2018 Ulster Club Minor Tournament

Started by bloody mary, December 16, 2018, 05:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

That post was 2019, 3 years ago, the reason why I put it up was they were struggling to win at senior considering the success they had achieved at juvenile levels for so long, John Raffety was the catalyst for us and brought us to a level that we were able to believe..

That talent has now actually produced an Ulster title, maybe it was coming or maybe, like Kilcoo, needed Moran, Glen needed O'Rouke to be the manager to achieve this.. But not forgetting Glass also in that jigsaw.

But don't fall into the trap that we did in losing a sensational generational set of players without feeding in players but more importantly using the method that brought these players to where they are now so that you can continue to have future success.

Bellaghy, have that tradition as they have done it with different teams, Cross also with different teams, we done it in the 80's had some small success in Ulster in the 90's but got over the line in the noughties
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Silver hill

Agree that it needed a manager like o'Rourke (along with Ryan Porter) to push the first one over the line. And also agree that the time to redouble the effort is actually when you think you have reached the pinnacle. I've seen it happen before whereby people sit back once a big title or goal has been achieved.
Genetics and luck with the raw materials you have is also a big part!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Silver hill on December 28, 2022, 02:47:11 PM
Agree that it needed a manager like o'Rourke (along with Ryan Porter) to push the first one over the line. And also agree that the time to redouble the effort is actually when you think you have reached the pinnacle. I've seen it happen before whereby people sit back once a big title or goal has been achieved.
Genetics and luck with the raw materials you have is also a big part!

Yes luck plays a part but as one famous sports person said " the harder i trained, the luckier I got" 

Put the effort in and you'll reap the rewards, the luck and breaks will follow.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

J70

J70

Hard luck Four Masters.

That was a well worked goal at the end to win a tight match for Dungiven.

Hoof Hearted

Nice way to start the year there, very enjoyable game
Well done to Dungiven, 3 in a row for derry, 18 in all I think
Four Masters first defeat in championship football at underage for those particular boys

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

The defence for long periods in the second half for both teams were on top, very evenly matched

Well done to all the teams and of course St Paul's for running a great tournament

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 01, 2023, 03:33:50 PM
The defence for long periods in the second half for both teams were on top, very evenly matched

Well done to all the teams and of course St Paul's for running a great tournament

Aye they run a good show
Some money spinner for them too
Tenner in I'd say, well it was 3 or 4 years ago anyway
Throw in the social club too - £££££

Silver hill

Seven quid for the semis, not sure what it was today?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Silver hill on January 01, 2023, 05:16:25 PM
Seven quid for the semis, not sure what it was today?

Probably 12 then, it was a fiver for the semi 4 years ago
Let's face it, if it was 20 quid in, nobody was going to turn and go home

LC

A great article in the Irish News yesterday by C O'K re the Dungiven minor team of 1990.  He mentioned Eunan O'Kane as the greatest player the world never saw, I heard about him years ago, apparently he was an unbelievable footballer.

tintin25

Quote from: LC on January 01, 2023, 05:27:35 PM
A great article in the Irish News yesterday by C O'K re the Dungiven minor team of 1990.  He mentioned Eunan O'Kane as the greatest player the world never saw, I heard about him years ago, apparently he was an unbelievable footballer.

Sure every county probably has someone who could have been the worlds greatest