Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Canalman on August 02, 2011, 09:29:38 AM
Watched Kingpin again last night. A class comedy.

Also watched Something about Mary at the weekend, the police interrogation scene must be one of the funniest and well acted around.

Remember seeing Kingpin in the cinema, loved it.  To this day there has not been many hotter women in films than Vanessa Angel was when in Kingpin, especially in that white dress.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BerfArmagh

I watched without doubt the worst movie I have ever seen last week - 'The Happening'... shocking acting, script & direction

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BerfArmagh on August 02, 2011, 12:50:52 PM
I watched without doubt the worst movie I have ever seen last week - 'The Happening'... shocking acting, script & direction

+1
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Puckoon

Watched the Adjustment Bureau last night. WAs enjoyable enough until the end - but as with many movies the trailer makes it look much better than it actually is.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 02, 2011, 10:19:37 AM
Quote from: Canalman on August 02, 2011, 09:29:38 AM
Watched Kingpin again last night. A class comedy.

Also watched Something about Mary at the weekend, the police interrogation scene must be one of the funniest and well acted around.

Remember seeing Kingpin in the cinema, loved it.  To this day there has not been many hotter women in films than Vanessa Angel was when in Kingpin, especially in that white dress.
I'd say they had to clean up more than spilled popcorn when you left the cinema!

Radda bout yeee

Watched Horrible Bosses there recently - Very average! Tempted to leave half way through but stuck it out!

Bogball XV

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 02, 2011, 01:15:44 PM
Quote from: BerfArmagh on August 02, 2011, 12:50:52 PM

+1
+2

Can't recall having seen worse.  Nobody should waste that hour and a half of their life with this.

The Iceman

Watched "The Way Back" at the weekend there. Film wasnt fantastic by any means but the story was great and a decent cast. Based on a true story and was crazy to think anyone went through that....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

orchard 8195

think there is a lotve controversy as to how much of the way back is actually true!!

laoislad

Watched Super 8 last night. There is a DVD quality torrent of it on piratebay.
I thought it was a decent movie and enjoyed it alot.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AFS

The Adjustment Bureau: A boring love story refereed by CIA angels in funny hats. Utter shite.

True Grit:
Pretty good. Couple of strong central characters and and solid story.

Wasted On The Young:
Australian thriller. Different, cool and very very good.

tbrick18

Watched Due Date at the weekend....pure rubbish.

ONeill

Fell asleep during Super 8. Even though its charm was meant to be in the familiarity and nod to ET and the Goonies, it justy bored me for that same reason.

Cars 2 was middlin. Fell asleep as well.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Iceman

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 09, 2011, 12:27:18 PM
crap - have it at the house to watch tonight!!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: The Iceman on August 09, 2011, 08:55:07 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on August 09, 2011, 12:27:18 PM
crap - have it at the house to watch tonight!!
Dont heed another persons opinion, i thought it was brilliant. Watch it and judge for yourself...
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"