Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Horrible bosses is very funny.

8 out of 10. The funniest comedy that has been out in a while. The best of the American comedies that has been released this year.

NAG1

Any one know any good sites for downloading movies, not that I would be into that sort of activity just asking for a friend!

laoislad

Saw The Guard last night. Not all that funny IMO.
It was ok but not as good as I thought it was going to be.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lurganblue

Watched that film after life with Liam neeson and Christina ricci. Apart from Christina being in the raw for the vast majority of the film I thought it was brutal.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 22, 2011, 11:54:39 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 21, 2011, 11:25:08 PM
Seen HP8 part 2 and thoroughly enjoyed it, 9/10

Seen Lincoln laywer and enjoyed 8.5/10

Cant believe people didnt enjoy the Adjustment Bureau, im honestly shocked tbh how different we are,
Don't worry about it, i'm just old and cynical.

I tried to watch the Adjustment Bureau and fell asleep twice. Thought it was rubbish.

Bogball XV

Quote from: NAG1 on July 26, 2011, 09:03:05 AM
Any one know any good sites for downloading movies, not that I would be into that sort of activity just asking for a friend!
there's a swedish one, The Buccaneers Cove or something like that that's pretty good, or so my mate told me!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 26, 2011, 10:13:20 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on July 22, 2011, 11:54:39 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 21, 2011, 11:25:08 PM
Seen HP8 part 2 and thoroughly enjoyed it, 9/10

Seen Lincoln laywer and enjoyed 8.5/10

Cant believe people didnt enjoy the Adjustment Bureau, im honestly shocked tbh how different we are,
Don't worry about it, i'm just old and cynical.

I tried to watch the Adjustment Bureau and fell asleep twice. Thought it was rubbish.
Fair enough, i wouldnt say that bogball, were all different, Abbeysider that reminds me the only film i fell asleep during was Tomb Raider in the cinema, after the shower scene of course, ;)

Saw Unknown recently and enjoyed it 8/10, neeson is a good lead actor...

Looking forward to Super 8, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Cowboys and Aliens and Captain America in the next few weeks.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 26, 2011, 11:27:43 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on July 26, 2011, 09:03:05 AM
there's a swedish one, The Buccaneers Cove or something like that that's pretty good, or so my mate told me!

:D, took a while for the penny to drop...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Dinny Breen

The Guard was very good, plenty of laughs but it had a dark side that I really liked. Definite recommendation.
#newbridgeornowhere

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 26, 2011, 03:49:47 PM
The Guard was very good, plenty of laughs but it had a dark side that I really liked. Definite recommendation.
laoislad says you're wrong.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 26, 2011, 04:46:26 PM

A recommendation in itself.
#newbridgeornowhere

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 26, 2011, 04:46:26 PM

Careful Tony, Dinny might hit us with his manbag.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AFS

Watched a few in the last week.

Source Code: Solid opening hour, but a soppy last half hour ruined it a bit.

Insidious: Like a cross between Poltergiet and Paranormal Activity, only not as good as either. Average enough.

Submarine: Nothing too original, just a British version of the quirky, coming of age comedy. I like those types of movies though, so I like this too.

The Way Back: Can understand why a lot of people didn't like this, the story isn't that riveting. Just a lot of walking for a couple of hours. The imagery is amazing though, and since I have a bit of an odd fascination with the kind of desolate, remote places that this movie was set in, it kept me happy.

whitegoodman

Neesons last 2 big films Taken and Unknown were very good imo, particularly Taken

CiKe

Saw True Grit and Hereafter at the weekend. Really liked them both. Had the misfortune to have to sit through No Strings Attached. Pile of dung.