Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Quote from: trailer on November 13, 2019, 09:05:04 AM
If I was SQ I'd be sitting really uneasy this morning. By all accounts Dublin Jimmy thought he was safe in Derby and that no one knew where he was until they came knocking. The Garda and the PSNI appear to know a good bit more than SQ thinks they know.

If he's been involved. If he's not he'll be quite keen for the Guards to move forward.

Dire Ear

Any link with  Dublin Jimmy and the movement of people in lorries??

Hound

Nicola Tallant of the Sunday World was on Dunphy's podcast (she's often on talking about the Kinahans and is a great listen).

Some of the main points she made on the podcast were:

-It's been long known that Cyril McGuinness / Dublin Jimmy was the orchestrator of the attacks on "Quinn" businesses
-He was in jail in Siberia for a time and claims he had to eat rats to survive. He lost most of his teeth during his incarceration!
-He was the person called "Boss" when the Lunney attackers made a phonecall during the attack
-There are rumours that he was tout for either the gardai or psni (as a possible explanation as to why it took so long for him to be lifted). She said she knows for a fact he wasn't a tout for the gardai and she said it would be highly highly unlikely he worked for the psni. He was provo/dissident to the core and wouldn't have jeopardised that.
-She has had it substantiated that the son of the paymaster recently admonished McGuinness in a pub that he wasn't doing enough "what are we paying you for?"
-The police have CCTV of a suspect in the Lunney attack buying bleach.
-A big part of the reason for the multiple raids, including the Derby raid, was to collect phones so they can triangulate movements
-She doubts there's much on any laptop recovered in Derby     

Itchy

Quote from: Hound on November 13, 2019, 01:09:31 PM
Nicola Tallant of the Sunday World was on Dunphy's podcast (she's often on talking about the Kinahans and is a great listen).

-It's been long known that Cyril McGuinness / Dublin Jimmy was the orchestrator of the attacks on "Quinn" businesses

Its long known yet the attacks have been going on for 5/6 years and no one has been arrested and the man that it is well known to be orchestrating is living his normal life south of the border in Cavan.

-He was in jail in Siberia for a time and claims he had to eat rats to survive. He lost most of his teeth during his incarceration!

cool story dude

-He was the person called "Boss" when the Lunney attackers made a phonecall during the attack

The great thing about talking about a dead man is that you cannot libel him. How could she possibly know that?

-There are rumours that he was tout for either the gardai or psni (as a possible explanation as to why it took so long for him to be lifted). She said she knows for a fact he wasn't a tout for the gardai and she said it would be highly highly unlikely he worked for the psni. He was provo/dissident to the core and wouldn't have jeopardised that.

I was wondering how long it would take the media to come out with this one, he worked for the Gardai but not the PSNI as the CIRA wouldnt like that but they'd be ok with the Gardai. Such a load of bollix. Did she really say something that stupid.

-She has had it substantiated that the son of the paymaster recently admonished McGuinness in a pub that he wasn't doing enough "what are we paying you for?"

Does anyone else think that the secretive paymaster had his son walk into a pub and "admonish" this dangerous thug in public. I dont know, this sounds like more crap to me.

Yes, thats been known for weeks in Cavan anyway. Bought in Mullahoran I believe. Yet I dont think bleach buying is a crime yet.

-A big part of the reason for the multiple raids, including the Derby raid, was to collect phones so they can triangulate movements

This might be true lol

How would she know either way

The bottom line is I personally wouldn't believe a single word that comes out of a Sunday World journalists mouth. There is a truth out there and there are no doubt bits of the truth in what we are hearing but these "journalists" have to make it sound like they have some inside track and know the whole truth and although they'd love to tell us all they simply cant for legal reasons.

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on November 13, 2019, 01:30:22 PM

Its long known yet the attacks have been going on for 5/6 years and no one has been arrested and the man that it is well known to be orchestrating is living his normal life south of the border in Cavan.

cool story dude

The great thing about talking about a dead man is that you cannot libel him. How could she possibly know that?

I was wondering how long it would take the media to come out with this one, he worked for the Gardai but not the PSNI as the CIRA wouldnt like that but they'd be ok with the Gardai. Such a load of bollix. Did she really say something that stupid.

Does anyone else think that the secretive paymaster had his son walk into a pub and "admonish" this dangerous thug in public. I dont know, this sounds like more crap to me.

Yes, thats been known for weeks in Cavan anyway. Bought in Mullahoran I believe. Yet I dont think bleach buying is a crime yet.

This might be true lol

The bottom line is I personally wouldn't believe a single word that comes out of a Sunday World journalists mouth. There is a truth out there and there are no doubt bits of the truth in what we are hearing but these "journalists" have to make it sound like they have some inside track and know the whole truth and although they'd love to tell us all they simply cant for legal reasons.

On the face of it, you don't want to look at things objectively.

All the signs seem to point to who is behind it, the victims are absolutely convinced who is behind, there is only one group with the inventive and resources to fund this but none of that seems to matter to you.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

five points

The story as written is a lot different than that. It alleges that the son of the paymaster was drunk and got abusive towards McGuinness.

The character whom this is commonly believed to be has previous form in the drunk and disorderly department.

GetOverTheBar

When I watched spotlight show the first thought in my head was some junior officer is going to be going through hours of footage. Can't believe someone would be so stupid as to do this though - Lunny is a very smart man, if he's even said they were gone for an hour that instantly narrows down the amount of places it could be either side of the border. I refuse to believe someone doing a crime like this could be so stupid?

LeoMc

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 13, 2019, 02:26:45 PM

When I watched spotlight show the first thought in my head was some junior officer is going to be going through hours of footage. Can't believe someone would be so stupid as to do this though - Lunny is a very smart man, if he's even said they were gone for an hour that instantly narrows down the amount of places it could be either side of the border. I refuse to believe someone doing a crime like this could be so stupid?

Stupid enough to not bring the bleach in the first place?

LeoMc

Just to pick out a couple of your points without making the thread excessively long.

Knowing something and then printing it is different from having sufficient evidence to prosecute.

She actually said the opposite. She was refuting the rumour he was working for the Gardai.

No-one is saying it is a crime but if the Gardai know one of the thugs bought bleach within a certain area and time-frame and they have vidoe of a known accomplice of Cyril doing just that then it is circumstantial eviddence to point them in the correct direction.

Perhaps an educated guess. Based on the fact the Gardai have been unable to charge him for lack of evidence it would suggest he doesnt leave much incriminating information written down anywhere

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: LeoMc on November 13, 2019, 03:41:30 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 13, 2019, 02:26:45 PM

Stupid enough to not bring the bleach in the first place?

It appears you may have won this duel  :-X

mouview

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 13, 2019, 10:14:02 AM
This paymaster thing is getting out of hand now....Lets just call him Zean Kuinn.

Seyser Koze?

Keyser soze

Quote from: mouview on November 13, 2019, 04:27:37 PM
This paymaster thing is getting out of hand now....Lets just call him Zean Kuinn.

Seyser Koze?

You looking a hidin son??

Armamike

Or Keyzer Soze.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Shamrock Shore

If there was a march tomorrow for Aul Quinn would you see the likes of Mickey Harte, Fr. Brian Trendy, Colm O'Rourke et al attend?

Lots of rumour and nudge nudge wink wink going on but they are pointing in the one direction - if not the tree itself then certainly the fruit.