Concerned Gaels

Started by give her dixie, June 20, 2018, 02:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Ignore what? Anti-Semitism? Why?

Baile an Taigh had posts removed from another thread because of their naked antisemitism.

Seafoid up there throws up anti-Semitic tropes every other week ffs.

inthrough

Quote from: Snapchap on June 26, 2018, 03:14:12 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2018, 02:34:38 PM
Anyone who honestly thinks this isn't mainly beng used as a proxy for wee six political buffoonery needs to reasses the situation.

If you want to support the Palestinian cause the thing not to do is make them a prop in a political disagreement half way around the world. Do something that actually helps.

Anyone who thinks that those bringing Palestinian flags to matches is doing so just to annoy "themuns" has their head firmly wedged up their own a55. If people wanted to fly Palestinian flags to annoy unionists, don't you think they could pick somewhere better than a GAA ground, where the number of unionists available to offend would be fairly negligible? Have you considered why the proliferation of the flags at matches tends to be larger in the wake of instances of increased Israeli brutality?

How do you know those bringing Palestine flags to matches aren't also "doing something that actually helps" (leaving aside the fact that merely flying the flag is helpful to raise awareness)? I have  had a Palestine flag to matches before and have made numerous donations to Medical Aid for Palestine and been involved in several Gaza aid programmes. Do you think I do that in order to stick two fingers up to my Protestant neighbours? John brings his flag to games too and he has personally delivered a lorry load of aid to Gaza. Was he just doing that to stick two fingers up at Protestant neighbours? Away and cop yourself on, you absolute halfwit.
I doubt whether "themmuns" are watching GAA matches that much so no it isn't the reason it is done. It is done in an effort to politicise the GAA nothing more, nothing less.
Anyone who wants to fly the Palestinian flag by all means fly it outside your house, wave it about when you go shopping or are taking the missus for a bite to eat.
Just leave it outside of Clones or any other GAA ground for that matter.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Syferus on June 20, 2018, 02:28:22 AM
HQ need to stand their ground on this one. A very small but very loud minority support this politicising of the games. It remains incredibly distasteful to me that these people use the Palestinian cause as a prop to further their own selfish ends.

If anyone wants to pretend that all but a few of these people have any real interest in their plights and it isn't yet another attempt to try to wind up unionists in the north, cop on. Creating divisions rather than trying to bridge them, even in sport.

So Give Her Dixie and hundreds of others drove 3,000 miles with aid to Gaza just to annoy Unionists?  ;D

Syferus

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 27, 2018, 08:30:32 PM
HQ need to stand their ground on this one. A very small but very loud minority support this politicising of the games. It remains incredibly distasteful to me that these people use the Palestinian cause as a prop to further their own selfish ends.

If anyone wants to pretend that all but a few of these people have any real interest in their plights and it isn't yet another attempt to try to wind up unionists in the north, cop on. Creating divisions rather than trying to bridge them, even in sport.

So Give Her Dixie and hundreds of others drove 3,000 miles with aid to Gaza just to annoy Unionists?  ;D

Christ. What's the point of even arguing with someone who will so wilfully try to manipulate facts?

How many people does it take to drive a lorry these days? How many were even Irish, let alone GAA supporters? This isn't the north, you can't just invent facts and expect them to stick.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Syferus on June 27, 2018, 08:38:54 PM

Christ. What's the point of even arguing with someone who will so wilfully try to manipulate facts?

How many people does it take to drive a lorry these days? How many were even Irish, let alone GAA supporters? This isn't the north, you can't just invent facts and expect them to stick.

L O L, this coming from the ultimate truth-bender. It's a fact that Palestine's plight is world-wide known. I suppose the Argentina County Board should have banned Messi from the WC for getting in the way of the Israel friendly....

