NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: tyrone08 on January 19, 2023, 06:01:43 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 19, 2023, 05:49:17 PM
Hopefully the Armagh players don't pick up on the fear of some of the supporters on here! I'm quite hopeful that we will do well this year. We proved last year that we have the measure of Tyrone and are at least the equal of Donegal. We are also more than capable of beating Monaghan and Roscommon so all we have to do is get another win from the remaining games which is perfectly doable. I think we could just as easily win the League as get relegated but I wouldn't lose much sleep over it either as the most important competition for us this year is to try and win an Ulster championship and end the trophy drought.

Not entirely sure 1 good year against a tyrone team which were rubbish means you have the measure of them.

They might have been rubbish last year but they were AI champions the year before that. Some people might argue over the merits of that AI victory but we played and beat them 3 times last season. The reality is that there is probably not much between the 2 sides which is similar to most of the division apart from Kerry.

square_ball

Only people who don't like Tyrone would argue the merits of their 2021 AI. They beat Cavan, Donegal, Monaghan, Kerry and Mayo. A fully deserved and merited AI win I don't think there can be any argument whatsoever.

As for Tyrone this year I think everyone in the county expects a much better year and I think we will get it. I don't think Kerry are that far ahead of the pack to be honest.

Armagh18

Quote from: square_ball on January 20, 2023, 01:37:14 PM
Only people who don't like Tyrone would argue the merits of their 2021 AI. They beat Cavan, Donegal, Monaghan, Kerry and Mayo. A fully deserved and merited AI win I don't think there can be any argument whatsoever.

As for Tyrone this year I think everyone in the county expects a much better year and I think we will get it. I don't think Kerry are that far ahead of the pack to be honest.
As much as I hate to admit it Tyrone deserved their AI in 2021 unfortunately. Agree with yku there isn't a whole pile between a lot of teams, think ourselves and Tyrone will be at a similar level and would give both of us a solid chance vs Kerry.

seafoid

Tyrone never do back to back. They always mix the sublime with the ridiculous the year after. They could easily win this year.

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on January 20, 2023, 03:26:05 PM
Tyrone never do back to back. They always mix the sublime with the ridiculous the year after. They could easily win this year.
Yeah I think they're in with a real chance this year tbh.

tonto1888

Can this nonsense stop? Tyrone werent handed an AI they won it on merit by beating every team they played ffs

Armagh18

Sure they faked a covid crisis and poisoned Kerrys water bottles ;)

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 20, 2023, 03:32:44 PM
Can this nonsense stop? Tyrone werent handed an AI they won it on merit by beating every team they played ffs
Boke.

blanketattack

Can't see Kerry winning a 4th league title in a row, as a lot of players will be rested such as the two Cliffords and a lot of new squad members have been added and will get run outs.
Plus Kerry mightn't have the same intensity to win a league without Dublin in it as well.
Also, the league (well Div 1 anyway) will be much less important than last year with the round robin system coming in for the Championship.
Tyrone to beat Mayo in the league final.

Captain Obvious

Monaghan v Armagh live on BBC iplayer.

seafoid

You can lose your first 3 matches and still stay up

armaghniac

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 23, 2023, 05:27:04 PM

Which is fine if you live in the North. Will it work in Monaghan?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

weareros

Quote from: seafoid on January 23, 2023, 07:22:58 PM

You could win your first 3 and go down. Happened us in 2003. Ironically 14 man Ros were the only team to beat Tyrone that year. We have not beat the haitches since. Hope we can correct that on Sunday.

NotedObserver

Quote from: weareros on January 23, 2023, 08:07:40 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 23, 2023, 07:22:58 PM

You could win your first 3 and go down. Happened us in 2003. Ironically 14 man Ros were the only team to beat Tyrone that year. We have not beat the haitches since. Hope we can correct that on Sunday.

How are Roscommon looking?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: armaghniac on January 23, 2023, 07:43:01 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 23, 2023, 05:27:04 PM

Which is fine if you live in the North. Will it work in Monaghan?

Using a VPN should work.