NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: clarshack on March 04, 2023, 09:06:45 PM
The President's son got a right handy free at the end there. He must be in the untouchables status along with the Cliffords now.
it was a foul all day.

Armagh18

Jesus Donegal are bad. When we play we look the part but we're still not getting enough out of the forwards.

thewobbler

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 04, 2023, 09:37:06 PM
The President's son got a right handy free at the end there. He must be in the untouchables status along with the Cliffords now.
it was a foul all day.

He overcarried 3 separate times in the run that led to a dubious free

mrdeeds

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 04, 2023, 09:37:06 PM
it was a foul all day.

Never a foul. He pulled Donegal player.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Rossfan on March 04, 2023, 09:14:15 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on March 04, 2023, 08:53:28 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 04, 2023, 08:36:19 PM
Donegal lucky not to get a black card on that Armagh goal chance. No real consistency with refs on the black card rule after all these years.

47 mins played Armagh 0-8 Donegal 0-6
By the law the referee got it right with a yellow and not a black
Correct. It was a pull back, forward decided to fall.
Poor enough night for Jerome Henry, lot of invisible fouls leading to frees for Armagh.
A fine crowd there tonight.
I wouldn't let Jerome Henry near a Junior C club game, a consistently terrible ref, he's not up to it.

bennydorano

Christ that was a hard watch, I was standing at that thinking to myself I'll not be back to watch that dross again. Armagh are trying to manage games and sacrificing the fancy football, we play like a team that cedes MF from the throw in, very little long kicking, we'll be losing our reputation for entertainment. Hopefully our injuries will clear up or it'll be a short summer. I see Jarly og got MOTM, good 2nd half, but I thought Murnin was our best by a long shot. Some really poor performances tonight.

Donegal were awful, a few hoofs into the square in the 2nd half cant disguise the fact that it's mostly the same tepid, lateral, fearful dung.

greatpoint

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 04, 2023, 09:40:40 PM
Jesus Donegal are bad. When we play we look the part but we're still not getting enough out of the forwards.

Ye needed an incredibly biased referreeing performance to see the game out. Both teams very similar.

Armagh18

Quote from: greatpoint on March 04, 2023, 10:06:00 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 04, 2023, 09:40:40 PM

Ye needed an incredibly biased referring performance to see the game out. Both teams very similar.
Yeah big step up needed.

Taking the positives- Jarly Og was great second half, Murnin the same and Rian stood up again. Good to see Grugan back.

seanaglis

Poor enough from armagh. Plenty of football to be played yet this year, so no point peaking too early.

Murnin had a great game- he has been armaghs best player this year.

Seen James Morgan with the tracksuit on giving medals ti the kids after the half time games. Would be good to see him togged out again- anyone know if that is far away?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: bennydorano on March 04, 2023, 09:53:09 PM
Christ that was a hard watch, I was standing at that thinking to myself I'll not be back to watch that dross again. Armagh are trying to manage games and sacrificing the fancy football, we play like a team that cedes MF from the throw in, very little long kicking, we'll be losing our reputation for entertainment. Hopefully our injuries will clear up or it'll be a short summer. I see Jarly og got MOTM, good 2nd half, but I thought Murnin was our best by a long shot. Some really poor performances tonight.

Donegal were awful, a few hoofs into the square in the 2nd half cant disguise the fact that it's mostly the same tepid, lateral, fearful dung.

Are you one of those supporters that looks for entertainment 1st and positive/important results 2nd?  Newcastle across the water in 90s was known as the great entertainers and won nothing.  Armagh need a new reputation of hard to beat and eventually successful team.

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 04, 2023, 10:13:40 PM

Are you one of those supporters that looks for entertainment 1st and positive/important results 2nd?  Newcastle across the water in 90s was known as the great entertainers and won nothing.  Armagh need a new reputation of hard to beat and eventually successful team.
Being overly defensive won't win much either- we aren't scoring enough at the minute. Need to play to our strengths more- some unreal forwards but just aren't using them right.

Throw ball

Was at Armagh v Donegal game and after reading posts here watched second half again. The Jarly Burns frees given by the referee were always going to be given. Nowadays you cannot pull at a player or put you hand on a shoulder, especially when he is travelling so fast. Armagh have been poor this year but even at the game I never thought Armagh were going to lose. Each time Donegal got close Armagh pushed ahead again. They also had a couple to good goal scoring chances  Donegal have plenty of work to do. As for the referee when watching it again he wasn't as bad as I thought in real time. I also note how when Armagh give away more frees than opposition we are told they don't know how to tackle but when give away less the referee is biased.

seafoid

A spell in D2 would probably do Donegal a lot of good. It worked for Galway and Roscommon.

onefineday

One might say that a game should indeed be entertainment. When too many games can't provide that it's time to look at the rules. First half of Derry v Dublin last night was equally mind numbing stuff, rugby league without the hits or tackle rule, thankfully the game opened up in the second half, but I suspect we'll see plenty of this before the season is out.

bennydorano

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 04, 2023, 10:18:09 PM

Being overly defensive won't win much either- we aren't scoring enough at the minute. Need to play to our strengths more- some unreal forwards but just aren't using them right.
I didn't realise it had to be a binary choice either? I often see or hear people & commentators saying Gaelic is turning into basketball, I'd say its getting more like Rugby League and that is never a compliment. Plus, I'm not lambasting Armagh, I've been going to matches for 40 odd years through thick and a lot of thin, we're just capable of more with this team.