Club Hurling in Armagh

Started by Applesisapples, August 10, 2010, 04:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doodaa

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 21, 2010, 07:57:48 PM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on September 21, 2010, 06:47:00 PM
Sorry for launching into a thread for Armagh hurling but...

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 20, 2010, 09:58:05 PM
Quote from: Mr.T on September 20, 2010, 02:03:41 PM
yeah Fear BnS, heard that coleraine play camlough on sat 2nd oct. is their football final on on the 3rd?
Thats right Mr T. They have football next day. If I was Camlough I would have stuck to my guns and asked to play game on original date which was 3rd. These guys in Coleraine get away with murder in Derry now it appears that they are at the same craic in Ulster

how so? how and when have our hurlers got off with murder?

and how in under f**k do you expect it to be reasonable to ask our hurling team to play an Ulster junior hurling championship in Armagh on the same day as our footballers play in a Derry senior football final in Celtic Park??

If you see that as anything other than a non-runner you are a complete loon.

And no, not one single footballer is gonna pick up a stick and play a hurling cship match the day before a derry football final either.

I would have thought that was not only reasonable but pretty f**king advisable  :D. 'Where else but derry' eh?

Other wee quirks to your lunacy - our nomination before playing a game... Derry has 2 lower tier clubs, Eoghan Rua and Na Magha. There are also 2 lower tier levels in GAA, intermediate and junior. So what do you know, each club gets nominated for Ulster before they play a cship match, same as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that....

'most have ulster county medals'... sean leo mcg and niall holly have ulster u21 medals. thats it.

'the mcgoldricks are not the clubs best hurlers'... more nonsense...

'They dont have much in reserve outside the guys that play football'... bang on the money, well done sir. this is true, we can struggle to field without them.

Oh Dear Whisky Steve-its true what they say whiskey makes you aggressive! If you are a dual club why couldnt they play same day??Why should everyone suffer because you are stretched? A true hurler would rather swing ash than watch the big ball any day
Nobody mentioned your hurlers getting away with murder or cant you read -probably not you are probably pissed on whiskey :D If each club gets nominated why werent Na Magha nominated at any level, its a small province and word travels fast. Maybe I have been misinformed on county medals but the other guys  are still good and at least another 2 have played for county at senior.
Young Rafferty and Holly better than Mc Goldricks I heard.

You sir, are an idiot.
Dual clubs rely on dual players, of which we have about 11.
There are not many teams, if any (especially in Ulster) who could field a full strength hurling team and a full strength football team on 2 consecutive days. Lavey (Derry reps in Ulsterhurling ) fielded 14 hurlers in their senior football match against Ballinderry.
Asking us to play an Ulster hurling match the day before we play in our first ever senior football final is not only unfair, but downright cruel.
Whoever sanctioned this obviously has no interest in furthering hurling in Derry or indeed Ulster.
As for why Na Magha were not nominated, both Na Magha and Coleraine take it year about to enter into the Ulster junior champ. This was our year.

Hard luck to our lads after today, beat by 3 points and from reports, a flukey goal is what won it for Camlough.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: doodaa on October 02, 2010, 05:37:45 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 21, 2010, 07:57:48 PM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on September 21, 2010, 06:47:00 PM
Sorry for launching into a thread for Armagh hurling but...

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 20, 2010, 09:58:05 PM
Quote from: Mr.T on September 20, 2010, 02:03:41 PM
yeah Fear BnS, heard that coleraine play camlough on sat 2nd oct. is their football final on on the 3rd?
Thats right Mr T. They have football next day. If I was Camlough I would have stuck to my guns and asked to play game on original date which was 3rd. These guys in Coleraine get away with murder in Derry now it apwwpears that they are at the same craic in Ulster

how so? how and when have our hurlers got off with murder?

and how in under f**k do you expect it to be reasonable to ask our hurling team to play an Ulster junior hurling championship in Armagh on the same day as our footballers play in a Derry senior football final in Celtic Park??

If you see that as anything other than a non-runner you are a complete loon.

And no, not one single footballer is gonna pick up a stick and play a hurling cship match the day before a derry football final either.

I would have thought that was not only reasonable but pretty f**king advisable  :D. 'Where else but derry' eh?

Other wee quirks to your lunacy - our nomination before playing a game... Derry has 2 lower tier clubs, Eoghan Rua and Na Magha. There are also 2 lower tier levels in GAA, intermediate and junior. So what do you know, each club gets nominated for Ulster before they play a cship match, same as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that....

'most have ulster county medals'... sean leo mcg and niall holly have ulster u21 medals. thats it.

'the mcgoldricks are not the clubs best hurlers'... more nonsense...

'They dont have much in reserve outside the guys that play football'... bang on the money, well done sir. this is true, we can struggle to field without them.

Oh Dear Whisky Steve-its true what they say whiskey makes you aggressive! If you are a dual club why couldnt they play same day??Why should everyone suffer because you are stretched? A true hurler would rather swing ash than watch the big ball any day
Nobody mentioned your hurlers getting away with murder or cant you read -probably not you are probably pissed on whiskey :D If each club gets nominated why werent Na Magha nominated at any level, its a small province and word travels fast. Maybe I have been misinformed on county medals but the other guys  are still good and at least another 2 have played for county at senior.
Young Rafferty and Holly better than Mc Goldricks I heard.

