Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

No point ditching Ole if nothing changes above him.

laoislad

Quote from: smelmoth on October 04, 2020, 06:44:42 PM
This has to be the end of Ole AND Ole is not the only problem so replacing him won't fix the overall problems.

The problem with Ole is best exemplified by Shaw's defensive positioning. Shaw isn't the world's greatest left back but surely if he is getting his positioning that wrong on a consistent basis the manager has to see it and do something about it - a word in the ear and if that doesn't work it's the bench. If the village u10 side was managed by a volunteer that couldn't master that they would be offered the opportunity to mow the grass.

Ole has no track record to speak of. He can only be judged on this side. Let's face it he is a really poor manager
Shaw should have got a straight red for that challenge.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

sid waddell

As a Liverpool supporter laughing at the shambles that is Manchester United I keep telling yis this

Appoint Pochettino

You can't do anything with a shite manager and a shite board

But you can do something with an excellent manager and a shite board because an excellent manager can come in and change the culture of a club from top to bottom by sheer force of personality

Poch has this

Woodward is so obviously useless that even he may now come to realise this and appoint a proper manager and let him run things

Or perhaps not

Cunny Funt

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 04, 2020, 06:41:22 PM
How have United went so bad so quickly from the end of last season to the start of this one?

Were running on empty at the end of last season, had no real rest or pre season and loads of sideshow distractions going on off the field. 

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 04, 2020, 06:47:03 PM
No point ditching Ole if nothing changes above him.

Yes whoever comes in the same issues will be there with those above. Very few big clubs in the world as poorly run as United.

RedHand88

Mayo4Sam

Part of the problem is the pro Ole press. I heard Daniel James on newstalk during the week saying that United got 3rd last season without spending any money. I had to check that they'd spent £150m on three players.
Blame the glazers all you want but as of June United have a net spend of £500m over the last five years, that's just behind City. £80m on Maguire, £31 on Lindelof, £40 on Fred, £50 on AWB, £90 on Pogba. None of these lads would get into the starting 11 for Liverpool or City
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

sid waddell

It was widely said before Klopp arrived that Liverpool was a poorly run club

Loads of moaning from Liverpool supporters about moneyball, the transfer committee and consistent failure to get transfer deals done because of lowballing other clubs

Liverpool signed Christian Benteke in summer 2015

Brendan Rodgers' last match was on a Sunday October 4th

Cunny Funt

Quote from: sid waddell on October 04, 2020, 07:01:28 PM
It was widely said before Klopp arrived that Liverpool was a poorly run club

Loads of moaning from Liverpool supporters about moneyball, the transfer committee and consistent failure to get transfer deals done because of lowballing other clubs

Liverpool signed Christian Benteke in summer 2015

Brendan Rodgers' last match was on a Sunday October 4th

Not just Klopp, Michael Edwards taking over the sporting director role in 2016 made a huge difference.

RedHand88

Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2020, 07:58:08 PM
Some Liverpool supporters thinking about backing out of this thread very slowly.

Nope. Liverpool losing is an anolomy. United losing js... meh.

RedHand88

Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2020, 08:03:23 PM
True although I'm sure you have stopped laughing out loud?

Yea, but then I'm reminded of earlier, then I laugh again.

We'll be fine.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 04, 2020, 08:00:44 PM
Some Liverpool supporters thinking about backing out of this thread very slowly.

Nope. Liverpool losing is an anolomy. United losing js... meh.

United losing 1-6 at home is anomaly as hasn't happened since 2011. Liverpool losing 4-1 at half time an anomaly as is conceding a hat trick to a player. First time since 2010 since Dimitar Berbatov scored all 3 in a 3-2 win against Liverpool.

mouview

Quote from: sid waddell on October 04, 2020, 06:53:40 PM
As a Liverpool supporter laughing at the shambles that is Manchester United I keep telling yis this

Appoint Pochettino

But you can do something with an excellent manager and a shite board because an excellent manager can come in and change the culture of a club from top to bottom by sheer force of personality

Poch has this

Woodward is so obviously useless that even he may now come to realise this and appoint a proper manager and let him run things

Or perhaps not

Woodward would be right at home in the Tory cabinet, given his ineptness and unsuitability for the job.

sid waddell

Quote from: mouview on October 04, 2020, 09:55:10 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 04, 2020, 06:53:40 PM

Appoint Pochettino

Poch has this

Or perhaps not

Woodward would be right at home in the Tory cabinet, given his ineptness and unsuitability for the job.
Woah, let's not go nuts, now, he's not that bad

sid waddell

Freak thrashings occasionally happen to champion teams as Manchester United know all too well

United were no strangers to getting thrashed in October as happened in 1996 when they shipped 5 at Newcastle and then 6 at Southampton in successive games, Chelsea beat them 5-0 in 1999

Liverpool lost 4-0 at Coventry in December 1983, I'd take what that team ended up with at the end of that season

Manchester United's defeat by Tottenham today was more reminiscent of the 5-0 thrashing Liverpool dished out to Tottenham in December 2013 which did for Andre Villas Boas or the 5-1 defeat Denmark handed Ireland in 2017 which did for Martin O'Neill, a chickens coming home to roost type of defeat, rather than the 6-1 against Manchester City in 2011 which was an anomaly

Certain defeats are very difficult for a manager to come back from and today is definitely one of those for Solskjaer

Capt Pat

Does this United defeat mean Dortmund will squeeze an extra 20 million outof United for Sancho?