Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I didn't know about the rule that movies must be entertaining. Sorry.

Puckoon

Tony Baloney

Aye cheers Pat. Any other films you can reveal the ending on?

Olly

I can never understand why movie makers stick to the story when they are filming films about real events. EG - why not have the Titanic reach America and everyone just had an average journey. You would leave the cinema amazed. Or maybe Michael Collins completes his journey and nothing happens.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Nally Stand

Read the reviews for Garage here and it sounded good, so I went and read a few more on the net and it was getting rave reviews everywhere. So I went to play.com and purchased.

....And then I see Capt Pats post which kindly ruined the ending for me. Cheers lad. You owe me a £5.89. Plus compensation.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Bogball XV

Quote from: Nally Stand on July 05, 2011, 08:26:58 PM
Read the reviews for Garage here and it sounded good, so I went and read a few more on the net and it was getting rave reviews everywhere. So I went to play.com and purchased.

....And then I see Capt Pats post which kindly ruined the ending for me. Cheers lad. You owe me a £5.89. Plus compensation.
Im with Pat on this one, thank him for stopping you wasting a few hours of your life on The Garage.  That's maybe harsh, but I'd heard great reviews and it was a disappointment to me.

But he shouldn't have posted , no way anybody would sit through it now that they know the ending.

AbbeySider

And the vvanker of the year award goes to...

I still think its worth a look. Although slow moving, the script and dialog is excellent and really captures country speak and mannerisms. Id say that city folk wouldn't really appreciate that as much. It also portrays small town mentality and touches on issues of bullying and awkward teenage issues.

Again worth a look, but if your after a thrill and eye candy from every film then give it a miss

Forever Green

Anyone seen the film Basic with John Travolta and Samuel L Jackson? Thought it is was a good watch with an intriguing storyline

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

shawshank

Fireflies in the Garden, I have watched this twice and think it is a super movie, stars Willem Dapoe.

Hardy

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on July 06, 2011, 12:41:52 PM
For Pat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuSdU8tbcHY&feature=related

There's a whole series of these. Will save you weeks.
Is there one for The Sixth Sense in which Bruce Willis is not actually alive and is indeed "dead people"? Erm, oooppss!  ;)

Offalylad

Saw the new Transformers movie last night. Wouldn't really recommend it, thought it dragged out a bit. Not bad all the same though.

MoChara

Watched the Guard the other day in the cinema, its the new Brendan Gleeson movie, pure Irish humour in it. Has to be seen.