Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

There are a lot of smart people on this board. The kind of people who would get a job in Stormont! And I mean both the Harte supporters and the knockers.
All of the names mentioned from Harte to Holmes Logan to McGleenan Dooher to Cush are great Tyrone people. Dont be rude about them.

The Trap

I should definitely have included Art and Eugene in that.......Tyrone greats

Angelo

Quote from: Club boi on November 12, 2020, 02:52:20 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 12, 2020, 12:02:09 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on November 12, 2020, 11:44:40 AM
Dungannon Could be the big losers here.... Logan Dooher and Holmes... That is the word on the street in these parts!!

Didn't we have a failed tenure with joint managers before when Art and Eugene McKenna were at the helm.

Or who is the main man?

Doubt any of the 03-08 team will put their names forward if Harte is running out of respect.

Yeah probably the same respect shown when a few of the lads have went on The Sunday Game as soon as they left the panel, and SC a regular now

Who have been on the Sunday game panel?

Cavanagh and Brian McGuigan?

The only players who have came out somewhat strongly in that period against Harte have been Cavanagh and Mulligan and even Mulligan was telling Cavanagh to wind his neck in last year over Harte.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

The Trap

Angelo.......mcmenamin and jordan were on it too......and you dont have to do much digging to find former players (and current players) looking for a change. We do need to start talking to the national broadcaster again. I think we need a change but with the mess it's becoming there will be nobody looking to take over!

Angelo

Quote from: The Trap on November 12, 2020, 03:20:51 PM
Angelo.......mcmenamin and jordan were on it too......and you dont have to do much digging to find former players (and current players) looking for a change. We do need to start talking to the national broadcaster again. I think we need a change but with the mess it's becoming there will be nobody looking to take over!

When was Ricey on The Sunday Game?

I hope Tyrone never talk to the national broadcaster again, they have absolutely nothing but contempt for northern nationalists and their coverage of Tyrone has been utterly despicable in the past.

What former players who played with Harte in the 03-08 sides have publicly come forward and said he should not be reappointed?

southtyronegael

Rte were on tyrones side until 2011. Then Mickey decided to stick his nose where it didn't belong.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 12, 2020, 03:56:23 PM
Rte were on tyrones side until 2011. Then Mickey decided to stick his nose where it didn't belong.

RTE were never on Tyrone's side. Their rhetoric has always been anti-Ulster, anti-Northern, Brolly was out on his own before 2013 defending Tyrone before changing his tune.

What sort of fantasy land did you live in when Colm O'Rourke was making insulting comments about Brian Dooher and Pat Spillane was demeaning the football Tyrone played?

APM

Quote from: Angelo on November 12, 2020, 03:48:43 PM
Quote from: The Trap on November 12, 2020, 03:20:51 PM

When was Ricey on The Sunday Game?

I hope Tyrone never talk to the national broadcaster again, they have absolutely nothing but contempt for northern nationalists and their coverage of Tyrone has been utterly despicable in the past.

What former players who played with Harte in the 03-08 sides have publicly come forward and said he should not be reappointed?

Are you Mickey?

southtyronegael

Yes anti northern, yes anti Ulster to a degree but you couldn't say anti Tyrone specifically until after 2011.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 12, 2020, 04:08:06 PM
Yes anti northern, yes anti Ulster to a degree but you couldn't say anti Tyrone specifically until after 2011.

Yes you certainly could.

We have always got horrendous coverage and continue to do so. As I said before, the only thing that changed between pre 2011 and post 2011 was Joe Brolly's opinion.

southtyronegael

Rte were all over Tyrone during the all Ireland winning years. Loads of interviews, positive coverage, it was a much celebrated team and rightly so. You can't deny things changed in 2011 are still the same if not worse.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 12, 2020, 04:43:30 PM
Rte were all over Tyrone during the all Ireland winning years. Loads of interviews, positive coverage, it was a much celebrated team and rightly so. You can't deny things changed in 2011 are still the same if not worse.

They were not.

They were consistently running down Ulster football at a time it was top dog. Brolly was the only one of their panelists who spoke out against it.

southtyronegael

bannside

He got put of the other side of the bed that morning!

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 12, 2020, 06:43:46 PM
So what turned brolly off us?

McGleenan turns you on.... gets you all excited....could you not have kept that information to yourself?