PadraicHenryPearse

I am a Roscommon man. I am a member of the IPSC. I support BDS. i have attended marches,stood with IPSC members collecting signatures, bought Palestinian products etc. I dont know any unionists. I have no issue with flags appearing at matches.

everything I have done I am aware makes little or no difference to Palestinians or their suffering but it may have raised awareness and hopefully helped the likes of give her Dixie and all the others who do much more than I've done.

give her dixie

you must be some craic on a night out......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Syferus

Quote from: give her dixie on June 27, 2018, 09:44:32 PM

Facts are facts. I commend you on your personal dedication to humanitarianism but if you can't see that others are using the cause as a prop in a way that isn't befitting the gravity of the situation I fear you can't see the forest for the trees.

thebar

What has the north got to do with inventing facts? Highly comical comment alright.

give her dixie

Quote from: Syferus on June 27, 2018, 09:47:49 PM

Facts are facts. I commend you on your personal dedication to humanitarianism but if you can't see that others are using the cause as a prop in a way that isn't befitting the gravity of the situation I fear you can't see the forest for the trees.

Can you give me any examples of what you are seeing that i'm not?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Over the Bar

I fear you've as huge c**k growing out of you're forehead!

Snapchap

Quote from: inthrough on June 27, 2018, 04:56:30 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 26, 2018, 03:14:12 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2018, 02:34:38 PM
Anyone who honestly thinks this isn't mainly beng used as a proxy for wee six political buffoonery needs to reasses the situation.

If you want to support the Palestinian cause the thing not to do is make them a prop in a political disagreement half way around the world. Do something that actually helps.

Anyone who thinks that those bringing Palestinian flags to matches is doing so just to annoy "themuns" has their head firmly wedged up their own a55. If people wanted to fly Palestinian flags to annoy unionists, don't you think they could pick somewhere better than a GAA ground, where the number of unionists available to offend would be fairly negligible? Have you considered why the proliferation of the flags at matches tends to be larger in the wake of instances of increased Israeli brutality?

How do you know those bringing Palestine flags to matches aren't also "doing something that actually helps" (leaving aside the fact that merely flying the flag is helpful to raise awareness)? I have  had a Palestine flag to matches before and have made numerous donations to Medical Aid for Palestine and been involved in several Gaza aid programmes. Do you think I do that in order to stick two fingers up to my Protestant neighbours? John brings his flag to games too and he has personally delivered a lorry load of aid to Gaza. Was he just doing that to stick two fingers up at Protestant neighbours? Away and cop yourself on, you absolute halfwit.
I doubt whether "themmuns" are watching GAA matches that much so no it isn't the reason it is done. It is done in an effort to politicise the GAA nothing more, nothing less.
Anyone who wants to fly the Palestinian flag by all means fly it outside your house, wave it about when you go shopping or are taking the missus for a bite to eat.
Just leave it outside of Clones or any other GAA ground for that matter.
Again, you confuse humatarianism with politicism. As I've said before, some of the most effective protests against South African apartheid were done through the medium of sport. Was that wrong too? Or does the fact that it contributed to raising awareness and contributed to the ending of apartheid mean it was a worthwhile thing to have done? Expressing humanitarian concern is not political and it should be a welcome gesture in any forum, be it a sporting one or otherwise.

tonto1888

Who are these others you are talking about?

inthrough

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 28, 2018, 12:05:28 AM

Who are these others you are talking about?
The Others are a mysterious shadowy group who come out of the shadows & stand around whenever your shaky case needs bolstering.

We've all called on them at one time or another.

Dire Ear

Quote from: gallsman on June 27, 2018, 02:50:38 PM
Ignore what? Anti-Semitism? Why?

Baile an Taigh had posts removed from another thread because of their naked antisemitism.

Seafoid up there throws up anti-Semitic tropes every other week ffs.
Anti semitism is blown completely out of proportion,  but it is wrong, like all discimination
One question for you however;  who exactly are who trying to impress- is it protestants, unionists, israelis, yanks?
How do you feel about all the innocent children who are tortured, beaten, jailed or shot; for nothing or sometimes throwing a stone at one of the most protected armies ( thugs) in the world?
Thanks