Medical Status of Boardmembers

Started by Ball Hopper, December 19, 2019, 03:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

That sounds like back to back marathons there kid  :)

Keep her lit and best of luck.

balladmaker

All the best for the recovery BH, fair play to you!

Ball Hopper

Still under detention in hospital...a few lingering minor issues to sort out yet, but winning these little battles one by one.

Preventing dehydration will be the key going forward...won't be allowed home unless I can function without a drip. 

Will update later in the week.

Never beat the deeler

Good man BH. Things had been going so well to date, you were always going to get this minor blip. Important to keep focusing on these minor battles as you have pointed out.

Hope you get home comfort sooner rather than later
Hasta la victoria siempre

Dire Ear

All the best MrHopper!

Anyone any advice on dental plans for the over 49's !  ?

Ball Hopper

Part 3 Surgery arrived on schedule on August 5.  After a relatively smooth run of treatment from the beginning, this one hit me hard.

Initially I was expecting a 3-night hospital stay, but it turned into 15.  My body just would not kick-start itself again after the 8 and a half hour surgery.  We had to go step by step for each area and progress was quite slow.

Glad to report I got home on Thursday 20 August and am doing much better. 

In early October I'll return to the hospital to have the ileostomy surgery reversal and I'm hoping for a much shorter stay.

A major item within the surgery on 5 August was extensive pathology on both sites of my disease.  57 lymph nodes and several polyps were analyzed, as well as tissue from the sites.  All were negative.

I can now say, with a tear in my eye, a lump in my throat, but gladness in my heart, that I'm Cancer Free!

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 25, 2020, 04:55:42 AM

Part 3 Surgery arrived on schedule on August 5.  After a relatively smooth run of treatment from the beginning, this one hit me hard.

Initially I was expecting a 3-night hospital stay, but it turned into 15.  My body just would not kick-start itself again after the 8 and a half hour surgery.  We had to go step by step for each area and progress was quite slow.

Glad to report I got home on Thursday 20 August and am doing much better. 

In early October I'll return to the hospital to have the ileostomy surgery reversal and I'm hoping for a much shorter stay.

A major item within the surgery on 5 August was extensive pathology on both sites of my disease.  57 lymph nodes and several polyps were analyzed, as well as tissue from the sites.  All were negative.

I can now say, with a tear in my eye, a lump in my throat, but gladness in my heart, that I'm Cancer Free!

Wow. Congrats, and thanks again for all you have shared. While everyone's journey with this bstrd of a disease is different, your experiences explained here will make the journey that little bit less daunting for someone starting out
Hasta la victoria siempre

Rois

Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 25, 2020, 04:55:42 AM

Absolutely awesome news. Thank you for taking us on the journey with you, I have learned so much.

gerrykeegan

Fantastic news for you and your family.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

general

BH - Followed your illness from your first post. Inspirational does not come close.

Delighted to hear of your fantastic news - wishing you a long happy healthy life for many years ahead

quit yo jibbajabba

Milltown Row2

Brilliant stuff, to be where you are now after hearing the news for the first time is just incredible..

You have raised the awareness with these updates and certainly helped anyone that's dealing with it, I'm sure your outlook on life has changed also.

This disease can strike anybody at any stage of their life, the only way to have a chance with this is to see the signs, react early and give your body a chance.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Brilliant news Ballhopper!

You're an inspiration, man!

Jeepers Creepers

Franko

Absolutely brilliant.  Great news.  Thanks for sharing so eloquently with us all.  It has been both an education and an inspiration.