Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: Big Puff on January 03, 2011, 11:55:36 AM
Anyone ever seen public enemies? is it worth a watch?
Aye it is surely... Very good show
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ziggysego

Seen Inception last night. Still don't like Leo. Didn't think it was all that confusing. Tell me, spoiler alert, did the spinner fall over in the end? My sister and I argued about this.
Testing Accessibility

ross4life

Quote from: Orior on January 03, 2011, 11:31:39 AM
Best film that I watched over the Christmas period was No Country for Old Men

Did you like the ending?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Big Puff

Quote from: ziggysego on January 03, 2011, 05:46:02 PM
Seen Inception last night. Still don't like Leo. Didn't think it was all that confusing. Tell me, spoiler alert, did the spinner fall over in the end? My sister and I argued about this.

thats the whole point, no one knows

heganboy

Being a complete geek I went to see Tron over the weekend. no acting, no plot, but the sound track and the effects are unreal...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lurganblue on January 03, 2011, 09:43:14 AM
Went to see the little fockers in the cinema over the holidays. Very much the same as the other two so if you enjoyed them, you'll probably enjoy this too. Some good laughs. Brought our daughter with us, probably not very suitable in hindsight
DeNiro must owe the tax man a fortune otherwise why would he act in the shite he has over the past few years.

ziggysego

Quote from: Big Puff on January 03, 2011, 05:55:49 PM

That was my side of the arguement.
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

Quote from: Big Puff on January 03, 2011, 11:55:36 AM
Anyone ever seen public enemies? is it worth a watch?

Seen it, not worth a look.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Quote from: ziggysego on January 03, 2011, 10:27:47 PM

I have read Michael Caine claim that the spinner fell over but their view holds no weight IMO, its what you actually see happening on screen that counts.  He also said that it was reality at the end because if he is present then it is real, as he is never in the dream.  But how does him being in the dream mean it is real, as there are others in the dreams created by LDC's subconcious that weren't hooked up either.

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mc_grens

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 04, 2011, 09:18:08 AM

I have read Michael Caine claim that the spinner fell over but their view holds no weight IMO, its what you actually see happening on screen that counts.  He also said that it was reality at the end because if he is present then it is real, as he is never in the dream.  But how does him being in the dream mean it is real, as there are others in the dreams created by LDC's subconcious that weren't hooked up either.

One wee clue that most people missed... It was two different kids at the end. They looked different than they did in his dream earlier in the flick. To me that means that he wasn't dreaming as time had moved on and they'd aged. Whereas if it was his dream he'd still be seeing them in the same way every time. Apparently there are other clues pointing to the same conclusion.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: mc_grens on January 04, 2011, 10:57:53 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 04, 2011, 09:18:08 AM

One wee clue that most people missed... It was two different kids at the end. They looked different than they did in his dream earlier in the flick. To me that means that he wasn't dreaming as time had moved on and they'd aged. Whereas if it was his dream he'd still be seeing them in the same way every time. Apparently there are other clues pointing to the same conclusion.

Most over-rated film ever produced, utter shite in my opinion.  I forgot what they went into the drams for again, pure dung
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Canalman

A gem of a flick on tonight on Film4 at 9pm called Shallow Grave . Most probably have seen it already and well worth a watch for those that haven't.

blewuporstuffed

Anyone seen 127 hours yet? looks very good
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Canalman on January 05, 2011, 10:26:52 AM
A gem of a flick on tonight on Film4 at 9pm called Shallow Grave . Most probably have seen it already and well worth a watch for those that haven't.

Great film with a great tune from Leftfield.

Ulick

Some real shite being released at the moment. Watched The Town the other night. Pretty poor apart from Pete Postlewaite's cameo as an Irish gangster. Kind of like Heat but nowhere near as slick and with Ben Affleck instead of De Niro. Affleck directs as well. The Devil started off very good but went downhill quickly. Buried is a slow burner but keep me watching until the end. I think the best I've watched over the past few weeks apart from Inception, which I loved, was Of Gods and Men, true story about a group Trappist monks in Algeria during the civil war. Kandagar, another one based on true story about Russian pilots taken hostage by the Taliban is also quite good.