Connacht senior football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 01, 2024, 09:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Connacht final will Galway bate Mayo?

No
5 (71.4%)
Yes
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closes: May 05, 2024, 12:48:33 AM

Armagh18

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 07, 2024, 02:18:48 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 07, 2024, 07:29:24 AMhttps://westernpeople.ie/sport/gaa/letter-from-america-anyone-buying-or-selling-tickets_arid-13614.html

Bit of a farcical situation. Imagine travelling the New York to be turned away at the gate.

Connacht Gaa saying tickets will be available to purchase at the gate.  I thought those days was over? sure for every other game they organise be it senior or underage you must have a ticket already purhased.
Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 07, 2024, 02:18:48 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 07, 2024, 07:29:24 AMhttps://westernpeople.ie/sport/gaa/letter-from-america-anyone-buying-or-selling-tickets_arid-13614.html

Bit of a farcical situation. Imagine travelling the New York to be turned away at the gate.

Connacht Gaa saying tickets will be available to purchase at the gate. I thought those days was over? sure for every other game they organise be it senior or underage you must have a ticket already purhased.
Isn't that great to see

Blowitupref

Half time Leitrim 0-1 Sligo 0-9.  Leitrim have the aid of the strong wind 2nd half.  Result Leitrim 0-6 Sligo 0-15.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Harold Disgracey

Looks to be a good crowd in New York, Ryan O'Donoghue goal for Mayo. 1-5 to 0-2 after 22 mins.

Cunny Funt

Mayo leading in the Bronx 1-11 to 0-2 at half time. 1-9 for Ryan O'Donoghue. Are they to do the same as Galway yesterday and go for goals 2nd half?

screenexile

The big difference I can see at this level is kickouts. New York are ok when they get the ball but they can barely get their hands on it as they can't press Mayo and can't retain their own kickout.

Blowitupref

Goal for New York has got the biggest cheer of the match so far. Latest New York 1-3 Mayo 1-15

Second goal for New York 2-3 to 1-17 that latest.  Mayo from the next attack score a goal from penalty 2-3 to 2-17
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Harold Disgracey

A very good goal there for New York. Penalty to Mayo.

Blowitupref

Result New York 2-6 Mayo 2-21.

The semi finals in two weeks.

Roscommon v Mayo
Sligo v Galway.

Wildweasel74

Connacht Championship very poor. 2 strong teams. 3 very poor teams and Roscommon just slightly below Galway/Mayo.

Gael85

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 07, 2024, 10:54:25 PMConnacht Championship very poor. 2 strong teams. 3 very poor teams and Roscommon just slightly below Galway/Mayo.

Mayo stand out team in Connacht by miles.  Only team in last 20 years to perform consistently in Croke Park in championship which Galway and Roscommon haven't done. Galway even with full team rarely deliver in knockout games.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gael85 on April 07, 2024, 11:01:54 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 07, 2024, 10:54:25 PMConnacht Championship very poor. 2 strong teams. 3 very poor teams and Roscommon just slightly below Galway/Mayo.

Mayo stand out team in Connacht by miles.  Only team in last 20 years to perform consistently in Croke Park in championship which Galway and Roscommon haven't done. Galway even with full team rarely deliver in knockout games.

They were in the All Ireland final with a full team less than 2 years ago. Sadly have not had close to a full team since.

Cunny Funt

With the injuries for Galway and Roscommon it's hard to see either toppling Mayo in Connacht this year and Roscommon,Galway under current circumstances will likely see All Ireland quarter final appearance as a good championship.  Mayo on the other hand had Quarter final exits the last two years and heavy defeats at that. This summer should see an improvement with a possible semi final appearance and competitive in that game.

Sligo's development in the years ahead will be worth keeping an eye on. A lot of good young players coming through with a winning mentality. 

weareros

Not to make excuses (although I will), Ros, Sligo and Leitrim are 26, 27 and 32 in population ranking. All 3 rank in Top 5 counties with the oldest demographics, per CSO. (I double checked those stats in case Ed Ricketts reads this thread). It's a wonderful thing that we put it up to the top teams every now and then. I'm hopeful of a shock or two in Connacht.

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: weareros on April 08, 2024, 10:37:16 PM

Not to make excuses (although I will), Ros, Sligo and Leitrim are 26, 27 and 32 in population ranking. All 3 rank in Top 5 counties with the oldest demographics, per CSO. (I double checked those stats in case Ed Ricketts reads this thread). It's a wonderful thing that we put it up to the top teams every now and then. I'm hopeful of a shock or two in Connacht.

Well, actually...

:P
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

joemamas

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 07, 2024, 09:10:50 PMA very good goal there for New York. Penalty to Mayo.

I assume you are talking about NY first goal,
second goal was inept defending(understatement),
I know S Coen tries hard, but sorry that type of defending ain,t cutting it.
Simply not inter county standard defending