Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Saw "Catfish" last night. Excellent film. Well worth checking out.

nrico2006

I saw the Expendables at the weekend, and enjoyed it.  Dreadful scene in it though featuring Arni and Willis, was like something out of a Naked Gun film and I was wondering what I had let myself in for.  But it was a decent action film from there on. 

Also saw SALT, which had a good storyline but seemed to play out very quickly.  Seemed very hurried.  Could have been alot better, but overall I enjoyed it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Real Laoislad

Watched Avatar last night...what a pile of dung
You'll Never Walk Alone.

paco

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 17, 2010, 04:26:59 PM
Seen a classic on Sky last night 'Strength and Honour', Vinnie Jones and an Irish accent  :D

Is that the one about travelling folk fighting each other? Ridiculously bad film! Michael Madsen must have been high when he signed up for that one.

ross4life

Flightplan on RTE 2 now! decent film worth a watch.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Celt_Man

Saw a right few flicks in the last couple of days...
Miller's Crossing, serious show thoroughly enjoyed it, great cast, great plot, great show
Downfall - one of those films I had to watch, again very good movie, yer man who played Hilter was excellent - love to know how factual the whole events were.... must investigate
saw The Tourist last week, not much use, only alright, could see the twist coming from a mile off
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Capt Pat

I saw Tron Legacy, 3D. It is a very good looking film, much more hight tech and slicker than the original. I thought it was very good on the first viewing.

7.5 out of 10.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 21, 2010, 03:17:29 AM
I saw Tron Legacy, 3D. It is a very good looking film, much more hight tech and slicker than the original. I thought it was very good on the first viewing.

7.5 out of 10.

Would you think that would because the original was from 1982 by any chance!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

5 Sams

ZULU...great show...on at the Chrimbo as well...
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 21, 2010, 05:11:32 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on December 21, 2010, 03:17:29 AM

7.5 out of 10.

Would you think that would because the original was from 1982 by any chance!
Cheeky ****. Very good point though!

magpie seanie

Just watched "Waiting for Eric" there. Actually really good, better than I expected.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: AbbeySider on June 08, 2010, 04:14:48 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on June 03, 2010, 08:03:21 PM
Watched Boondock Saints again for nostalgia - fantastic show still.

I was in Canada earlier in the year and a few fellas over there were raving about the Boondock Saints and couldnt believe I never heard of it! Must watch it some time...

Boondock Saints is a classic

Just half way thru Boondock Saints II  pure crap!!!  The characters are comical and not in a good way. What a way to ruin a great premise.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Billys Boots

Watched Home Alone and Home Alone 2 with the kids yesterday - I'd forgotten how funny they were.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

nrico2006

Quote from: Billys Boots on December 22, 2010, 08:42:39 AM
Watched Home Alone and Home Alone 2 with the kids yesterday - I'd forgotten how funny they were.

Home Alone 1 and 2 are two of my favourite Christmas films.  Hope to watch them during the next week.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 21, 2010, 11:44:47 PM
Just watched "Waiting for Eric" there. Actually really good, better than I expected.

Saw it a few months ago, thought it was pretty good too.  The Cantona factor obviously having a big bearing on my verdict.