2020/21 All Ireland Football Championship

Started by Angelo, June 06, 2020, 10:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Wrong about what?
Anyway the fixtures are all announced including Ros v London weekend 31st October ( travel restrictions allowing).
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

I will be interested to see if the Donegal and Tyrone County boards speak up against it.

It's a farce really. Galway can make a de facto All Ireland quarter final by virtue of beating a Div 4 team in Sligo while Tyrone and Donegal go into a knockout tie at the round of 32.

I hope there is strong resistance to this by the Ulster counties.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Rossfan

Quote from: hardstation on June 26, 2020, 12:31:13 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2020, 12:24:41 PM
Wrong about what?

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2020, 09:14:07 PM
The reported proposed football Championship just suits Kerry and Dublin
It still suits only Kery and Dublin.
Angelo  sure Galway have been favourites to take over from Dublin every year since 2016 ;D
On a serious note will many players opt out of Club and/or County?
Players who work in the Health Service e.g. Mc Caffrey, R Wylie or need to protect vulnerable relatives.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2020, 12:43:23 PM
Wrong about what?

Angelo  sure Galway have been favourites to take over from Dublin every year since 2016 ;D
Players who work in the Health Service e.g. Mc Caffrey, R Wylie or need to protect vulnerable relatives.

Galway only need to win 4 games to capture the All Ireland and the first one of those is against a Div 4 side who they have beaten in Connacht the previous two years by 13 and 21 points.

Manning18

Quote from: Angelo on June 26, 2020, 12:54:41 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2020, 12:43:23 PM
Wrong about what?

Galway only need to win 4 games to capture the All Ireland and the first one of those is against a Div 4 side who they have beaten in Connacht the previous two years by 13 and 21 points.

Connacht were due to meet Ulster in the semi and Dublin due to meet Kerry in the other. Theyve switched this to make it Leinster v Ulster. Connacht and Ulster counties should be up in arms.

Galway have an easy run to a connacht final but very tough from there. Kerry are the big winners and have by far the easiest run. Followed by Dublin

Eire90

once again the gaa scared of provinces provinces are destroying the game maybe should be abolished at all levels

Eire90

when did they switch it so they have switched it to make it easier for a dublin v kerry final if thats the case why is their not a big uproar

Eire90

i am very happy with the saturday final tho saturday under lights i would have all finals on a saturday if it was me.

Itchy

Very disappointed to see that there is no 2nd chance for teams of some sort or that zero innovation went into this plan. It stinks of we need the big games at semi final and final stage and the rest is just window dressing. I think counties will really struggle to keep their players interested this year.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Eire90 on June 26, 2020, 01:16:07 PM
when did they switch it so they have switched it to make it easier for a dublin v kerry final if thats the case why is their not a big uproar
I'm waiting for the explanation for the changes to what were the presumed semi final pairings, it matches the U20 pairings this year but seems to disregard the Senior pairings the past few years, doesn't match the way Minor has been paired either.
Last non Super 8 season was Leinster v Ulster and Connacht v Munster.

rodney trotter

It wouldn't have been possible to have a backdoor system unless they wanted to continue it into January. They wanted it done in  the Calendar year and then plan for 2021 season.
A knockout will be interesting for the year that's in it.  A second wave is predicted around October, so it could go belly up yet.

GetOverTheBar

It's the best of a bad situation.

A few months ago life as we knew it was over. Lets get on with it lads. Something positive to look forward to.

Eire90

32 team open knockout would have been great you would have had 16 games taking place over the country on weekend plenty of action then another 8 games the week after that then for quarter finals they could have gone 2 games saturday 2 games sunday.

Eire90

What time will all ireland final throw in  i personally prefer 4 or 4.30