Fighting on the Hill and in Quinns between two sets of fans Tipp and Galway.

Started by The Aristocrat, August 17, 2015, 10:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Aristocrat

Tipp fans fighting Galway fans on the Hill and in Quinn's after, it was violent enough, In particular in Quinns.

Can you behave yourselves please when you come to the capital. It is not the end of the disco in Nenagh or Galway city.

This is also not soccer.

Perhaps its a good idea to ban the sale of alcohol when some sets of fans come to Dublin.

I have seen this from Tipp fans a few times before, one match in particular when a fan was getting sick on the Hill and 3 fans thrown out for throwing digs on the Hill, alcohol influenced, the same match , final v KK a few years ago.

Bord na Mona man

Down in Munster when fan have a terrace each, this craic would be less likely. One of the unfortunate by-products of the Croke Park redevelopment has been the single terrace to accommodate fans from competing counties. Especially when it ones taking the Ryanair ticket option to divert more funds towards refreshments before, after and during.

I remember a bizarre incident in the 2003 All Ireland quarter final between Offaly and Tipp. On the Hill after Tipp scored a goal a ruck broke out between cider heads from both counties. It was broken up and finished with a Tipp fella standing there punching himself in the face to show how tough he was and demonstrating his hunger for a scrap.

macdanger2

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 17, 2015, 10:15:21 AM
Tipp fans fighting Galway fans on the Hill and in Quinn's after, it was violent enough, In particular in Quinns.

Can you behave yourselves please when you come to the capital. It is not the end of the disco in Nenagh or Galway city.

This is also not soccer.

Perhaps its a good idea to ban the sale of alcohol when some sets of fans come to Dublin.

I have seen this from Tipp fans a few times before, one match in particular when a fan was getting sick on the Hill and 3 fans thrown out for throwing digs on the Hill, alcohol influenced, the same match , final v KK a few years ago.

Desperate sh*t if true, have never seen anything even coming close to a fight any time I was on the terrace with any set of supporters

finbar o tool

id say its a rare enough occurrence, i wouldn't go segregating fans just yet! in general GAA fans are a credit to their county the vast majority of the time. one of the great things about the GAA has always been the mingling of the fans and you would be proud to see it after watching a football match in England or Spain with a line of yellow jackets separating fans.
id imagine it was a bunch of young lads who dont get out in the 'big smoke' too often and had too much to drink!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Esmarelda

Quote from: finbar o tool on August 17, 2015, 03:28:59 PM
id say its a rare enough occurrence, i wouldn't go segregating fans just yet! in general GAA fans are a credit to their county the vast majority of the time. one of the great things about the GAA has always been the mingling of the fans and you would be proud to see it after watching a football match in England or Spain with a line of yellow jackets separating fans.
id imagine it was a bunch of young lads who dont get out in the 'big smoke' too often and had too much to drink!
Exactly, it'd be a sad day if we had to follow suit.

"Your support is f**king shit."

deiseach

I was on the Killinan End for the Munster final and found it a perversely enjoyable experience. When you are standing among your own you get a negative feedback loop where every wide is worse than the Holocaust. It wasn't quite a Zen-like suppression of emotions, and it would have been much nicer to be among your own at the final whistle, but it was oddly worthwhile.

The Aristocrat

I agree with the comments above that these incidents are isolated but still think it should highlighted.

Drink is no excuse and doesn't look good for the GAA.

sid waddell

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 17, 2015, 10:15:21 AM

This is also not soccer.

What has soccer to do with a GAA problem?

theskull1

I think you know what he's talking about  :-\

Soccer is not the problem ... its a small % of sh1tk1ckers who are predisposed to badness. The GAA is not the problem either
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

sid waddell

Quote from: theskull1 on August 17, 2015, 05:03:52 PM

Soccer is not the problem ... its a small % of sh1tk1ckers who are predisposed to badness. The GAA is not the problem either
Soccer is always cited by these sorts of "true Gaels" when it has nothing to do with such incidents.

Discuss what apparently happened by all means, but leave out the petty references to soccer.

People who constantly feel the need to denigrate soccer when bad behaviour occurs at GAA matches simply need to grow up.

T Fearon

All kicked of when a Tyrone man wearing a Tipp Jersey went down after his hair was ruffled

INDIANA

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 17, 2015, 03:56:24 PM
I agree with the comments above that these incidents are isolated but still think it should highlighted.

Drink is no excuse and doesn't look good for the GAA.

Tipp and Galway younger hurling fans have always been trouble I'm afraid. Complete pissheads

Zulu

Only ever once came across GAA supporters actively looking for a fight with opposing fans and it was Tipp supporters. Small minority in their ranks but they are there.

laoislad

Quote from: sid waddell on August 17, 2015, 05:18:43 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 17, 2015, 05:03:52 PM

Soccer is always cited by these sorts of "true Gaels" when it has nothing to do with such incidents.

Discuss what apparently happened by all means, but leave out the petty references to soccer.

People who constantly feel the need to denigrate soccer when bad behaviour occurs at GAA matches simply need to grow up.
+1 well said.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.