Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Haven't seen anything near spectecular in terms of the 3d side of things. It's surprising no films have been made specifically for showcasing 3d cinema.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Don Johnson

I wear glasses. Would the 3-D glasses fit over my specs or what?

Have never watched a film in 3-D.

ziggysego

Quote from: AbbeySider on May 25, 2011, 09:12:12 AM
Cant wait for Titanic in 3D

That makes me laugh. James Cameron has often said that people should not be allowed to release films in 3D that were not originally shot in 3D. He feels it's ruining 3D.

And now it's beginning out Titanic 3D to cash in on the 100th Anniversary.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

3D will be finished within 2 years. Again.

Capt Pat

Is it just me or are the movies not actually 3D. I can't see any difference. Am I sittint too close to the screen.

nrico2006

I saw Avatar in 3D, great experience from a quality point of view but as for actual 3d (scenes appearing as if they werte closer to you than they actually are) then there were only a few scenes in the film that you would have noticed it.

Have a I am Number 4, Limitless and True Grit to get through this weekend, anyone seen them?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Saw NEDS on dvd last night. Very average at best.

trileacman

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 26, 2011, 08:57:56 AM
I saw Avatar in 3D, great experience from a quality point of view but as for actual 3d (scenes appearing as if they werte closer to you than they actually are) then there were only a few scenes in the film that you would have noticed it.

Have a I am Number 4, Limitless and True Grit to get through this weekend, anyone seen them?
Movie that thinks its smarter than it is. Skip it.

True Grit is a good watch. Prefered the original but they gave it a good whack.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Dinny Breen

Hangover 2 was  bit meh! Same recycled jokes, not worth a cinema visit  >:(
#newbridgeornowhere

laoislad

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 26, 2011, 08:57:56 AM

Thought Limitless was good.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

SLIGONIAN

Hangover 1 was decent, but it grew on me over time to a good, Hangover2 was brilliant, way better than the first imo,

I thought i am number4 was good, limitless was good aswell, and True Grit while a bit ruthless for me was also good.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Tony Baloney

I have yet to read a good review of Hangover 2. The consensus is that it is an unashamed and worse carbon copy of the first one.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 29, 2011, 12:13:23 AM
I have yet to read a good review of Hangover 2. The consensus is that it is an unashamed and worse carbon copy of the first one.
4 stars in total film,
most of my mates thought the same as me. It is kinda the same format all right but funnier and in fairness most laughs you dont see coming,  judge for yourself. though
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Capt Pat

Hangover 2 is average at best only a couple of good laughs in it.

attheraces

Downloaded 'The Prestige' last night for first time. Good show with a scary good cast!
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.