East Belfast GAA

Started by nearlymad, June 02, 2020, 12:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

A couple of right oul begrudgers here or is it chauvinism against people who might not be proper "Gales"?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kidder81

Quote from: general_lee on August 13, 2020, 04:10:49 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on August 13, 2020, 04:05:06 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 13, 2020, 03:50:07 PM
Quote from: MoChara on August 13, 2020, 11:47:19 AM
https://youtu.be/C17UesFoXZ4

Off The Ball Interview with Dave MCGreevey the fella that founded East Belfast GAA

Side note why do they call themselves East Belfast GAA and not GAC?

Whole thing a circus. Where have all these players been before now?

Yeah they have some people looking their 15 mins of fame. You have Jerome Quinn following them about like a puppy. Linda Ervine has been everywhere but the crib getting interviewed, have to keep the profile up..........
I think Jerome Quinn is involved with coaching one of their teams but don't let that get in the way of A bit of good old fashioned begrudgery. As for you FBnS are you just jealous because you couldn't in your wildest dreams get the same sort of response to a new GAA club in your city?

Aye can't think why Jerome wants to coach the most high profile team about, not to drive traffic to his sites or give him content for the sites. Jerome is no mug

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 13, 2020, 06:01:05 PM

Off The Ball Interview with Dave MCGreevey the fella that founded East Belfast GAA

Yeah they have some people looking their 15 mins of fame. You have Jerome Quinn following them about like a puppy. Linda Ervine has been everywhere but the crib getting interviewed, have to keep the profile up..........
I think Jerome Quinn is involved with coaching one of their teams but don't let that get in the way of A bit of good old fashioned begrudgery. As for you FBnS are you just jealous because you couldn't in your wildest dreams get the same sort of response to a new GAA club in your city?

Aye can't think why Jerome wants to coach the most high profile team about, not to drive traffic to his sites or give him content for the sites. Jerome is no mug

Seriously? You think Jerome makes a fortune doing what he does?

marty34

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 13, 2020, 06:26:57 PM

Seriously? You think Jerome makes a fortune doing what he does?

He did a good job at the Higher Education games - must work on his own.

Fair play to him.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

100 percent we couldn't , envious, you bet.
But id be a bit pissed off with folk who wouldn't throw money or resources to clubs struggling for 60 years but are tripping over each other to get behind this. We actually had a transfer in for a lad who nobody ever heard of to east Belfast, odd. And the address he now has in ijn holylands,
💯 Percent

general_lee

Aye cos videoing ladies football is where all the dough is these days lol

Eamonnca1

Begrudge East Belfast GAA!

Begrudge Jerome!

Begrudge everybody!

RedHand88

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 13, 2020, 07:12:13 PM

But id be a bit pissed off with folk who wouldn't throw money or resources to clubs struggling for 60 years but are tripping over each other to get behind this. We actually had a transfer in for a lad who nobody ever heard of to east Belfast, odd. And the address he now has in ijn holylands,
💯 Percent

So??? Whats the point you're trying to make here?

The amount of crap on here in the last few pages is laughable. For what its worth, Jerome Quinn is not "following them round like a puppy". He's training the ladies team and is there every night. Some bitter bitter men about.

Walter Cronc

💯 Percent

Some dung talked there.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 13, 2020, 07:45:27 PM

💯 Percent

The amount of crap on here in the last few pages is laughable. For what its worth, Jerome Quinn is not "following them round like a puppy". He's training the ladies team and is there every night. Some bitter bitter men about.

2 points. Some wingnut who has never set foot in our club is claiming he has, now looking an imaginary transfer to EB. As I said , circus. And secondly holylands isn't even In east Belfast last time I checked.
Just a few side notes which tbh probably don't have major relevance.

As I said I'm openly envious. Not afraid to admit it, Ive spent years voluntarily in GAA with little return , feck it I probably need therapy at this stage  ;D

Milltown Row2

Lets give it a break, lets see what happens when the dust settles and the drudgery of day to day running of a club goes.

If they can maintain that over a 5 to 6 year period then great, it may have legs and run for a while.

This was always going to bring attention and that has been the case, should other clubs feel that their needs are not being met, yeah course, we'd all love more funding/numbers/media/success
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2020, 10:43:04 AM
Lets give it a break, lets see what happens when the dust settles and the drudgery of day to day running of a club goes.

If they can maintain that over a 5 to 6 year period then great, it may have legs and run for a while.

This was always going to bring attention and that has been the case, should other clubs feel that their needs are not being met, yeah course, we'd all love more funding/numbers/media/success

Fair comment

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 14, 2020, 12:08:04 AM

💯 Percent

2 points. Some wingnut who has never set foot in our club is claiming he has, now looking an imaginary transfer to EB. As I said , circus. And secondly holylands isn't even In east Belfast last time I checked.

As I said I'm openly envious. Not afraid to admit it, Ive spent years voluntarily in GAA with little return , feck it I probably need therapy at this stage  ;D

Do most Belfast clubs not have players from different catchment areas?? Christ maybe his mate plays for EB or his woman plays camogie and he was coaxed out. Good luck to them. I hope they go on to great things.

Maiden1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 14, 2020, 09:01:15 PM

💯 Percent

Do most Belfast clubs not have players from different catchment areas?? Christ maybe his mate plays for EB or his woman plays camogie and he was coaxed out. Good luck to them. I hope they go on to great things.
Carryduff have won last 3 down under 21s and Bredagh aren't far behind them. Not many blow in players would make either team. They'd have a decent chance of making the EB team though.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Maiden1 on August 14, 2020, 09:11:53 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 14, 2020, 09:01:15 PM

💯 Percent

Carryduff have won last 3 down under 21s and Bredagh aren't far behind them. Not many blow in players would make either team. They'd have a decent chance of making the EB team though.

Could Carryduff or Bredagh ever become a major force and win a Down champ in the future? With a lot of GAA ppl moving and settling in South Belfast there's bound to be some growth you'd think.