Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: paco on December 03, 2010, 10:42:33 AM
In Bruges on Film4 tonight at 9pm. For anyone who hasn't seen it, Id definitely recommend watching it, for anyone who has seen it, I'd recommend watching it again.

Enjoyable flick but Colin Farrell......does he live or die?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

Quote from: ross4life on December 03, 2010, 11:07:53 PM
In Bruges on Film4 tonight at 9pm. For anyone who hasn't seen it, Id definitely recommend watching it, for anyone who has seen it, I'd recommend watching it again.

Can't remember! Recorded it earlier, just going to watch it now so I'll leave you all on a cliffhanger.

BarryBreensBandage

Saw Beowulf the other night - maybe a bit behind on the films, but what a show.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

DrinkingHarp

Took the two nephews out for their b-day dinner/movie

1st night seen Jackass 3-D  Brilliant, def a guys movie  9 out of 10

2nd night was Harry Potter  what a long f@#$ing movie, story line average, special fx great.  6 out of 10
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Capt Pat

SPOILERS

Secratariat - The heart warming story about how a rich middle aged upper middle class american lady wife of a rich lawyer, inherits a large stud farm along with her Harvard professor brother. Her father who was breeding horses with the richest man in America had 2 pregnant mares, they decided to decide ownership of the 2 foals with a coin toss. The richest man in America won the coin toss and chose the wrong horse. Courageously the rich middle aged lady with the peroxide hair took credit for losing the coin toss, saying that was the horse she wanted all along. Once her senile father was dead she was free to bask in the media glory and enjoy the cash rewards of her fathers hard work while neglecting her children and leaving her sulky husband to look after them.

The horse wins the final race of the triple corown, the belmont stakes by the small margin of 31 lengths for millions of dollars more than she already had but fully expected because there were only 5 horses in the race as Secratariat was too good to race against. Sulky husband decides that this is not such a bad thing after all. THE END.

SPOILERS OVER

Secratariat

Only in America. I am sure there was an interesting story to be told around this horse. How her father built up his stud farm from nothing, how ROn Turcotte the jockey learnt his trade and eventually broke his back doing it ending up in a wheel chair, how the flabpoyant trainer lived his life etc, but no we got the story of the lucky media freindly rich lady who stole the show. Still not a bad movie.

6 out of 10.

Capt Pat

Monsters

A cross between Cloverfield and the Blair witch project, the story about how aliens have taken over a part of Mexico. A good movie, not a great movie, in a way nothing really happens, if you have seen the action in the trailers that is about the height of it. It is still Interesting enough

7 out of 10

leaveherinsir

Quote from: paco on December 03, 2010, 11:35:25 PM

Can't remember! Recorded it earlier, just going to watch it now so I'll leave you all on a cliffhanger.
That is the question, doesnt he say "hope i dont die" - maybe even the last line of the film. Ironic, given he was going to commit suicide. Absolutely brillant film, think i have to put it in my top 3 alongside Withnail&I and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

nrico2006

Quote from: leaveherinsir on December 09, 2010, 11:53:15 PM

That is the question, doesnt he say "hope i dont die" - maybe even the last line of the film. Ironic, given he was going to commit suicide. Absolutely brillant film, think i have to put it in my top 3 alongside Withnail&I and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

I'm near sure Colin Farrell is still alive.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

crossdoesitbest

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 10, 2010, 07:50:46 AM

Has to be one of the funniest movies ever, with some brilliant lines in it!

eg
"Two manky hookers and a racist dwarf. I think i'll head home"  ;D ;D ;D

Declan

In Bruges classic lines alright:
Ken: We shall strike a balance between culture and fun.
Ray: Somehow I believe, Ken, that the balance shall tip in the favor of culture, like a big fat f**king retarded f**king black girl on a see-saw opposite... a dwarf.

Ray: A lot of midgets tend to kill themselves. A disproportionate amount, actually. Hervé Villechaize off of Fantasy Island. I think somebody from the Time Bandits did. I suppose they must get really sad about like... being really little and that... people looking at them, laughing at them, calling them names. You know, "short arse". There's another famous midget. I miss him but I can't remember. It's not the R2D2 man; no, he's still going. I hope your midget doesn't kill himself. Your dream sequence will be fucked.
Chloë: He doesn't like being called a midget. He prefers dwarf.
Ray: This is exactly my point! People going around calling you a midget when you want to be called a dwarf. Of course you're going to blow your head off.

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.

crossdoesitbest

Quote from: Declan on December 10, 2010, 11:21:11 AM
In Bruges classic lines alright:
Ken: We shall strike a balance between culture and fun.
Ray: Somehow I believe, Ken, that the balance shall tip in the favor of culture, like a big fat f**king retarded f**king black girl on a see-saw opposite... a dwarf.

Ray: A lot of midgets tend to kill themselves. A disproportionate amount, actually. Hervé Villechaize off of Fantasy Island. I think somebody from the Time Bandits did. I suppose they must get really sad about like... being really little and that... people looking at them, laughing at them, calling them names. You know, "short arse". There's another famous midget. I miss him but I can't remember. It's not the R2D2 man; no, he's still going. I hope your midget doesn't kill himself. Your dream sequence will be fucked.
Chloë: He doesn't like being called a midget. He prefers dwarf.
Ray: This is exactly my point! People going around calling you a midget when you want to be called a dwarf. Of course you're going to blow your head off.

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.

;D ;D ;D ;D

leaveherinsir

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 10, 2010, 07:50:46 AM

And ridin all round him, no doubt   ;D ;D

Main Street

TG4 tonight 11.35 Le Couperet    directed by Costa Gavras,
not near his best but still an excellent all round film, well worth a watch.

gerrykeegan

Just watching blazing saddles. The belching farting scene. Classic comedy
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Milltown Row2

Watched Shutters island last night. Very disturbing indeed. As a parent you kind of dislike films like that.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea