Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Man Marker on January 05, 2011, 04:26:06 PM
now thats what i call a serious woman, no skinny BS there, curves in the correct places

Some of the best scenes I have ever scene in my life are from her movie 3 - make sure you get a copy.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Celt_Man

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 06, 2011, 02:22:15 PM
now thats what i call a serious woman, no skinny BS there, curves in the correct places

Some of the best scenes I have ever scene in my life are from her movie 3 - make sure you get a copy.

Is that the one where she gets nailed makes love on the beach??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

nrico2006

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 06, 2011, 03:26:54 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 06, 2011, 02:22:15 PM

Is that the one where she gets nailed makes love on the beach??

On the beach, in the water - you name it. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Niall Quinn

I might have mentioned it before, but Grizzly Man (now available in full on youtube) is a fascinating movie - 'Treadwell deserved Hertzog' to paraphrase Ebert!

Interesting comments on True Grit. I found it a refreshing movie remake, and much preferred the tone and styling to the Wayne effort. In retrospect, I'm not sure the levity of the previous suited, and like that the cast didn't take refuge in debasing/ flippancy for this version.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Archie Mitchell

Watched The Social Network and The Fighter recently. Both good shows and well worth a watch.

Anyone know where I can get a good torrent for 127 Hours?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 07, 2011, 11:38:14 AM
Watched The Social Network and The Fighter recently. Both good shows and well worth a watch.

Anyone know where I can get a good torrent for 127 Hours?

Haven't opened any of these so dunno what they are like
http://thepiratebay.org/search/127%20HOURS/0/99/0
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Capt Pat

The Way Back is a very good movie telling the story of Gulag prisoners in the old Soviet Union who try to escape by walking to Mongolia. Predictable in that you know how it will go but not dull ,it is entertaining, hard to fault this movie.

8.5  out of 10.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 07, 2011, 01:54:02 PM
The Way Back is a very good movie telling the story of Gulag prisoners in the old Soviet Union who try to escape by walking to Mongolia. Predictable in that you know how it will go but not dull ,it is entertaining, hard to fault this movie.

8.5  out of 10.
What shape is Colin Farrell's accent? Saw a clip for some London gangster flick before Christmas and his accent was cat.

Puckoon

Thats super troopers you're thinking off. Farrell wasn't in it.

paco

Anyone seen 127 hours yet?

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Niall Quinn on January 07, 2011, 06:27:26 AM
I might have mentioned it before, but Grizzly Man (now available in full on youtube) is a fascinating movie - 'Treadwell deserved Hertzog' to paraphrase Ebert!

Interesting comments on True Grit. I found it a refreshing movie remake, and much preferred the tone and styling to the Wayne effort. In retrospect, I'm not sure the levity of the previous suited, and like that the cast didn't take refuge in debasing/ flippancy for this version.

I have to agree with you there.

Timothy Treadwell was a strange character.

Some of that footage is class.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility