Lorry Tragedy

Started by Square Ball, October 25, 2019, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Case referred to the Old Bailey for November 25th
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

LeoMc

Rossfan

Cowboy country living up to its name it seems :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Funny this guy being called "irish" given some of photos of him I've seen in last day or two.

marty34

Quote from: Itchy on October 28, 2019, 04:53:53 PM
Funny this guy being called "irish" given some of photos of him I've seen in last day or two.

Did he not give his nationality as British?

Eamonnca1

He did. His FB page is still up, so people have been poking around looking at his photos. He's holding an NI flag in a few of them, including that strange NI/Israel combo flag with the blue star of David superimposed on it.

Yesterday I saw a meme going around denouncing him as a loyalist with connections to the UVF/UDA. I don't know if that's founded or not.

Itchy

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 28, 2019, 05:15:16 PM
He did. His FB page is still up, so people have been poking around looking at his photos. He's holding an NI flag in a few of them, including that strange NI/Israel combo flag with the blue star of David superimposed on it.

Yesterday I saw a meme going around denouncing him as a loyalist with connections to the UVF/UDA. I don't know if that's founded or not.

Its strange though. When Rory McIlroy wins anything they use a made of nationality of "Northern Irish" but in the case of the fella its "Irish" everywhere you look except he appears to be a hard core loyalist. It would make you wonder the subtle use of language.

michaelg

Quote from: Itchy on October 28, 2019, 06:29:00 PM

Its strange though. When Rory McIlroy wins anything they use a made of nationality of "Northern Irish" but in the case of the fella its "Irish" everywhere you look except he appears to be a hard core loyalist. It would make you wonder the subtle use of language.
By the same token, Republicans are always saying that unionists are Irish.  By your reckoning here, they are British when it suits / doesn't paint Irish people in a bad light.  Can't have it both ways!

Rossfan

This chap declared his Nationality "British" anyway.
He'll likely get to stay in Britain for quite some time now!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TheOptimist

Thought this must be the case. A colleague of Unionist persuasion last week was championing this fella as a victim of the media. Now he looks guilty she comes out today saying he apparently has links to the IRA. I just bite my tongue.

markl121

He had a tricolour and a sweden flag in his Instagram bio. Bit odd I thought as he does appear to be a loyalist

Itchy

Quote from: michaelg on October 28, 2019, 07:42:47 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 28, 2019, 06:29:00 PM

By the same token, Republicans are always saying that unionists are Irish.  By your reckoning here, they are British when it suits / doesn't paint Irish people in a bad light.  Can't have it both ways!

I was referring to the mainstream media terminology, not terminology from either side of the divide.