Mayo v Sligo CSFC 21st May 2017

Started by Farrandeelin, May 08, 2017, 08:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

An attention seeker requires attention, ignore him and he'd soon piss off.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 12, 2017, 01:58:45 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 12, 2017, 01:31:57 PM
Quote from: sligoman on May 12, 2017, 06:51:04 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 12, 2017, 01:08:21 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on May 11, 2017, 01:20:41 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 10, 2017, 02:45:36 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on May 09, 2017, 12:40:49 PM
How many points are mayo faxoured by

9 points according to Paddt Power. Mayo (-9) evens, Sligo (+9) 10/11, Handicap Draw (-9) 11/1.
thats a great beat i cant ee mayo winning by anymore than 8 points

We beat them by 9 by playing for 30 minutes in the second half and spotting them 8 points at the half. I know people on here have some sort of fetish for the poor mouth but if Mayo, a better team than us, want to they're fully able to beat Sligo by much more than 8 points.

Christ, their defense made AOS look like a forward the last time ye played..

A terrible shame for you that this superlative Roscommon side is only a little better than one of the poorest Sligo sides in decades. Is that the level you're striving for?

I think this is probably man-for-man one of the better Sligo squads in living memory. It's just some of them long since past their best. Sure they made two Connact finals since 2012, not many Sligo teams have done that. A chunk have even reached four and won one.

Roscommon doesn't worry much about Sligo, ever.

Good. Now toddle on to a different thread because this is Mayo Sligo.

I'm grand where I am. Mayo lads weren't too concerned with the titles of threads for Roscommon games stopping them commenting so I'm failing to see what if any point you have, besides a mistaken idea that game threads are supposed to only contain supporters from the counties playing.

sligoman

9 points according to Paddt Power. Mayo (-9) evens, Sligo (+9) 10/11, Handicap Draw (-9) 11/1.

We beat them by 9 by playing for 30 minutes in the second half and spotting them 8 points at the half. I know people on here have some sort of fetish for the poor mouth but if Mayo, a better team than us, want to they're fully able to beat Sligo by much more than 8 points.

A terrible shame for you that this superlative Roscommon side is only a little better than one of the poorest Sligo sides in decades. Is that the level you're striving for?

I think this is probably man-for-man one of the better Sligo squads in living memory. It's just some of them long since past their best. Sure they made two Connact finals since 2012, not many Sligo teams have done that. A chunk have even reached four and won one.

Glad to say that neither do Sligo worry about Roscommon much either. For the conceited outlook you display, your record against us in Championship isn't that great

The Sligo team over the last 3 or 4 years has been very poor, it's been made up of lads who are over the hill, some who are probably not up to the level required and some teenagers just in the door. We haven't really been expecting much but you have, it must hurt a lot more for you. Getting knocked out of the championship by underdogs in three straight years must hurt.

I hope we'll be back at a decent level in 3-4 years time though. Until then it's more or less damaged limitations for Sligo.

GalwayBayBoy

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on May 12, 2017, 02:09:31 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 12, 2017, 01:58:45 PM

Good. Now toddle on to a different thread because this is Mayo Sligo.

I'm grand where I am. Mayo lads weren't too concerned with the titles of threads for Roscommon games stopping them commenting so I'm failing to see what if any point you have, besides a mistaken idea that game threads are supposed to only contain supporters from the counties playing.

You keep mentioning Ros v Sligo. That'll do grand in a thread when the two of ye meet.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Now, now Syf, pride goes before a fall and all that sort of stuff.
You were throwing shapes last year in the lead up to the Connacht final and the result sickened you so much, that you stayed off the board for over a month or do you remember that?
Sligo aren't Galway but they don't have any fear of you nor should they.
You'll never come across any genuine Mayo poster who mocks Sligo  or anybody else for that matter. We all damn well know that we've taken too much for granted sometimes, like the game v Galway last year and we got a sickener. It does happen to the best of them and your crowd got stuffed as often as anyone else in the province.
A little bit of respect for worthy opposition won't do you a bit of harm.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

