Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaaman

The new Harry Potter film is out on the 19th of November. I don't care what anyone says but I am really looking forward to seeing this film. Was tempted to start a new thread just for this movie but thought better of it. Any other Potter fans on the board?

paco

Haven't read the book but was there really any need to split it into 2 films?

STREET FIGHTER

Seen Kick Ass recently. 

Not reall sure if i liked it or not.

Suppose i was expecting more given the reviews it got.

mc_grens

Quote from: paco on November 02, 2010, 07:10:17 PM
Haven't read the book but was there really any need to split it into 2 films?

Lots going on in the book, it would indeed be difficult to pack it into one movie of a sufficiently short running time fir kids to last the whole way through

Orior

Great film on Film4 now - Secrets and Lies.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Just after watching Nixon/Frost. Excellent film. Not the film I was expecting. Very enjoyable. Martin Sheen, ever the brilliant impersonator you expect. Has he ever played a fictional character before?  :D
Testing Accessibility

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Gaaman on November 02, 2010, 05:07:21 PM
The new Harry Potter film is out on the 19th of November. I don't care what anyone says but I am really looking forward to seeing this film. Was tempted to start a new thread just for this movie but thought better of it. Any other Potter fans on the board?

I love Harry potter books and films, order of phoenix was the worst book but best film so far. Best book would be prisoner of azaban or the last one. The trailers look class, glad they broke into 2 films as theres alot to cram in.

I was out last weekend and i wore my glasses but going out clothes, the amount of people that thought i was harry potter was unreal, so i endulged them, with a few invisible wand flicks and expelleramuses,,,to there delight :D
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Gaaman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 03, 2010, 12:52:00 AM

I love Harry potter books and films, order of phoenix was the worst book but best film so far. Best book would be prisoner of azaban or the last one. The trailers look class, glad they broke into 2 films as theres alot to cram in.

I was out last weekend and i wore my glasses but going out clothes, the amount of people that thought i was harry potter was unreal, so i endulged them, with a few invisible wand flicks and expelleramuses,,,to there delight :D

Glad they have split the last book as well. The two movies will be very different as first half of the book is more a search and destroy mission where the second half is a full on battle. Plus it gives us fans another year of Potter-mania.

Sligonian did they think you had dressed up for Hallowe'en?

I embrace my geekiness

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: ziggysego on October 25, 2010, 09:09:23 PM
I'm thinking of going to see Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole this week. I'm sure the story is average enough, but the visual effects look outstanding. Anyone seen it yet?
Took the kids to see this on Monday, the wee lad thought it was "classical"

Watched Kick-Ass over the weekend, thought it was excellent.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Gaaman on November 03, 2010, 08:10:00 AM

Glad they have split the last book as well. The two movies will be very different as first half of the book is more a search and destroy mission where the second half is a full on battle. Plus it gives us fans another year of Potter-mania.

I embrace my geekiness
Ya i think so, but i wasnt wearing any outfit, just dressed for out. The glasses worked well in fairness, a seriously hot girl who wasnt dressed up either came up to me and took them off me, tied her hair back, pulled down her top to show more cleavage and gave me the secretary pose to my delight. But it didnt make any sense as her boyfriend wasnt too far away, i thought i was in there. Anyway i am available as a harry potter impersonater, i'll do weddings, conferences etc...
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Bogball XV

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on November 02, 2010, 07:32:12 PM
Seen Kick Ass recently. 

Not reall sure if i liked it or not.

Suppose i was expecting more given the reviews it got.
agree, it was okay, but run of the mill really.

Wasn't particularily impressed by Date Night either.

Gaaman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 03, 2010, 11:38:59 AM
Quote from: Gaaman on November 03, 2010, 08:10:00 AM

I embrace my geekiness
Ya i think so, but i wasnt wearing any outfit, just dressed for out. The glasses worked well in fairness, a seriously hot girl who wasnt dressed up either came up to me and took them off me, tied her hair back, pulled down her top to show more cleavage and gave me the secretary pose to my delight. But it didnt make any sense as her boyfriend wasnt too far away, i thought i was in there. Anyway i am available as a harry potter impersonater, i'll do weddings, conferences etc...

:o

ziggysego

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on November 03, 2010, 09:46:12 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on October 25, 2010, 09:09:23 PM
I'm thinking of going to see Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole this week. I'm sure the story is average enough, but the visual effects look outstanding. Anyone seen it yet?
Took the kids to see this on Monday, the wee lad thought it was "classical"

I was expecting a Disney type film, but I thought it was quite savage for a children's movie. Still, with Zack Snyder directing it, I should have expected it a little. A very good film I must say.
Testing Accessibility

Celt_Man

Saw Brooklyn's Finest last night... haven't enjoyed a movie as much in a wee while... Very entertaining stuff and a good ending too
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ziggysego

Went to see Due Date last night in Omagh. Wouldn't be as good as The Hangover, but still a very funny film. However, I didn't get a chance to enjoy it in peace. Too man wee feckers in the cinema. Getting up to go to toilet in the middle of the film, playing with their mobile phones during the film and talking through it. Sickened me.

Eurotrip was on BBC One last night, so I thought I'd watch it. A horrendous film. Not one funny bit in it. Not even sure why I watched the whole thing.
Testing Accessibility