Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: driveherin on July 03, 2017, 08:11:25 AM
Maybe playing for the Moy is not glamourous enough for the Cavanagh lads??? Same for a lot of other county men throughout the county....?

I'd say that's balls.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Taylor

Maybe playing for the Moy is not glamourous enough for the Cavanagh lads??? Same for a lot of other county men throughout the county....?

What a load of nonsense.

You are basing this comment on what?

Tyrone Dreamer

And what would that be based on? They both had played all the games with the Moy before yesterday. Sean went off after a heavy collision last week and had to get staples in his head. Colm was carried off the field yesterday struggling to walk. But sure don't let the facts get in the way of a good begrudging opinion.

driveherin

it has always been said that the Cavanagh's aren't great clubmen. Be interesting to see how long Sean stays on after finishing up his county career this year

Taylor

Quote from: driveherin on July 03, 2017, 09:35:15 AM
it has always been said that the Cavanagh's aren't great clubmen. Be interesting to see how long Sean stays on after finishing up his county career this year

Its always been said by who?

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: driveherin on July 03, 2017, 09:35:15 AM

They've both been playing for their club seniors since they were about 16 and other than the starred games miss very few games. They've dragged the Moy through plenty of games over the years.

Like yourself I've no idea what Sean's intentions are after this year but would it make him less of a club man if he quit? He's now 34, has a few young children and has just started up a new business. There is very few club players left playing at 35 and over and I'm sure the one's who aren't well known don't get labelled as not being a club man for quitting at that age.

WT4E

After the weekends football I started to re evaluate where Tyrone are at.

Going into both Derry and Donegal game I wasn't overly confident but with Tyrone beating both by approx 10 points and considering how other fixtures have went since I think Tyrone may be a lot better than I was giving them credit for at the start of the year.

I might book some time off work in September  ;D

skeog

Colm is a very important cog in the wheel who has shown great commitment to both club and county.Hope to see him run out sunday week.

Taylor

To be fair and realistic we could rest both boys and still win handsomely.

Would rather have them flying from 1/4 final onwards than risking them in Ulster Final when we have no need to

omagh_gael

Quote from: WT4E on July 03, 2017, 11:28:39 AM
After the weekends football I started to re evaluate where Tyrone are at.

Going into both Derry and Donegal game I wasn't overly confident but with Tyrone beating both by approx 10 points and considering how other fixtures have went since I think Tyrone may be a lot better than I was giving them credit for at the start of the year.

I might book some time off work in September  ;D

I would have read the complete opposite considering Donegal's performance against Longford.

Fuzzman

I think Derry played better against Mayo than we thought they would and Donegal are indeed a shadow of the team we thought they were.
Looking at the marks they got for their game on Sat there are a lot of 5s and 6s.
Donegal - MA McGinley 6; P McGrath 7, N McGee 7, C Ward 6; E McHugh 7, R McHugh 5, E Gallagher 5; M Murphy 6, J McGee 5; M Carroll 5, F McGlynn 6, M Langan 5; C Thompson 6, P McBrearty 7, M O'Reilly 5.

It's so very hard to judge where you're at until you come up against a team of similar ability and I think most of us thought Donegal & Monaghan were at that level but it looks like they were not.
How good Down is will be interesting to see in 2 weeks time. I expect us to beat them but not as convincingly as some think. They remind me of Mayo in that in early rounds they can be slow to get out of the blocks but once they get a bit of momentum they can be hard to stop.
You would hope our experienced defensive system will frustrate them and strip them off the ball around out 40 and it will then depend how well we use that ball on the break.

I think we will beat Down and possible meet Kildare or whoever beats them. We seem more balanced in our attack/defence this year so far. It will be weird should we beat Down by 10+ points as I don't remember anyone winning Ulster so convincingly before.

Kerry looked very good I thought in the first 20 mins v Cork but then again how much space did they get.

redhandefender

It is impossible to judge. I think the kicking we give Donegal would have knocked their youngers players but more importantly the older guys who probably realise its an end of an era! Very hard to recover from but they got the win and a good draw again.

Down should be a easy enough win but that's when tyrone have slipped up before. Its hard not to think that though given the last couple of years.

Taylor

Quote from: redhandefender on July 03, 2017, 02:40:43 PM
It is impossible to judge. I think the kicking we give Donegal would have knocked their youngers players but more importantly the older guys who probably realise its an end of an era! Very hard to recover from but they got the win and a good draw again.

Down should be a easy enough win but that's when tyrone have slipped up before. Its hard not to think that though given the last couple of years.

We wont slip up.
MH will have all thoughts of complacency erased from our heads.

Kildare would be a test but nothing more.

Im with WT4E & looking at September holidays  ;D

skeog

Taylor dont think resting players on Sunday week is on the agenda.Down be fired up and have some nice ball players who are capable as they showed against Monaghan.

Taylor

Disagree Skeog.
Down bring a physical game, full of passion but very little actual football talent.

Tell me who on that Down team would get on our team?

Armagh are v poor and Monaghan were caught on an off day.