Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: Declan on July 18, 2011, 02:07:27 PM
Went with the kids to watch Harry Potter at the weekend - very enjoyable

Yup, watched it yesterday. Much more enjoyable than part 1 of the deathly hallows.

Tried to watch fear and loathing in las vegas last night. Couldn't get into it at all, even in the right frame of mind.

laoislad

Quote from: Declan on July 18, 2011, 02:07:27 PM
Went with the kids to watch Harry Potter at the weekend - very enjoyable

I'd rather meet Hardy for a pint than watch that.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hardy

I'd rather you watched the film, thanks.

lurganblue

Watched Harry potter 3d last night. I thought it was just ok tbh. That was my first 3d cinema experience and I must say I wasn't overly impressed by that aspect of the film

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Canalman

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 18, 2011, 02:29:47 PM
Quote from: Canalman on July 18, 2011, 10:22:46 AM
Saw The Searchers again on Friday night. This film just leaves me cold, can't really see how it gets all the plaudits and I am a big fan of John Ford. Have watched it umpteen times and am still not too impressed.
why on earth would you keep on watching it??

Honestly, it is so highly lauded that when it is on tv I usually give it another try. A watchable flick imo but not the legendary film many think it is. Won't watch it again. Nothing else was on last Friday night anyhows.

Watched The Departed last night for the third time last night and it is a film growing on me. Didn't think much of it after first viewing. Very hard though to warm to a film with Damon in it.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Canalman on July 18, 2011, 06:02:29 PM
Saw The Searchers again on Friday night. This film just leaves me cold, can't really see how it gets all the plaudits and I am a big fan of John Ford. Have watched it umpteen times and am still not too impressed.

Honestly, it is so highly lauded that when it is on tv I usually give it another try. A watchable flick imo but not the legendary film many think it is. Won't watch it again. Nothing else was on last Friday night anyhows.

Watched The Departed last night for the third time last night and it is a film growing on me. Didn't think much of it after first viewing. Very hard though to warm to a film with Damon in it.
I liked The Departed, watched that other Boston flick 'The Town' recently, could have been so much better.

I also watched The Adjustment Bureau the other night, been looking forward to it for months - very disappointed, pretty poor imo.

paco

Just after watching Grizzly Man, it's more of a documentary than a film, anyone ever seen it? Tragic story, your man really seemed to be losing his mind towards the end of it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 19, 2011, 03:45:30 PM
Quote from: Canalman on July 18, 2011, 06:02:29 PM

I liked The Departed, watched that other Boston flick 'The Town' recently, could have been so much better.

I also watched The Adjustment Bureau the other night, been looking forward to it for months - very disappointed, pretty poor imo.
I didn't think The Adjustment Bureau was nearly as bad as reported but would also say it was nothing special. 6/10.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: paco on July 21, 2011, 07:37:56 PM
Just after watching Grizzly Man, it's more of a documentary than a film, anyone ever seen it? Tragic story, your man really seemed to be losing his mind towards the end of it.

Yeah i've seen it Paco.

Timothy Treadwell seemed a strange character.

Thought it was really interesting though.

SLIGONIAN

Seen HP8 part 2 and thoroughly enjoyed it, 9/10

Seen Lincoln laywer and enjoyed 8.5/10

Cant believe people didnt enjoy the Adjustment Bureau, im honestly shocked tbh how different we are,
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

screenexile

Saw the Guard last night and had tears streaming down my face last night . . . hilarious. For an Englishman writing the Screenplay he had an excellent knowledge of local Irish humour! See it if you can!

ONeill

Quote from: screenexile on July 22, 2011, 09:07:33 AM
Saw the Guard last night and had tears streaming down my face last night

Picked a bad night to go to the pictures then.   Can I suggest a spoonful of honey.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Capt Pat

Quote from: screenexile on July 22, 2011, 09:07:33 AM
Saw the Guard last night and had tears streaming down my face last night . . . hilarious. For an Englishman writing the Screenplay he had an excellent knowledge of local Irish humour! See it if you can!

He might have been born in England but hes an Irish traveller. That is where his insight is coming from.

Bogball XV

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 21, 2011, 11:25:08 PM
Seen HP8 part 2 and thoroughly enjoyed it, 9/10

Seen Lincoln laywer and enjoyed 8.5/10

Cant believe people didnt enjoy the Adjustment Bureau, im honestly shocked tbh how different we are,
Don't worry about it, i'm just old and cynical.