Kilcotton for what they have done here. Never.

I blame their manager, I highly doubt the B-K committee sat down last weekend and gave the green light to the manager to play the county panellists.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!