Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

I saw the new  X Men movie tonight. Average

6 out of 10

attheraces

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 03, 2011, 12:20:49 AM
Quote from: attheraces on June 02, 2011, 02:51:12 PM
City of God is in Portugese but it is an absolute master piece. It's my favourite foreign film bar none.
super show alright, one scene in particular always stands out for me.  Have you watched the other one 'city of men'?

No I've never watched it, never even knew about it to be honest. Is it a sequel yeh? Any good? I might download it from pirate bay itunes here now.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Capt Pat

Quote from: andoireabu on June 02, 2011, 08:27:22 PM
13 assassins.  Great film.  Fighting when there are no subtitles and subtitles when there is no fighting.  Win win.

It is a serious movie. The final battle scene is epic.

Radda bout yeee

City of God is in Portugese but it is an absolute master piece. It's my favourite foreign film bar none.
super show alright, one scene in particular always stands out for me.  Have you watched the other one 'city of men'?

Have to agree - UNREAL show. Which scene stands out for you? I like the scene at the cool lads going away party if that makes sense!

HiMucker

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on June 03, 2011, 10:35:05 AM

Have to agree - UNREAL show. Which scene stands out for you? I like the scene at the cool lads going away party if that makes sense!
Is it the scene were Ze makes the boy choose which kid to kill and then shoots the wee kid in the foot.  Brutal scene.

Seen Secret in their eyes last night.  Very good

Bogball XV

Quote from: HiMucker on June 03, 2011, 10:47:08 AM

Is it the scene were Ze makes the boy choose which kid to kill and then shoots the wee kid in the foot.  Brutal scene.

aye, that's the one - reminded me of the going out in derry one night ;)

Bogball XV

Quote from: attheraces on June 03, 2011, 01:27:01 AM

No I've never watched it, never even knew about it to be honest. Is it a sequel yeh? Any good? I might download it from pirate bay itunes here now.
I have it in the house but haven't had the chance to watch it yet - i think it's not exactly a sequel, more a follow on with different characters.

bloodybreakball

I thought there was a great ending to 'city og god'.
ameilie is my favourite foirgien langauge film, absolutely brilliant, one of the tag lines on the dvd says' it's perfect' and i have tp agree with that fantastic film. again audrey tatou is a good reason to watch it.
unfortunately ive never seen love me if you dare, must look it out if you's boys says its a good film. seen there recently marion collitard had a baby with the fella out of that, for i seen on some website she had a wean and i though dicaprio was still plonking her, but now i know better

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 03, 2011, 12:35:43 PM

What shootings or the disco scene? lol

Radda bout yeee

Saw Hangover 2 last night. it was good enough - basically the same storyline with most of the same classic lines but still enjoyed it! If its not broke don't fix it i suppose! Doubt if they'll get a third out of it though!

HiMucker

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on June 03, 2011, 01:26:17 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on June 03, 2011, 12:35:43 PM

What shootings or the disco scene? lol
Lads, Lads, yous are talking about the city of culture here, have a bit of respect!  Now if you excuse me theres we bast**ds out in the yard stealing pallets  :D

The Iceman

Harry Potter - Deathly Hollows Part 1 - very disappointing
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

HiMucker

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 03, 2011, 01:19:23 AM
I saw the new  X Men movie tonight. Average

6 out of 10
Went to see it last night.  Thought it was pretty good if you like comic hero films 7.5/10.  Hugh Jackman cameo was good

nrico2006

Watched the first hour of True Grit last night, very slow so far and can barely understand a word Jeff Bridges was saying.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EagleLord

Seen it a while ago too, that True Grit. Very slow and just plaine boring like, I wish I handn't watched the rest.