Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

started watching Valkerie on Saturday night, what a total load of shite turned it off.

Then watched Inglorious Basterds, some show, would highly reccommend it, bit gruesome but thoroughgly enjoyable.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

DuffleKing

Quote from: Up The Middle on February 22, 2011, 11:16:21 AM
started watching Valkerie on Saturday night, what a total load of shite turned it off.

Then watched Inglorious Basterds, some show, would highly reccommend it, bit gruesome but thoroughgly enjoyable.

I thought Valkarie was brilliant.
Didn't like inglorious at all.

Different strokes for different folks i guess....

Hardy

Quote from: CiKe on February 21, 2011, 08:35:39 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on February 21, 2011, 07:47:50 PM
Watched Dinner @ the Schmucks recently.

One of the worst films i have ever seen.

Avoid at all costs.

Not seen it, but watch "le diner de cons" (?) the french original, is very good.

That's a classic comedy - not to be missed. It's available with subtitles- I have it on VHS. I didn't realise there was a Hollywood version.

Celt_Man

Watched The Prestige last night... Have to say it is one of the best movies I've watched in a hell of a long time...  Superb casting and acting, brilliant script and plot and enough twists at the end to leave manys the head scratching...

The jumping back and forth took a tiny bit of getting used to at the start but added to the overall quality and direction of the movie.

Only question is, for a man who might watch 7 or 8 movies a week - how in the name of jaysus did this one slip by me for as long?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

DownFanatic

Watched Ali G Indahouse again the other night. For pure simple laughs, you couldn't beat it. Very very funny.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 23, 2011, 05:56:07 PM
Watched The Prestige last night... Have to say it is one of the best movies I've watched in a hell of a long time...  Superb casting and acting, brilliant script and plot and enough twists at the end to leave manys the head scratching...

The jumping back and forth took a tiny bit of getting used to at the start but added to the overall quality and direction of the movie.

Only question is, for a man who might watch 7 or 8 movies a week - how in the name of jaysus did this one slip by me for as long?

Fantastic  film , saw it in the cinema when it came out, am  just after watching what is one of my all time favourites on Film4 - The untouchables , great script, acting and soundtrack

Radda bout yeee

whats the best horror film IYO

Capt Pat

paco

Mines would probably be The Thing. Another I liked which was different from most I've seen was The Exorcism of Emily Rose, I liked the way it went between the courtroom setting and the re-telling of the story and still managed to be (IMO) very scary.

Canalman

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on February 25, 2011, 11:42:12 AM
whats the best horror film IYO

For me

Wicker Man
American Werewolf in London
Carrie

As a kid, Salem's Lot scared the wits out of me............ especially the Window scene. Not sure how a reviewing of it would pan out.
For the life of me I cannot find these recent Japanese "chillers" scary.

Also worth a look

Dog Soldiers
The Others

HiMucker

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 23, 2011, 05:56:07 PM

I find the prestige a film thats even better the second time round as you can grasp it better, but you loss the surprise of the twists.  Great show

Agnes Dipesto

I like that list Canalman, especially Wicker Man (the one with Edward Woodward). Another one I thought was good too was Race with the Devil with Peter Fonda, think it was made in the 70's.

Salem's Lot was brilliant and I remember being freaked out by that scene of the young boy at the window. Another film I found totally disturbing was The Exorcist. I watched it once and vowed never again.

HiMucker

Pitch black would be one of my favourite horrors but not while scary.  Vin Deisels big break before he made an arse of himself.

The Omen scared the shit out of me when i was youngster.  Remember watchin it and then asking my da something and he was sleepin!  Crapped them and turned the channel over!

Olly

The scariest film I ever saw was Titanic. You had a vague notion that the boat was going to sink but weren't sure if Hollywood would make it be saved by Di Caprio or not. In the end it was sunk but Di Caprio's face was one of the greatest moments in horror as he sunk himself. You were half awaiting for him to come up again and kill Winslet.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

bennydorano

Event Horizon scared the shite outta me one night (long time ago) I watched it very hung over.  Still gives me the willies, it's having a run on Sky Movies at present.