They are still waiting on stolen-sheep for Syfín to admit he got his League Final prediction wrong.
That was that Dublin would "hockey Kerry".
He's an absolute embarrassment to the rest of us.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 13, 2017, 10:26:13 AM

You were throwing shapes last year in the lead up to the Connacht final and the result sickened you so much, that you stayed off the board for over a month or do you remember that?
You'll never come across any genuine Mayo poster who mocks Sligo  or anybody else for that matter. We all damn well know that we've taken too much for granted sometimes, like the game v Galway last year and we got a sickener. It does happen to the best of them and your crowd got stuffed as often as anyone else in the province.

No, I don't remember that at all, Lar.

Mainly because I was posting the whole next week since we played Clare the following Saturday: http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=27168.0

There's a difference between plamas and saying it how it actually is, Lar. I've never had any interest in the fawning two-faced flattery some here waste their time on. I think some here are so indoctrinated by the idea of flattering the opposition they can't express what they really think no matter how hard they try, and when they see someone who does it's a shock to their system.

And you know well there's more than a few Mayo supporters who are too big for their boots..

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2017, 11:16:31 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 13, 2017, 10:26:13 AM

No, I don't remember that at all, Lar.

Mainly because I was posting the whole next week since we played Clare the following Saturday: http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=27168.0

There's a difference between plamas and saying it how it actually is, Lar. I've never had any interest in the fawning two-faced flattery some here waste their time on. I think some here are so indoctrinated by the idea of flattering the opposition they can't express what they really think no matter how hard they try, and when they see someone who does it's a shock to their system.

And you know well there's more than a few Mayo supporters who are too big for their boots..
Not on Mayo threads, you weren't. Peace and quiet was the order of the day back then. As regards plamás, I doubt if any Mayo fan would feel the need to talk up Sligo's chances or lull them into a false sense of security. Can you point out any time where you saw a genuine Mayo fan patronising Sligo players or followers? We remember how lucky we were in '12  and don't take anything for granted. Right now, if ye were playing Sligo, I'd put my 50c on Sligo because they know at least who their manager is.
And no, I don't know any Mayo supporters who are too big for their boots. There have been a few trolls from time to time but most of them don't hang around.
Unlike you, they can take a hint and f&*k off! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

rosnarun

QuoteNot on Mayo threads, you weren't. Peace and quiet was the order of the day back then. As regards plamás, I doubt if any Mayo fan would feel the need to talk up Sligo's chances or lull them into a false sense of security. Can you point out any time where you saw a genuine Mayo fan patronising Sligo players or followers? We remember how lucky we were in '12  and don't take anything for granted. Right now, if ye were playing Sligo, I'd put my 50c on Sligo because they know at least who their manager is.
And no, I don't know any Mayo supporters who are too big for their boots. There have been a few trolls from time to time but most of them don't hang around.
Unlike you, they can take a hint and f&*k off! ;D

no need for anyone to slag mayo . we provide all the negativity we need
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Mayowestros to win by 6 or more.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Any thoughts on teams??

I'd go with something like:

Clarke
Harrison Barrett Newcombe
Keegan Boyle Durcan
Parsons Kirby
Boland AOS Mcloughlin
Moran COC Higgins

Higgins playing sweeper

Cunny Funt

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 16, 2017, 09:43:11 PM
Any thoughts on teams??

I'd go with something like:

Clarke
Harrison Barrett Newcombe
Keegan Boyle Durcan
Parsons Kirby
Boland AOS Mcloughlin
Moran COC Higgins

Higgins playing sweeper

He's injured but a fit again Ger Cafferkey will likely start. I'd say Vaughan will get a start before Newcombe and maybe S O Shea instead Kirby.

macdanger2

Is Caff fit again? Would be great to see him start

Cunny Funt

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 16, 2017, 09:56:52 PM
Is Caff fit again? Would be great to see him start
Yes has played club championship football.