TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: laoislad on November 01, 2021, 11:47:35 AM
Quote from: toby47 on November 01, 2021, 08:24:27 AM
Thoughts on the Kin finale?
Haven't seen it yet but I'm sure nrico2006 will be along shortly with plenty of spoilers.

Wouldn't take a rocket scientist to predict how Kin was going to end.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DownFanatic

Kin was an awful show. Poorly acted (lots of overacting) and full of plot holes. Not a patch on Love/Hate.

nrico2006

Quote from: DownFanatic on November 01, 2021, 11:57:06 AM
Kin was an awful show. Poorly acted (lots of overacting) and full of plot holes. Not a patch on Love/Hate.

The actor who played Kem was as bad as I have ever saw in a proper show/film.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Was that the finale? Christ.

Wouldnt be raving about the show.  I'll watch the next series though of course  ::)

toby47

I thought it was a load of sh*te and if it was set in America i doubt I'd have watched the 2nd episode.

brokencrossbar1

Kin was poor but the ending kinda leaves some scope for improvement. Definitely not Love/Hate. Reminds me stylistically of the Dublin Murders series,  which was also dung.

An Watcher

Poor enough series but thought that was a decent ending.  Hopefully the second series will be an improvement

armaghniac

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 01, 2021, 02:38:59 PM
Kin was poor but the ending kinda leaves some scope for improvement. Definitely not Love/Hate. Reminds me stylistically of the Dublin Murders series,  which was also dung.

It wasn't great, but Dublin Murders was very disappointing, Kin was merely "Meh".
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

nrico2006

The ending was very basic and predictable though when you look at it, maybe expected something smarter or with a bit more action at least.

screenexile

Hard to talk about Kin when you watch the latest episode of Succession. It was class!!

Great show so well written and acted it's hotting up nicely!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: screenexile on November 01, 2021, 08:15:09 PM
Hard to talk about Kin when you watch the latest episode of Succession. It was class!!

Was deadly tonight. The characters are so dislike-able but compelling. Was of the best shows I've ever seen

bennydorano

Watched both series of Guilt over the weekend (BBC Scotland / iplayer), excellent, S1 was very good, S2 developed into something great, highly recommended.

bogball88

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 01, 2021, 12:04:30 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on November 01, 2021, 11:57:06 AM

The actor who played Kem was as bad as I have ever saw in a proper show/film.
Good god, I had thought his name was Ken the whole way through. Come to think about it, didn't really look like a Ken

gawa316

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 01, 2021, 09:51:49 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 01, 2021, 08:15:09 PM

Was deadly tonight. The characters are so dislike-able but compelling. Was of the best shows I've ever seen

Watched the first episode and 'I'm in'...

Spolier Alert...didn't expect to see this fella

screenexile

You didn't think he would grow up to have that mouth on him that's for sure!!!