You sir, are an idiot.
Dual clubs rely on dual players, of which we have about 11.
There are not many teams, if any (especially in Ulster) who could field a full strength hurling team and a full strength football team on 2 consecutive days. Lavey (Derry reps in Ulsterhurling ) fielded 14 hurlers in their senior football match against Ballinderry.
Asking us to play an Ulster hurling match the day before we play in our first ever senior football final is not only unfair, but downright cruel.
Whoever sanctioned this obviously has no interest in furthering hurling in Derry or indeed Ulster.
As for why Na Magha were not nominated, both Na Magha and Coleraine take it year about to enter into the Ulster junior champ. This was our year.

Hard luck to our lads after today, beat by 3 points and from reports, a flukey goal is what won it for Camlough.
I would argue that you are the idiot and once more a damn rude one. There has been two responses which I believe have eminated from Coleraine and they both have been abusive.This does not reflect well on you or your club, I have heard S Mc Goldrick speak and he is a gentleman so I am sure you are in the rude minority. Maybe you are not from Coleraine because I have never heard anyone there say "You Sir" Are you one of these wanabe Dungiven men who arent from there and think that to be part of the GAA you must stick sir on the end of everything? When could the Ulster Council have played the game ? Last week?No because you have said within your own couny  that you couldnt play your own hurling championship because of Div 1 football and senior football c'ship. Could have played after Sunday I hear you say. The Ulster Council couldnt take a gamle on this in case you won football and then went into Ulster Senior Football and stopped guys playing hurling. As for Na Magah  I cant comment on rotation thing, I dont know enough about that club, but what I was getting at was why didnt Derry nominate them to play intermediate.
Hard luck today, I am certain you would have won that competition with full complement but at the minute you are unfortunately a victim of your own success, but it cant be used to hold fixtures up for evryone else. I am not anti Coleraine at all, I just think that you are streteched a little and that this is making it hard for you and others

whiskeysteve

Congratulations to Camlough today. The better team on the day and they fully deserved their victory. Good clean game of hurling also. Great overhead pull by the full forward was the difference in the end.

FBNS, you have talked some amount of crap on here, its no wonder you got the response you did. Saying we 'get away with murder' in light of the circumstances our hurlers faced with this game especially. A strange comment indeed.

Well done to Camlough and Mr T!!
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 02, 2010, 09:27:03 PM
Congratulations to Camlough today. The better team on the day and they fully deserved their victory. Good clean game of hurling also. Great overhead pull by the full forward was the difference in the end.

FBNS, you have talked some amount of crap on here, its no wonder you got the response you did. Saying we 'get away with murder' in light of the circumstances our hurlers faced with this game especially. A strange comment indeed.

Well done to Camlough and Mr T!!
Is that it? You know I am right on most points and you havent got the humility to admit it. Give me a suggestion for when the Ulster Council could have changed the game to. Or are they loons,idiots crap talkers etc. You need to lay off the tipples

Applesisapples

nrico2006

Coleraine or Camlough won't win this competition, it will probably be won by Ballybofey or Cloughmills.

As for the rotation thing, why doesn't Na Magha and Coleraine play-off each year in a 'Junior' final to get to represent the county in the Ulster.  Alot of other counties do this kind of thing.  Is there no reserve championship anymore in Derry that these two play in?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Common sense is not possible for county board, provincial boards are daft also. they only want to promote their own areas.

Coleraine would have been  handy enough at that level. We were lucky last year, our runs in Ulster and the All Ireland didn't collide on the same day?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 04, 2010, 10:49:36 AM
Coleraine or Camlough won't win this competition, it will probably be won by Ballybofey or Cloughmills.

As for the rotation thing, why doesn't Na Magha and Coleraine play-off each year in a 'Junior' final to get to represent the county in the Ulster.  Alot of other counties do this kind of thing.  Is there no reserve championship anymore in Derry that these two play in?

I think a full Coleraine side could have won this but there just didn't seem to be any way that could have happened with all they are were involved at this time. Not enough days in calender etc. I think there was a play off in Derry last year and Na Magha got into Ulster that way as they won. This year they didn't playoff, as a Coleraine poster said they brought in rotation instead. A full Coleraine team or Na Magah would have given this a good rattle based on results have I have seen in Ulster leagues,c'ships and domestic leagues over last couple of years.
As it stands Innisken will be very hard challenge for Camlough, they are Monaghan Senior champions, hate to admit this but Inniskeen will probably win. Mc Cumhaills/Cloughmills very hard to call, I think Cloughmills may squeeze through to meet Inniskeen in final. Couldn't call final

Harold Disgracey

Somehow Keady beat Lavey 1-15 to 2-10 & are through to the Ulster final. Lavey totally shit the nest in the second half.

ogshead

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on October 10, 2010, 04:54:31 PM
Somehow Keady beat Lavey 1-15 to 2-10 & are through to the Ulster final. Lavey totally shit the nest in the second half.

Unreal, well done to Keady!!

Mack the finger

Fantastic result for Keady Lamb Dearg!

When's the last team there was a team from Armagh in the Ulster Senior Hurling Final?

I could be wrong, but I don't think there ever has been?

Great for hurling in the county.

Mr.T

did i hear correct that Cuchulainns got tanked today against C'more?
i left at HT and they were 1pt down and hurling well - what happened?
I pity the fool!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

CountyGK

Keady won by 2 pts, Cuchullains lost by 1 pt, Craobh Rua won (by 5 i think).

Mr.T

craobh rua beat by 4pts. 0.16-1.09
I pity the fool!