FAO Doctors/Pharmacists/Chemists

Started by 118cmal, January 19, 2010, 12:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Naiveity can be endearing but dont be surprised about people cheating the system. It goes on in more ways than you would think and goes on everywhere. As for your mates coursework i wouldnt count that as cheating the system.

johnneycool

I thought that in the North most GP's prescription's came out of their budget so there must have been some way for the GP to know who'd actually bothered to go to the pharmacy to pick up the script even if it was only for financial reasons.

118cmal

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 19, 2010, 03:14:02 PM
Naiveity can be endearing but dont be surprised about people cheating the system. It goes on in more ways than you would think and goes on everywhere. As for your mates coursework i wouldnt count that as cheating the system.

Okay, so he fakes a serious mental condition.  He lies to his lecturers, family and the doctor about it.  The only reason he does this is to have more time than normal to do his work.  He gets more time to do his work therefore should get better marks because of this.

How do think he is not cheating the system?

118cmal

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 19, 2010, 03:14:02 PM

Also, no need to be patronising

tyrone girl

I honestly wasnt - and looking back at that post it appears i was but that wasnt my intention apologies.

118cmal

AFS

Quote from: 118cmal on January 19, 2010, 02:40:51 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 19, 2010, 02:21:16 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on January 19, 2010, 12:28:52 PM
I'm afraid TG is correct.  An acquaintance (certainly not a friend) has been going to the doctor claiming depression to help him extend the deadlines for coursework and as an excuse for missing class.   I was in his room and saw a number of prescription leaflets for an anti-depressant that he had received from the doctor but obviously never used.  Pisses me off no end!  >:(

So is there really no way the doctor would ever know that he hadn't actually received the drugs from the pharmacy?

I couldn't believe that it would be that easy.

So what, who made you the Uni police? My suggestion is get on with your own work and forget about what other people do, his actions certainly won't affect your work (unless you happen to get lumped with him in a group project but then again that may play into your hands  ;)).

And who made you the internet police?

No, in my opinion he is just digging a hole for himself and will live to regret delaying exams and coursework. In the end he still has to do it!  I agree, nothing to do with my work, and won't affect any marks I get!  I was just surprised someone could cheat the system so easily, that's all!

Not necessarily. I know a lad that deferred his exams at Queens 3 or 4 times over the space of a couple of years because he was 'depressed' and eventually Queens classified him as 'disabled' and let him away with doing coursework only. He got a 2.1 in the end.

118cmal

It's the coursework that this lad has the problem in doing!  If he has a day to do something he'll get it done, but if its months away he'll never start it!

tyrone girl

Loads people do that though - id never dream of starting something that was due months down the line. Im a last minute person and always have been.

118cmal

Have you ever tried doing a dissertation a couple of days before it's due in having not went to any class for that module?  That's the sort of situation my friend finds himself in.

tyrone girl

Not a dissertation but coursework for a module i never went to one week for. Looking back now i cant remember how i did it or what happened but i obviously must have got it handed in. Also how can u get away with not having started your dissertation a couple days before its due in. Do you not have to meet with your advisor or whatever as you go along? Also a dissertation isnt done on a module you have. The dissertation is the module.

118cmal

Not on my course.  We had 3 hours a week for the dissertation module.  We were shown step by step how the dissertation should be formatted etc and also went over various reports which could be used depending on the module.  We had to do presentations every 2/3 weeks which amounted to 20/25% of the total marks for the dissertation. He didn't do any of the presentations and wasn't chased up!

Anyhow when starting the thread I just assumed that it wouldn't be as easy as it seems but apparently it is!

thebigfella

Quote from: 118cmal on January 19, 2010, 03:37:02 PM
Have you ever tried doing a dissertation a couple of days before it's due in having not went to any class for that module?  That's the sort of situation my friend finds himself in.

To quote yourself - "An acquaintance (certainly not a friend) has been going to the doctor claiming depression to help him extend the deadlines for coursework and as an excuse for missing class."

Now he's your friend?

118cmal

To be honest I was disgusted when I found out what he was doing and that's why at the time I didn't want to call him my friend, but I suppose he is.  I just get very annoyed with him at times.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: thebigfella on January 19, 2010, 02:21:16 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on January 19, 2010, 12:28:52 PM
I'm afraid TG is correct.  An acquaintance (certainly not a friend) has been going to the doctor claiming depression to help him extend the deadlines for coursework and as an excuse for missing class.   I was in his room and saw a number of prescription leaflets for an anti-depressant that he had received from the doctor but obviously never used.  Pisses me off no end!  >:(

So is there really no way the doctor would ever know that he hadn't actually received the drugs from the pharmacy?

I couldn't believe that it would be that easy.

So what, who made you the Uni police? My suggestion is get on with your own work and forget about what other people do, his actions certainly won't affect your work (unless you happen to get lumped with him in a group project but then again that may play into your hands  ;)).
No but someone else is having more time to do something than he is, it's not very fair. 

I know someone that went all through uni cheating in exams.  He brags about it, he's in quite a good job now.  He cheated in every exam he ever done.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?