Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mc_grens

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 20, 2011, 12:08:01 PM
Is Black Swan any good?

Didn't like it at all. I thought it was a very uncomfortable watch.

Went to see a comedy called Cedar Rapids the other night, didn't expect much, but it was pretty good!

mc_grens

Oh, and Pirates 4 is complete tat.

screenexile

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 20, 2011, 01:26:42 AM
Quote from: paco on May 19, 2011, 11:05:13 PM
Anyone ever seen Sometimes In April? Had never heard of it before, but seen it on Sky Atlantic tonight and your man Idris Elba from The Wire is in it, so I thought I'd watch it. Seems a good show so far.

Wait for it to finish and then get back to us. I have developed the habit of using the i phone while watching movies helps break up the tension and scare factors of movies like insidious. It is a tense movie. Ihave gone off the really scary horror movies. I don't watch the scariest or gory bits.

Have yet to see a film that has actually scared me before. The only one that comes close is Silence of the Lambs which completely freaked me out at the time. Paranormal Activity was a bit freaky but nothing more than that.

I am intrigued about Insidious now though I might try to see it this weekend.

Tony Baloney

Is Black Swan any good?
How did your reappraisal of Blade Runner go? Was it Final Cut or Directors Cut?

The Iceman

Don't get to the Cinema that often but heading tonight to see Thor in 3D.
Looking forward to the experience if nothing else.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 20, 2011, 12:59:28 PM
Is Black Swan any good?

I am going to watch it tonight, been using what little time I have of late to watch Soprano's on Atlantic HD, on Episode 2 of Season 2 and really enjoying it.  Season 1 was very slow.  It's the Directors Cut.  I know there are so many versions of it out there, which one has the most credibility?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Capt Pat

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 20, 2011, 09:33:40 AM
Quote from: orchard 8195 on May 12, 2011, 11:20:29 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 12, 2011, 10:56:48 PM
Watched Thor the other night and it was quite enjoyable. Worth a watch!

Anyone seen Hanna yet? It looks like a good movie.

Watched it last night, very weird film and the storyline wasnt really what i expected. Some good action scenes but disappointing to say the least.

To be honest it bored me senseless. Thought there was far too much of Saoirse Ronan just walking about. Very few action scenes and very little happening in the action scenes. Mostly just chasing. On foot.

I am in complete disagreement and I have seen it 3 times and didn't get bored at all. I thought the movie moved along very well, not a lot of explosions but still enough going on to keep you interested.

On a different note, watch 13 assassins if you get the chance before it finishes in cinemas.

AFS

Quote from: The Iceman on May 20, 2011, 01:27:10 PM

Don't be. Wasn't shot in 3D, so they've just jazzed up a couple of scenes in order to rob an extra few pounds off you. Complete gimmick.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on May 21, 2011, 09:41:05 PM
Dirty Harry is about to start on TG4, if anybody wants to watch it. If they don't, that's ok.
If Minder wasn't in Egypt he'd be watching it. For the 100th time.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 20, 2011, 01:43:04 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 20, 2011, 12:59:28 PM
Is Black Swan any good?

I am going to watch it tonight, been using what little time I have of late to watch Soprano's on Atlantic HD, on Episode 2 of Season 2 and really enjoying it.  Season 1 was very slow.  It's the Directors Cut.  I know there are so many versions of it out there, which one has the most credibility?
I think the Final Cut was the only one that Scott had total control over. I have the Directors Cut. I think you'll like it - especially Sean Young.

nrico2006

On another note, watched Deja Vu and John Q at the weekend for the 20th time each.  I think I will hoke out Fallen, Man On Fire and He Got Game this week.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: AFS on May 20, 2011, 04:36:57 PM

Don't be. Wasn't shot in 3D, so they've just jazzed up a couple of scenes in order to rob an extra few pounds off you. Complete gimmick.
:o Ive seen 2d and 3d, and about 45 mins of is in 3d, all the asgard stuff is proper 3d, and some on earth, enjoy iceman, visually stunning imho.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

The Iceman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 23, 2011, 10:58:59 AM
Quote from: AFS on May 20, 2011, 04:36:57 PM

:o Ive seen 2d and 3d, and about 45 mins of is in 3d, all the asgard stuff is proper 3d, and some on earth, enjoy iceman, visually stunning imho.
I went to see it in 2D on the recommendations earlier, wish I read your post first. Thought the film was a good adaption of the comic story. Wasn't sure how they would pull it off but it worked.
Will hopefully see a 3D movie soon.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Denn Forever

If you want to be scared tonight, The Shining is on ITV4 at 22.00 tonight.

Is it from this film that "Heres Johnny" is from?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...