Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123Bigball

So what the story with Sunday then.450 max crowd or 450 including stewards and panels. Be some people coming in through the hedges looking to see the game.

bannside

Big boost for Cargin. Mick and Marty both cleared to play in Sundays final.

Calm Down

Quote from: bannside on September 16, 2020, 10:40:07 AM
Big boost for Cargin. Mick and Marty both cleared to play in Sundays final.

Wonder what the evidence was which was presented?

Dunsilly King

Heard BBC had videoed the game also and that video captured all of the incident and was used at the ccc hearing

123Bigball

Officials must have back tracked if they both exonerated! Them 2 officials judgement will be questioned at every opportunity now. Are we better to go back to if the ref didn't see it no one seen it then.

imtommygunn

Then what is the point in the other officials?

123Bigball

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 16, 2020, 11:10:39 AM
Heard BBC had videoed the game also and that video captured all of the incident and was used at the ccc hearing

Well then however said they did strike when they didn't should never get a game again in Antrim.

Calm Down

Quote from: 123Bigball on September 16, 2020, 11:14:59 AM
Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 16, 2020, 11:10:39 AM

Well then however said they did strike when they didn't should never get a game again in Antrim.

Speaking to a gent last night who suggested our esteemed Chairman was giving a statement on behalf of Mick McCann that he witnessed the incident and that there was no strike. This raises real questions as to McCavana's role in the County Board, he is getting too involved in my opinion and it appears he does not know where his 'power' begins and ends. Further if this is the case if I were Big Ball Small Ball I would be driving to the County Office today and dropping off my Antrim referee jerseys

BrendanAntrim

What if our Chairman happened was at the match and happened to have a good view of the incident? Should he then simply stay quiet because he is the Chairman? Surely an independent witness with a useful contribution to make can make it, regardless of position within the county.

Calm Down

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on September 16, 2020, 11:22:39 AM
What if our Chairman happened was at the match and happened to have a good view of the incident? Should he then simply stay quiet because he is the Chairman? Surely an independent witness with a useful contribution to make can make it, regardless of position within the county.

In a round about way you make my point, you believe as he is chairman his word is more believable than others?

How many independent witnesses do we listen to then, is his word more believable than the linesman who informed the ref of the transgression? Is he not neutral?

BrendanAntrim

I don't think anyone should be ruled out of giving their account just because of their status. Mistakes can be made, it is clear from the video there was no headbutt. Isn't it better that is resolved prior to the final rather than afterwards?

Calm Down

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on September 16, 2020, 11:28:30 AM
I don't think anyone should be ruled out of giving their account just because of their status. Mistakes can be made, it is clear from the video there was no headbutt. Isn't it better that is resolved prior to the final rather than afterwards?

How many times, the video does not show the full incident, so are you saying that Jarlath was mistaken in what he saw or is it the fact he down right lie and set out to stitch McCann up? Which is it?

123Bigball

But the BBC evidence which was presented must show the full incident. Therefore the officials are in question now surely. Stand down or be stood down.

Calm Down

Quote from: 123Bigball on September 16, 2020, 11:38:13 AM
But the BBC evidence which was presented must show the full incident. Therefore the officials are in question now surely. Stand down or be stood down.

Is this footage on the BBC website?

I don't think the officials are being stood down, McDonald was:

Referee for IHC final on Saturday past
Stanby ref for SHC final on Sunday past
Is Standby for IFC final on Saturday coming

The whole thing is a mess

imtommygunn

What is this? The anti officials thread?

A mistake was made. You know... a mistake.

It's not the EPL where officials get stood down either.