Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mc_grens on March 26, 2011, 06:58:22 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 25, 2011, 01:16:45 PM
Saw the Adjustment Bureau with matt damon and emily blunt, was blown away tbh, 9.5 out of 10, thought it was briiliant story and well paced action. Best film of 2011 so far for me.

I thought it was excellent. Right in my wheelhouse with the fate versus choice thing and all.

Oh, and I'm in love with Emily Blunt.
Would be a fan myself although she went and married thon fella from the American Office.

mc_grens

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 26, 2011, 07:03:16 PM
Quote from: mc_grens on March 26, 2011, 06:58:22 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 25, 2011, 01:16:45 PM
Saw the Adjustment Bureau with matt damon and emily blunt, was blown away tbh, 9.5 out of 10, thought it was briiliant story and well paced action. Best film of 2011 so far for me.

I thought it was excellent. Right in my wheelhouse with the fate versus choice thing and all.

Oh, and I'm in love with Emily Blunt.
Would be a fan myself although she went and married thon fella from the American Office.

Yeah I know. Shocking stuff.

5 Sams

The Last King of Scotland...don't bother your hole...dung..

I know it's mentioned on here a few times but "In Bruges"...top class..
The Aristocrat Years

Capt Pat

Limitless is good. It is about a pill that makes you a genius for 24 hours.

7.5 out of 10.

paco

Any of you foreign movie fanatics ever seen the Japanese film Battle Royale? Downloading it here now.

Brick Tamlin

3:10 to Yuma starting now over on channel 5, Russel Crowe and Christain Bale..excellent remake.

lawnseed

gladiator best show to fall asleep during half way through never actually saw the end of this :-[
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

omagh_gael

Quote from: lawnseed on March 27, 2011, 09:08:30 PM
Gladiator is the best show to fall asleep half way through. Never actually saw the end of this :-[

Fixed that for you ;)

CiKe

Thoroughly enjoyed The Adjustment Bureau yesterday. Just watched The Men Who Stare at Goats. Nearly spat out my dinner a couple of times laughing, but overall not sure what to make of it - totally off the wall.

trileacman

Quote from: paco on March 27, 2011, 08:56:07 PM
Any of you foreign movie fanatics ever seen the Japanese film Battle Royale? Downloading it here now.
meh . . . tis middlin.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

mc_grens

Quote from: trileacman on March 27, 2011, 10:02:52 PM
meh . . . tis middlin.

Awesome I thought.

Archie Mitchell

Stone with De Niro and Ed Norton in it ... Load of shite.

ross4life

Would recommended it! have it on DVD, alot of crappy spin offs since it came out.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on March 28, 2011, 07:29:32 PM
Stone with De Niro and Ed Norton in it ... Load of shite.
Two great actors but can't remember the last time either appeared in anything decent.

clarshack

what did people think of the blind side?

only got around to watching it last nite but i must say it was better than expected.