Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Puff

Watched Mr Nice at the weekend, a great show.

Nothing serious, just a good story well acted.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Puckoon on January 31, 2011, 06:49:00 PM
Quote from: mc_grens on January 31, 2011, 07:01:54 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 31, 2011, 03:56:51 AM
Zombieland! Solid 7.9/10. Good stuff.

Loved the Bill Murray cameo.

I didnt want to throw out any spoilers - but yes that was fantastic! And the first scene with the twinkies had me in stitches.
enjoyed zonbieland aswell, woody harleson is great in it
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Don Johnson

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 31, 2011, 09:12:42 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 31, 2011, 08:52:56 PM
Watched three films last week, namely Black Swan, Due Date and Peacefire. Black Swan was a load of shite and I recommend that nobody pay any sort of fee to watch it. I dozed off during Due Date but it wasn't that funny from what I saw at the start. Peacefire was a good watch, it's set in Craigavon.
Black Swan is getting quare reviews here.

I thought Black Swan was brilliant. 8/10.

ziggysego

Tonight my movie was 'I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry'. Gotta say, I enjoyed this. A funny wee movie. A bit of a non-thinker, which is great for a Monday evening after work. (7/10)
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

Quote from: paco on January 31, 2011, 07:23:07 PM
What's the consensus on "Buried"? Going to download it here now.

I was expecting more from buried, but I suppose there is only so much that can be done with an actor and a coffin. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

paco

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 01, 2011, 08:49:09 AM

I was expecting more from buried, but I suppose there is only so much that can be done with an actor and a coffin.

Likewise, must check IMDB, I'd be interested to find out the budget of the film and how much it made.

Capt Pat

I think it is great.

nrico2006

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 01, 2011, 11:36:46 AM

I think it is great.

It was pretty intense at times and I am glad I watched it, but I was expecting something as good as The Vanishing, which it wasn't.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggysego

I'd hate to watch Buried. It's one of my fears, so I'm sure it would terrify me.
Testing Accessibility

GalwayBayBoy

Saw The Town last night. Thought it was excellent. A bit reminiscent of Heat although that's no bad thing.

thewobbler

The Town is an infinite improvement on Heat. Heat was about an hour too long and genuinely lacked suspense. A very overrated film imho.

Canalman

Saw a Korean movie called Oldboy at the weekend on DVD. Seriouslly shocking ending to the film and I don't shock too easily. A headwrecker of a flick. Can't reallly see "Hollywood" queuing up to remake it due to its ending.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Don Johnson on January 31, 2011, 10:21:39 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 31, 2011, 09:12:42 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 31, 2011, 08:52:56 PM
Watched three films last week, namely Black Swan, Due Date and Peacefire. Black Swan was a load of shite and I recommend that nobody pay any sort of fee to watch it. I dozed off during Due Date but it wasn't that funny from what I saw at the start. Peacefire was a good watch, it's set in Craigavon.
Black Swan is getting quare reviews here.

I thought Black Swan was brilliant. 8/10.

Black Swan is excellent 9/10

Freeeeeky film, but I love those type of physiological thrillers

ross matt

Quote from: thewobbler on February 02, 2011, 05:18:44 PM
The Town is an infinite improvement on Heat. Heat was about an hour too long and genuinely lacked suspense. A very overrated film imho.
You think?
Thought Heat was better myself. Both The Town and Heat were enjoyable but there was a sense of sytle over substance I thought. Shades of The Departed about The Town also in terms of the gangster setting etc.
Like all 3 movies but also thought all 3 were slightly over rated.

mouview

Heat definitely overrated, if for no other reason than Pacino chews up half of LA in his performance. Most of Mann's films tend to favour style over substance anyway.