born in rathcoole, co. antrim

Started by dillinger, October 02, 2009, 12:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dillinger

I was born in Rathcoole. Rem. if you ever lived there when it once was a fairly mixed estate?
Any good, or bad mems about the estate? Has had its bad press over the years.Playing a game of GAA football is one of my best. Anyones? :)

lurganblue

i can see this thread going down like a lead balloon  ::)

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Quote from: dillinger on October 02, 2009, 12:53:36 AM
I was born in Rathcoole. Rem. if you ever lived there when it once was a fairly mixed estate?
Any good, or bad mems about the estate? Has had its bad press over the years.Playing a game of GAA football is one of my best. Anyones? :)

Okay so, here's a test for you dillinger. What was the name of the Catholic secondary school (now demolished) in Rathcoole?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

dillinger

]
Okay so, here's a test for you dillinger. What was the name of the Catholic secondary school (now demolished) in Rathcoole?

A test? Stella Morris.

milltown row

Stella Maris, translated as Star of the Sea

ya twat, Belfast accent says Morris which is a make of car ;D

cville

Quote from: dillinger on October 02, 2009, 12:53:36 AM

Bobby Sands anyone?

dillinger

Quote from: milltown row on October 02, 2009, 10:46:45 PM
Stella Maris, translated as Star of the Sea

ya t**t, Belfast accent says Morris which is a make of car ;D

Yes. i know i spelt wrong.Any more tests? What are you trying to find out? I first played GAA football in Rathcoole, thanks to a Priest who lived in our street. As i said, and asked, i rem when Rathcoole was a good mixed estate.

the green man

I mind working in it and not being able to find my way out. Dillinger, do you mind when it was a shit hole?

dillinger

Quote from: hardstation on October 03, 2009, 12:08:33 AM
Is Rathcoole like it used to be?
Are the Fenians still there?
Do the boys and girls play peil ghaelach in the evenings so fair?

No.
No.
No.

Dont know what its like now. Moved out in 1983. Still, good times there. And Bobby Sands was in my house, parents house. My oldest brother and him where mates. Dont rem him myself.

milltown row

Quote from: dillinger on October 03, 2009, 12:15:28 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 03, 2009, 12:08:33 AM
Is Rathcoole like it used to be?
Are the Fenians still there?
Do the boys and girls play peil ghaelach in the evenings so fair?

No.
No.
No.

Dont know what its like now. Moved out in 1983. Still, good times there. And Bobby Sands was in my house, parents house. My oldest brother and him where mates. Dont rem him myself.

having lived in Jordanstown for a few years and knowing Rathcoole it has NO CATHOLICS that i kown of and the Gaelic teams have long gone.

dillinger

Rathcoole it has NO CATHOLICS that i kown of
[/quo
te]
I still go to rathcoole at times to visit friends and there are still catholics there.Maybe not that many, i dont know.

Orior

Quote from: dillinger on October 03, 2009, 10:37:06 PM

Rathcoole it has NO CATHOLICS that i kown of
[/quo
te]
I still go to rathcoole at times to visit friends and there are still catholics there.Maybe not that many, i dont know.

If you dont know, then why are you posting?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians