The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Rory rules himself out Premier League of Golf because he's a good guy. We as a country don't deserve him.

Saffrongael

Quote from: trailer on February 20, 2020, 12:55:23 PM
Rory rules himself out Premier League of Golf because he's a good guy. We as a country don't deserve him.

He's a great ambassador for NI
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

JimStynes

Why does everyone hate McIlroy.  I think he's fascinating and for someone who lives on a different planet due to fame and all the rest, he seems like quite a nice fella.

JPGJOHNNYG

Well until he changes his mind which er is known to happen quite a bit with that lad

Boycey

He sticks his head above the parapet far too often, people would prefer him to be a sheep and conform to the norm.

Like you say he's an interesting guy, just read the last three Sindos, and one hell of a golfer...

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Boycey on February 20, 2020, 01:25:53 PM
He sticks his head above the parapet far too often, people would prefer him to be a sheep and conform to the norm.

Like you say he's an interesting guy, just read the last three Sindos, and one hell of a golfer...

Post up part 3 there  ;D
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Boycey

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on February 20, 2020, 01:33:21 PM

Post up part 3 there  ;D

Had to go and buy if ffs  ;D

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Boycey on February 20, 2020, 01:34:59 PM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on February 20, 2020, 01:33:21 PM

Post up part 3 there  ;D

Had to go and buy if ffs  ;D

take a few pics of it and pm me...lol - I would have bought as well but forgot all about it after reading part 1 and part 2 online :(
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

trailer

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 20, 2020, 01:15:29 PM

He's a great ambassador for NI

NI? That's very partitionist for an Irish man.

Orior

Quote from: JimStynes on February 20, 2020, 01:20:07 PM
Why does everyone hate McIlroy.  I think he's fascinating and for someone who lives on a different planet due to fame and all the rest, he seems like quite a nice fella.

It's pure jealousy. The same people probably hated David Beckham.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

An Watcher

Well for starters he speaks about Londonderry, secondly he ran about after the ryder Cup with an ni flag wrapped around him, thirdly he wouldn't declare for Ireland in the Olympics and finally there's just something about him.
Don't get me wrong if he's leading a major coming up the back 9 I'll be rooting for him but give me lowry, Clarke, mcdowell any day of the week.

Boycey

Clarke would definitely talk about Londonderry, Lowry wouldn't go to the Olympics either and sure Gmac is a Yank  :)

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: An Watcher on February 20, 2020, 05:14:13 PM
Well for starters he speaks about Londonderry, secondly he ran about after the ryder Cup with an ni flag wrapped around him, thirdly he wouldn't declare for Ireland in the Olympics and finally there's just something about him.
Don't get me wrong if he's leading a major coming up the back 9 I'll be rooting for him but give me lowry, Clarke, mcdowell any day of the week.

1st - Could you link to this quote - dont think I have ever read/heard it
2nd - That is where he is from - he has said numerous times he feels Northern Irish
3rd - He has represented Ireland at youth level, and will represent Ireland in 2020 so it kind of a mute point about previously - lets not forget Lowry - who I would prefer ahead or McIlroy personally also failed to show up in Rio
4th - I think thats your real issue - 'just something about him' - you just dont like him - nothing wrong with that - but why not just say it

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on February 20, 2020, 04:19:58 PM

LOL Beckham is/was an out and out tosser. Pick someone else.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 20, 2020, 09:04:09 PM
Quote from: Orior on February 20, 2020, 04:19:58 PM

LOL Beckham is/was an out and out tosser. Pick someone else.

Orior is very good on the wind ups!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea