NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Rossfan on February 01, 2023, 11:56:17 AM
Some done, a lot to do.....

That's the way I look at it.

We Donegal supporters thoroughly enjoyed Sunday, but I think we're still in for a serious fight to stay in the division.

We're away to the other three Ulster teams as well as the Rossies.

Home to Mayo and Galway, with the Galway game in f**king O'Donnell Park, our bogie pitch.

We could easily fail to get the required six points.

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on February 01, 2023, 10:43:16 AM

Still only 22, Cregg also hit 1-5 in the Sigerson Cup first round win over Munster Technological University. He's in his third year of a dairy business degree at UCD (his father Gerard runs a 80-acre dairy farm in Boyle).

I think he's only 20.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Wasn't he  on the u20s last year? He'd only turn 21 this year then.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 01, 2023, 06:00:51 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 01, 2023, 10:43:16 AM

Still only 22, Cregg also hit 1-5 in the Sigerson Cup first round win over Munster Technological University. He's in his third year of a dairy business degree at UCD (his father Gerard runs a 80-acre dairy farm in Boyle).

I think he's only 20.
Subediting has gone to the dogs. Tsk tsk

armaghniac

Announced that the Armagh-Mayo game is sold out.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Quote from: armaghniac on February 02, 2023, 09:00:15 AM

Surely Athletic Grounds is not sold out for a league game...what's that roughly 17-18k?. I got two tickets at the start of the week and even then i had to wait on second batch to come out...this is unheard of if true for a league game.
On the game itself...on the eye test Mayo looks to be a few weeks further down the road than Armagh if last weeks games are anything to go by and if thats the case they may just edge this one. However, if there's one thing i've learned for following Armagh for over 3 decades is always expect the unexpected and they never dissapoint. Two Monaghan guys standing beside me on Sat nite were ready to go home just after Armagh had their wee purple patch and I said don't go anywhere it's Armagh you're playing...5 mins after saying that there was 1 point in it...lol.
Armagh for me just need to find 2-3 players on top of what they have and the'd be a serious team but unfortunately the 3 players needed are in key positions...we need a serious midfielder, an imposing athletic CHB and another quality forward the first two more so than the forward. I suppose this could be the case for most of the top 10 teams in Ireland though and that's why they are where they are.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

seafoid

That is a great sign

Louther

Can still buy Armagh V Mayo tickets online.

Armagh18

Quote from: illdecide on February 02, 2023, 09:26:06 AM

Surely Athletic Grounds is not sold out for a league game...what's that roughly 17-18k?. I got two tickets at the start of the week and even then i had to wait on second batch to come out...this is unheard of if true for a league game.
On the game itself...on the eye test Mayo looks to be a few weeks further down the road than Armagh if last weeks games are anything to go by and if thats the case they may just edge this one. However, if there's one thing i've learned for following Armagh for over 3 decades is always expect the unexpected and they never dissapoint. Two Monaghan guys standing beside me on Sat nite were ready to go home just after Armagh had their wee purple patch and I said don't go anywhere it's Armagh you're playing...5 mins after saying that there was 1 point in it...lol.
Armagh for me just need to find 2-3 players on top of what they have and the'd be a serious team but unfortunately the 3 players needed are in key positions...we need a serious midfielder, an imposing athletic CHB and another quality forward the first two more so than the forward. I suppose this could be the case for most of the top 10 teams in Ireland though and that's why they are where they are.
Hope McCambridge can become that CHB, McCabe not  bad player  either. Crealy, Mackin, Oisin O'Neill all to come in as midfield options, we're usually strong enough there with Rian, Murnin and Duffy good kickout options.

I'd hate to be trying to pick 6 starting forwards as well tbh. Soupy, Grugan, TK, Rian, Murnin and Nugent look the most likely at the minute, Turbitt, Ross McQuillan, Duffy and others good options off the bench as well.

Mayo will be huge challenge this weekend given the bodies we're missing but I do think they can be got at defensively given the loss of Mullin and Keegan 2 of the best defenders in the country. Midfield definitely a worry for us t the weekend though.

Funnily enough I said the exact same when we were in front on Saturday, anything can happen. Maybe a good sign though that we saw it out

armaghniac

Quote from: Louther on February 02, 2023, 09:48:49 AM

RTÉ said it was sold out on the radio. I expect the tickets will not be on sale indefinitely.

I agree that it is surprising. Mayo have good support, but it is fair oul drive.
The ground was full for Tyrone last year, but that is a short journey for the visitors.

Armagh18

Quote from: armaghniac on February 02, 2023, 10:50:10 AM

RTÉ said it was sold out on the radio. I expect the tickets will not be on sale indefinitely.

I agree that it is surprising. Mayo have good support, but it is fair oul drive.
The ground was full for Tyrone last year, but that is a short journey for the visitors.
Armagh always come out in good numbers as do Mayo, our run last year will probably get the extra few bandwagoners out as well weather dependent.

naka

saw that, think rte is wrong
county board expect around 16k at the game

Rossfan

Some turn out for a February League match!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Perhaps it is an attempt to boost ticket sales.
The weather forecast is for dry, if cool, weather. Probably, a bit like Armagh V Mayo last year. A similar result is possible too, Armagh competitive but a couple of points short all the same.

Louther

I see that more and more games have the €5 charge for league games for u16s on the basis of limited capacity. With the price increase and this charge, it's a big income earner for league games.